Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Janurary 20th!!!! Band Time!

:w00t:Hey you guys, tomorrow is the big day and I have not slept in 2 days!!! I get so nervous. Nurse called today to ask 10000 and 1 questions. Im soooo ready to get this done. Please everyone who is getting banded tomorrow get us updated, and good luck.:)

Nikki

Woo hoo! I'm right there with you! The scary thing is that I am actually not nervous at all! Wild right? I'm soooo ready too!

I've lost 6 pounds on my preop so far, so that's a good start!

Can't believe it's TOMORROW!! Well best of luck to all of you and I'll talk to you SOON!:)

THIS IS THE DAY WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!

by the time you read this, you're probably banded but, i cant sleep either! i'm so excited for this big today. surgery scheduled for 11:45 am tomorrow. best luck to both of you!! hope to hear that you're doing ok real shortly!!

tomorrow's the first day of our new lives!!

by the time you read this, you're probably banded but, i cant sleep either! i'm so excited for this big today. surgery scheduled for 11:45 am tomorrow. best luck to both of you!! hope to hear that you're doing ok real shortly!!

tomorrow's the first day of our new lives!!

Hey Liz! Hope things went well for you today! I am doing great! My stomach is a little sore, but it's only really when I am getting up and down. Other than that I'm doing really good!

I'm expecting the soreness to really hit me tomorrow, so we'll see. I'm not hungry at all, but my throat is soooo stinkin dry so I have made myself sip Water all day and I have had 2 SF popsicles.

I think I'm more nervous about the Lovenex shots that my hubby has to give me starting tomorrow! :thumbup: Eek! Hahaha I'm sure it'll be fine.

Well just wanted to check in I hope this message is finding you well!

Take care!

My surgery went very well. I was up and about just as soon as that darn catheter was removed.

I had lost 24 pounds on my pre-op diet. I had 4 weeks of it so I'm glad I lost some.

I am six days out now and still a bit sore but usually only when I forget and bend over and try to pick something up off the floor. Other than that, I am doing 100%.

I am on day 3 of my full liquids stage of diet. It's interesting to say the least. Things taste just like they are supposed to but the look and the texture sure are different.

I hope everyone else is doing great after their surgeries.

Hey all!

Just posting an update...I'm doing great! I'm up moving around like normal...going back to work Wednesday. I have no pain, and no more swelling and my incisions are healing really well, so I'm a happy camper! I have my post op Friday, so hopefully soon after that I will get my first fill!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

I have my post op Friday, so hopefully soon after that I will get my first fill!

Wow! I was told that I can't even think about having a fill until after 8 weeks. They want me completely healed up before having a fill.

They also told me to not worry about a fill until I've gone a couple of weeks without losing any weight.

Hey Everyone!

I too was banded on Jan 20th. Feeling good up until two days ago when I pulled a muscle near my port. OUCH!! It felt like someone was ripping my insides out. My hubby had to call my dr cuz he was a nervous wreck that I messed something up. Doctor said it was normal to go thru this and to take some ibuprofen. Feeling a little better, still sore though. Also, now have a nasty purple bruise near port area.

Hopefully I will feel better soon. First fill is on Feb 23.

Good luck to you ladies and Take Care!

Wow! I was told that I can't even think about having a fill until after 8 weeks. They want me completely healed up before having a fill.

They also told me to not worry about a fill until I've gone a couple of weeks without losing any weight.

Yeah a "little bit" in my terms is still several weeks out. LOL They are thinking end of February-ish, unless my appetite doesn't pick up by then...I'm still not hungry so it'll probably be March I'm sure :thumbup:

I am doing great! I have very little discomfort now and I'm sleeping better than I have in two weeks.

I am looking forward to switching from full liquids (pureed) to soft/mushy foods on the 4th.

I'll be on the soft foods for two weeks and then I'll switch to regular foods on the 19th. I can't wait.

I will go to weigh in later today at the doctor's office. I can't wait until I lose enough to weigh here at the house. I'll post an update when I get back from weighing in.