Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have had up to 9cc's and no real difference

I hear the 5 day pouch test works really well.

vegors, when did you have your band done, and how much weight have you lost? I would definitely get the band checked for leakage. I've heard it happens. I thought mine had one, cause I could just eat anything.

Hey, the good news is that you only have 50 pounds left to lose-it use to be much more, right? You are doing all the right things, which I can not say that I am doing at this point. Have you checked out this 5 day pouch test, by chance? I am not trying to talk you into anything, but I sure have been wondering if my pouch above the band is bigger than it started out to be and thus the reason for my hunger, etc. Maybe you have a stretched out one, too. But then, I also think, if I ever really recongnized when I was full, would I have ever gotten this big? I know when food is stuck and I have known in the past when I felt full, but only once has it lasted longer than a week. During that week I would lose a 2-3 pounds, but then gain it back again once that restriction was gone. Not very motivating, I know, and this restriction of yours may last for a long, long time. You know, like those who only need a few and make their goal weight!

It will be a year on this month. Got it on the 13th as a Valentine's Day gift to myself! I have had it checked once and they seemed to think it was okay, but will have the upper GI next Monday and will see what that shows. I kind of wish when I drink the barium that it would show a fountain of it leaking out into my stomach just so I could say, " There! I told you so!" but since there was no fountain last time, I am thinking there won't be this time either. Sure they eat 1500, but I have read that they end up working out 6 hours a day when on the ranch! One can not do that in real life, unless one is a trainer. Or I suppose I could, but not have a life and a family.

At this point, a pound a week sounds great to me! The band is suppose to be much slower than the bypass. My doc showed me a chart that showed us banders as much slower than the bypass, but after two years, the average weight loss was about the same.

Oh yes the weight loss question- I am still 30 pounds down from this time last year, but had been down 45 in June.

No, my pouch is not stretched. I have good restriction now, since my fill on Thurs. I just had my surgery Sept 11th. I'm only 4 1/2 months out. My doc said it's just that I didn't have enough restriction yet. I get my fills done my flouroscopy. You can see the pouch. Is that how they do yours? Your doc would know if it was dialated, stretched, etc...

6 hours of working out. UGH! I could not do that. At my last couple fills, mine was a fountain shooting out. He knew I had no restriction. Even with this last fill, right before it, he said you are very loose. This is the best it's been. Hopefully it lasts longer than a week. How much do you have to lose altogether. Those that are much bigger and have more to lose, have more restriction I hear. It makes sense. The bigger your stomach, the more pressure the band puts on it. The smaller, the more space, and less pressure. At least that's what I was told. My surgeon said I was small on the inside (my stomach) and that is why it's taking so much more Fluid. Who knows.... I'm just going to take it one day at a time and hope for the best. Who knows where I'll be in a year. I may be just as frustrated as you. :-) I'm just going to try my best. That's all I can really do.

On Januray 1st, 2008, the goal was 100 pounds, as it was the middle of the chart for Weight Watchers for my height, 5'7". I had lost 20 before my surgery, and then 25 after the surgery, with 12 of that in one month. They don't do my fills under floroscope, so that is why we are doing the upper GI next week. After the first fill, when they bent the 4 needles, they had me go in and they did the xray while trying to do the fill and found out that the port was basically standing straight up instead of lying flat. They had to reopen that incision and sew it back down. At that point she told my husband that my insides looked much different than my outside. What that means, I have no idea. Maybe I should have asked as I am sure she probably doesn't remember now. Do I have more fat inside than appears outside? Who knows, but I am definitely a pear shape and thinner above the belly button. If being thinner in there makes more of a difference, wish they would have quite messing around with fills only 1/2 cc at a time and had given me 1 cc at time.

I have the same amt. to lose. Hopefully you get some answers after the upper gi. My surgeon was pretty agressive with my fills. My first was 5cc, 2cc the 2nd for a total of 7 and 1.1 this last time for a total of 8.1. This is the first time that I've felt good restriction. We'll see how it goes.

I have a simple meal plan, meat the size of the palm of your hand, and something green about 1/4 cup. No counting or real measuring, 3 meals a day and don't allow boredom or frustration to make you eat. Hang in there. We didn't gain our weight over night and we are not going to loose it over night. Even though thats the way I would like it to be.

Banded in Alabama Sept. 24,2008 Dr. Scott B. Robbins

That's it, 3 oz of meat and 1/4 cup of something green. That's not even 1,000 calories a day. That's only like 7-800 a day Seems like that is not enough food for any human to consumer to me. Wont you have to live on that many calories for the rest of your life to keep your weight down, if you eat like that? I could not stick to a diet like that, I would get very bored and fall off quick. I have to have some variation in my diet. I think I would rather count calories then just eat 3 oz of meat and 1/4 cup of green at every single meal. That would drive me crazy.

It took quite some time before I really felt "regular and consistent" restriction - and that took me to 10cc fill - my band has capacity of 14cc so my doc tells me - I was banded Mar 13, 08, and was only losing between 5 and 8 lbs month and then plateau with no more than 2 lbs a month - seems I could eat anything - then in Dec, I was filled to 9.5 cc and lost 10lbs and my doc then filled me to 10cc for Jan 09 - I have my monthly check up tomorrow and if my scale is right - I've lost between 17 and 20 lbs - I have been able to eat only a very little and at times I think I'm too restricted . Think its just different for everyone - I'm down about 90lbs now and only 10lbs from my year goal of 100lbs! People at work today actually told me I need to stop losing weight - That made my day!!!

Oh you have given me hope! I know that when I go in next week, they will give me .5cc which will put me at 9.5 cc and I have a 10cc band. Not much more room to go. I am hoping that with that restriction, and doing the 5 day pouch test starting tomorrow to hopefully help shrink down my pouch, my weight loss will start up again. How wonderful to have people tell you that you need to stop losing weight! Isn't that something that we overweight people all dream of hearing one day? Congratulations on your very consistent weight loss!

Best of luck - keep us all posted - think I just ate too much - OMG, I have PB like there is no tomorrow - I had an english muffin and loaded it with butter - bad eating habits are hard to break even after 10 months - but, it tasted so good - and I still lost a bunch of weight this month!!!