Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Called UHC, little confusing????

my UHC coverage kicks in Feb 2nd due to Hubby's contractor change at work. I am PRAYING UHC-PPO will cover the surgery with no problems. At the moment we have highmark bc/bs out of PA and it is nothing but a headache!!!

I am waiting till Feb 2nd to call UHC for details! Thanks.

Ronni, can you call now and find out if there a weightloss surgery rider on the insurance? I have always been able to call to see if specific things are covered. They have always been more than happy to tell me. My employer also has a copy of the policy on our HR website.

I also have UHC but have had little to no luck talking to someone about this procedure in fact i was told by a rep that the bariatric resource services actually meant that they do not cover any weightloss support at all. so im guessing that i just talked to someone who either didnt care or was ignorant about what they actually cover. so my question is for those of you who have UHC and have contacted them regarding this to determine coverage..who should i call..just the number on the card?? and what specifically do i need to ask. it is becoming my experience that they will tell you you dont have coverage for things just so they dont have to pay for it ...can anyone help me out with this..i have been tryingto find a way to self pay for the surgery but if ins actually covers it that would be superfantastic as i have been worried about after the surgery..if i self pay..if there are complications if my ins will cover or if another dr will even touch me because of the procedure...if anyone has any advice and can help guide me i would really appreciate it. also if any of you who have uhc that live in co have suggestions for dr's i should check into for this procedure i would reallllllly appreciate it as i am new to this journey! thanks!:thumbup:

Have them send you an actual COPY of your policy with all appropriate riders... This will tell you if WLS is excluded. The "No bariatric resource coverage" sounds like a big red flag that WLS is NOT covered.

...so my question is for those of you who have UHC and have contacted them regarding this to determine coverage..who should i call..just the number on the card?? and what specifically do i need to ask.

If you have a surgeon I'd ask them about contacting your insurance company. My surgeons office contacted them for me I haven't had to talk to UHC at all yet. They know all of the right stuff to say and ask. I also have a coordinator that has been putting my packet together she let's me know what she needs I contact the medical dr's and they send it directly to her. I hope it doesn't bite me in the backside later.

Our company is suppose to have dedicated representatives at UHC that are suppose to be for us only and a special number but who knows they are all probably in one big room and answer whatever line passes to their desk.

Edited by JayTee562
typos

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches