Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

Banded Feb. 12th! I'm excited to be banded, however (thanks to the morphine) I over did it yesterday. Today I've been in agony and feeling a little emotional about the whole thing. I'm looking forward to next week when I'll feel better and can eat some Soup. Ugh!

It's been 11 days since I was banded and I am just starting to feel like I'm getting back to normal - well, not completely of course but much better. The pain is all but gone, a little sensitive around the incisions but doing well.

Wuan2000, just so you know - when I went for the one week post op meeting with the RN at my doc's office, I cried!! She said it is so totally normal to be emotional, the build up to the surgery . . . all the researching, preparation, hoops etc. plus the general anasthesia - I felt so silly!! Hang in there, it gets better - it's definately an individual experience and different for everyone. Take Care!!

banded Feb 11th and I seem to be doing well....never had any kind of surgery before so I don't have anything to compare it to but I'm not in horrible pain or anything so I guess that's a good sign. Looking forward to getting to know folks on here, continuing the journey and learning along the way.....

It's been 11 days since I was banded and I am just starting to feel like I'm getting back to normal - well, not completely of course but much better. The pain is all but gone, a little sensitive around the incisions but doing well.

Wuan2000, just so you know - when I went for the one week post op meeting with the RN at my doc's office, I cried!! She said it is so totally normal to be emotional, the build up to the surgery . . . all the researching, preparation, hoops etc. plus the general anasthesia - I felt so silly!! Hang in there, it gets better - it's definately an individual experience and different for everyone. Take Care!!

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It's nice to know someone is having a similar experience.

my pre op testing was done on feb 11th, and im on the preop diet of all liquid Proteins now. see doctor again on 20th for weigh-in and surgery is sceduled for the 23rd. getting nervous, but ready to get healthier .

I got my surgery done on Friday the 13th. I posted my adventure in my blog in case anyone is interested in reading about it. I'm not in horrible pain, but I'm not going to lie, the gas pains and incision pains are sore.

I'm going to Beverly Hills, CA today for my follow-up to make sure all is well.

hello ! you may also want a heating pad , neosporin, and larger sized bandaides for the days following. i found the heating pad just comfoting to my tummy when it was on low. good luck, you will do great!!!

THE BALD GUY here, i have been looking for a forum just for men, so far i have not been able to find one. My story goest like this, i have wanted the band for several months, my wife told me i could not use any savings money but if i sold some of my trucks i could get it done. On Feb 1 some guy came along and give me a deposit on one of my trucks. Iimmediately called a doctor in Mexico an scedule it for Thursday the 5th. the guy wasa suppose to pay me by wednes at noon, im a risk taker. i made all the reservation. Come wednesday no money i called the guy he stated he was having some issues, i explained i was going out of town and need to get it wraped up. i new if i was meant to go it would happen. 6 rolls around and he shows pays me my money and i.m ready. My wife takes me to the airport before she has to be to work. It 9 am my flight leaves at 11:00. My food intake did not change at all up until 7pm last night. the doc told me i just needed to come fasting. I got to San Diego my driver picked me up took me over the boarded to hospital. I went right into a room changed int a gown and waited for 2 hours. They brought the team of surgeons in to introduce me to me. Next thing i woke up banded. I had cottom mouth bad. No different that after a night of clubbing. The only problem i had through the night i could not raise the nurse, i needed a drink of Water, so i throught the glass against the wall glass went everywhere but i got my glass of water. come to find out she was a sleep in one of the empty rooms. the next morning i Jello and some brooth. walked downt the street arounf the hospital to see if there were any old lap band patience bodies in the alley ways i didnt find any. The took me to the hotel. I caught a cab over to all shops i walked about 2.5 miles. the gas pain was probablly he worse so far. i would not reccomend veturing out that far. i started to get really week at the end so i grabbed a cab and headed back. next morning got needed to get on shuttle at 11 to get accross the border. NOTE don't have a shuttle take you back accross (had heard of bad exp, i had a bad expr). Try to get individual

ride. got to air port hung out ther til 4 flew home to utah got in a 7 went home went to bed. it was a quick trip with out a lot of thought. the next week i only consumed Clear Liquids.

My first week with my band i lost 25 lbs. it will be the best thing i have ever done for myself.

:thumbup:

Hi scheduled for surgery on 18th Feb. My doctor has suggested a 5 day liquid diet.< /span>

Starting my third day, so far so good.

My average meal plan is:

Meal Item Qty Calories

Breakfast Optifast 54 gm 209

Lunch Optifast 54 gm 209

Tomato Soup 150

Snack Banana Milkshake 200ml 120

Dinner Optifast 54 gm 209

Tomato Soup 150

sugar free Jello 80

Excited about Wednesday! (I have to check into hospital the evening before)

Edited by sahney
Formating

Hi, today is 3 days post op! I feel much better. My advice to anyone getting banded later in the month would be to take it easy!!! I took alot of advice about walking a ton, and I was in complete agony for 2 days. My first day, I walked too much and cried all day the next due to the pain. I kept walking thinking that it would get better. It got worse! The next day I took it easy. I lounged in the recliner and barely moved. The R&R did so much good! Today I feel great aside from the gas in my shoulder and some minor pain around the port incision. I'm still lounging today and getting up and down at my own pace. Give your body a chance to heal and don't try to force your recovery.

my pre op testing was done on feb 11th, and im on the preop diet of all liquid Proteins now. see doctor again on 20th for weigh-in and surgery is sceduled for the 23rd. getting nervous, but ready to get healthier .

I'm scheduled for the 23rd as well! I hope you're doing well on whatever pre-op diet they have you on. (I have to drink 3 slim fasts a day and applesauce/yogurt/pudding.) Good luck!

I'm starting, for the first time, to get nervous. I had my first consultation on September, did all my pre-op testing in October/November and then had to find the money to pay a program fee. Finally, right after New Year's, I got to go to the last two appointments before they schedule surgery.

I've been excited the whole time, but now, it's just starting to get nerve racking. I'm not worried about possible side effects, I trust my surgeon.

I think I'm scared on what's on the other side. I'm 21 and I've been overweight since I was 12. I don't know what it's like to be thin. I've never experienced it. I think that's what I'm scared of. I don't know whose under all the fat. Anyone else feel that way?

Tomorrow's the big day!! Strangely I am not nervous. Perhaps because I went thru the dress rehearsal two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

I am praying my potassium is normal. If they cancel on me again, there may be a body count! LOL!

Good luck to all the Feb 16'ers!!

And congrats to all the newly banded!!!

Hugs,

Hi to all the girls I met at dr chris's belgium this weekend,feel a bit better now sat in bed wondering what the he'll I've done it's happened so quick for me rang last Monday deposit Tuesday bank wedensday operation fly Thursday PPP Friday all the best to you all jane

I am on for the 17th. Getting a bit nervous but hopeful.

I have not lost the full 20 lbs, only 13. They didn't say much about it at the pre-op so I am hoping they will still do surgery. Will they weight me the morning of to see if I lost the full 20? That is my biggest fear right now.