Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February '09 bandsters?

Hang in there Babe, it sucks but we have all done it over and over again and there will be more slips along the way.Just keep your eye on the long term goal. You will be just fine. Just get back on it today before it gets away from you. Good Luck

Hi Everyone!! I just got a call from my surgeons office and I am getting banded on the 19th!! :cursing: I go in for pre-op on the 3rd. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I started my pre-op diet today......I was not impressed with the Protein Shake. I am definitley going to have to be creative to get those things down!!

Congratulations Kristen! The shakes definitely take some getting used to, but eventually you'll be able to tolerate them.

As for me, I'm through beating myself up over yesterday's slip. Thanks everyone for your support. Years of overeating doesn't disappear overnight; I don't know why I thought that I was immune. These things happen, right?

I gave the rest of the lasagna to my mom, and i'm ready to start fresh today. Since it's snowing out, I'm going to climb the stairs in my apartment complex to help burn off all that cheese. I'm kind of glad this all happened, because I feel a bit re-energized this morning. I'm going to make my pre-op goals if only to prove to myself that I can do it!

Babe what a great attitude. Keep it up.

I did get out today before the weather turns bad tonight and walked a mile and a half. I know that is not much but for me and out of shape that was a lot. I'm just going to keep adding each day.

I understand about the shakes. Here is a link http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/200-protein-shake-recipes-49774/ that I found on here that has really made me look at shakes in a different view. Lots of ideas. A lot of them I can't do until after surgery as they are a little more carbs then I'm allowed right now. But there are some good ones.

I did purchase some sugar free Jello and pudding to put in to the vanilla to change up the flavor a little. Hope that helps.

Just think those of us that are on the 3rd will be done this time next week. 7 days and counting down.

Tam

Edited by exumtam
forgot the link... LOL

My surgeon's office just called and said I got insurance approval for the lap band. It will be done in February but date is not set yet. I'm sooooooooooo excited and happy. I thought this day would never come...

Thanks for the shake link :cursing: You are right, most of them can't be done until after but still, there are so many that I got some ideas about what I can do. Thanks again!

my date is 2/16. i start my diet this w/e. 2 liquid shakes and 1 meal a day. i am very nervous/excited. i always have these crazy thoughts like "what if i am one of those people that doesn't lose any weight" anyone else ever think like that? good luck to everyone. :cursing:

Hi. I just found this site from a friend. She had her surgery in Sept. '08. I'm having my surgery on Feb. 4th. I just had my last appt. before my surgery next week. I am excited about starting on this new journey yet nervous and a little scared at the same time.

I dont think i've posted here yet, but my date is the 12th! I start my pre-op diet on thursday (the 29th!) as each day come closer to surg. i get more and more nervous!

Luckly me and a girl from the pre-op class have been talking on here and she has surg the day i start my pre-op diet! She's going to hook me up with the blow-by-blow details!

Hi Everyone!! I just got a call from my surgeons office and I am getting banded on the 19th!! :tt1: I go in for pre-op on the 3rd. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I started my pre-op diet today......I was not impressed with the Protein Shake. I am definitley going to have to be creative to get those things down!!

My surgery date is on the 19th as well !! :cursing:

I am so excited . I tried my first Protein Drink today and threw up. lol

i still have that disgusting taste in my mouth and am wondering how im gonna get my Protein intake. sigh..

I bought the ones from costco that someone from support group recommended. They had told me they were good. They LIED !!! lol

what other ones can i try ?

my date is 2/16. i start my diet this w/e. 2 liquid shakes and 1 meal a day. i am very nervous/excited. i always have these crazy thoughts like "what if i am one of those people that doesn't lose any weight" anyone else ever think like that? good luck to everyone. :cursing:

Ive been thinking that constantly.

Ive been bouncing the thought back and forth constantly, wondering if maybe I should just go ahead with the full bypass instead. ??

I wonder if alot of ppl wrestle with the same thoughts?

Hi everyone. I'm excited to join this thread. If all goes well, I'll be banded on Monday Feb 16th! I have multiple comorbidities and most likely will be hospitalized a few days early and stay a few days after surgery. I've been working on this for almost a year now, jumping thru all the insurance requirements. I can hardly believe it's really going to happen!

Congratulations to all of us for getting this far.

KEEP THE FAITH!

Okay...first post. I have come to the Feb. '09 bandsters to read up on what I can. My surgery is 2-09-09. I started my diet yesterday, which, if I follow the instructions, basically consists of Atkins shakes and nothing else.

I have my psych on Friday, pre-op next week. I just finished reading the official lapband guide to surgery that my doctor gave me. I was not nervous before I read the guide, but now I am quite unsettled! I should not have read all the fine print...

Hi everyone!

Im Brandy And Im 18..alot is going on in my life.

My Birthday is feb. 1

My wedding is Feb. 14

Im getting banded on feb. 23

and then I countine cosmo school on Mar. 9th

Right now my life is crazy and i just need alot of support with this whole lap band thing because im really scard!!!!

Everyone who have been banded, waiting to be banded, and thinking about being banded, your very stong, brave, beautiful, and intellegent!

[[Always positive thinking for ME]]

Any pointers or advice anyone has please tell!!

Thank you!