Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on the 6th

So, I was banded yesterday. Everything went really well. I went home 7 hours after. I am in some pain, but mostly I just feel loopy so I stopped taking the drugs and am taking tylenol. The nurses called today and said that I am just dehydrated and I have no Protein in me. They said I will feel better tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone that is being banded today and in the future. I just wanted to check in. Let me know if you have any questions. I will try and log on again later.

Chrissy, I'm so glad to hear how you are doing. I was at the hosp. 9 hours but it's because I have a nausea problem. I was way too sick to go home when I should have. I am not nauseous at all today, but am in pain when I move or cough. I have 5 small incisions and one of them hurts the most. It must have been the master portal!

Anyway, I'm trying my chocolate shake for the first time. I put some baby food applesauce in there and some rum flavoring! I can't decide if it's great or gross!

I wish Godspeed on you who are going in soon and well wishes to you who are recovering.

Thank you for the well wishes. I am still pretty miserable. I am still nauseous and on medication for that. I have 4 incisions and the pain of the insicions is not what is bothering me. It is the face that I am SO tired all of the time. any one else??

Hey Ladies,

I was banded on the 6th too and am doing well now. Don't feel bad about the nausea, Chrissy. My surgery went like a text book my Doc said, but I always have a rough time with anathesia. I was so nauseous there was no way I could go home. Besides we were under flood warnings and I live an hour and a half away! SO, I stayed the night and I am so glad I did. I got sick once, which scared me. But, everything is okay. I had wonderful nurses who took such good care of me. After 3 bags of IV and 2 shots for the nausea, I woke up on the 7th able to drink my broth and ate 2 popsicles!

After getting home, I took a couple of my pain pills and was knocked out for a couple of hours and woke up feeling much better. The gas pain was pretty bad, but I've felt better today enough to walk and walk around the house which really is helping to get rid of it. I'm just glad nobody was behind me!:)

I hope you guys get to feeling better. I was able to remove all of my dressings and take a shower this morning, which really helped me feel more human!

Take care of yourselves and really drink the fluids. I notice that when I get a little queasy, it's because I haven't had enough to drink. I'm on Clear liquids only for the first 2 weeks - that's really gonna be tough. But, with the good Lord's help I can do it.

Talk to you soon! Blessings.

Well today I feel better. It was the first day I woke up naturally instead of to pain. I really like my liquid hydrocodone, it helped a lot when I needed it. I won't take it today though.

I am on a liquid diet -not clear-but runny. Every meal has to be liquified to pass through a straw. Besides the protien shakes I have been "eating" Soup and well cooked vegetables. I have not ever been hungry, but I've had a "meal" every 4 hours or so. My body is making those monster growls for some reason. I don't feel hungry or anything when it does. I don't know why that is happening.

Well, I would love to hear more from others who are recovering. I'm glad for the successful surgeries.

I just tried activa yogurt today and it is making a difference with those growls. It was too thick for me to eat out of the carton so I added some skim milk. It was the perfect consistency, tasted good and did what I wanted. Later I added 1/2 of one to my shake.

I was looking for juice called GOOD BELLY ( I heard on another thread about this.) I couldn't find it here in my little country store. I'll look again in Walmart. But I think the activa has the same properties as it has settled my growling stomache.

I went on my first outing today, to church. I thought I was going to die after putting on my panty hose! Please don't anyone try that- it hurts!:thumbdown:

I got tired at church from standing too long. I sat down and was fine the rest of the service. It feels good to get out of the house even for an hour. Tomorrow I wall try to walk around the block.

Thanks for recovering with me ladies! I appreciate all your insights and support.

Hello, I was banded on the 5th of January as well. Not exactly sure how to use this website. All I have to say is that liquid diet sucks!!:thumbdown: It wouldn't be that bad if I couldn't smell the delicious smells coming from the kitchen when my fiance cooks for him and the kids.What are some of the things that you eat for the liquid part? I go on Tuesday for my 1 week post op and pray I can go to Purees!! So far, it;s been fat free pudding, fat free yogart, broth, and lots of crytal light in Water bottles. I honestly feel like I have no restictions. I know I have lost something because I can see the bones in my toes now. GO ME!!!

gone in wed. for cons. hoping for people to tell me whats in store...beginning to the end...wondering what steps and how long it all takes....they had me call my insurance and they said as long as it was dr. approved it would pay....CURIOUS

Hello, I was banded on the 5th of January as well. Not exactly sure how to use this website. All I have to say is that liquid diet sucks!!:cursing: It wouldn't be that bad if I couldn't smell the delicious smells coming from the kitchen when my fiance cooks for him and the kids.What are some of the things that you eat for the liquid part? I go on Tuesday for my 1 week post op and pray I can go to Purees!! So far, it;s been fat free pudding, fat free yogart, broth, and lots of crytal light in Water bottles. I honestly feel like I have no restictions. I know I have lost something because I can see the bones in my toes now. GO ME!!!

I definitely agree with you about the liquid diet. I am on day 6 of 14! My doc has set this schedule up for me:

Week 1 & 2: Clear liquids only- tea, sugar free Jello, broth, juice

Week 3: true liquid diet - Protein shakes, fat free puddings, yogurts, cream -based Soups (strained!)

Week 4 & 5: puree foods

Week 6: Begin eating real food - trial and error - rule of thumb - stopand sip!

I am so looking forward to being through these first 2 weeks. I just drink lots and lots of what I can. I haven't been getting light headed or anything yet.

Good luck!

Edited by wtbgone

I definitely agree with you about the liquid diet. I am on day 6 of 14! My doc has set this schedule up for me:

Week 1 & 2: Clear Liquids only- tea, sugar free Jello, broth, juice

Week 3: true liquid diet - Protein shakes, fat free puddings, yogurts, cream -based Soups (strained!)

Week 4 & 5: puree foods

Week 6: Begin eating real food - trial and error - rule of thumb - stopand sip!

I am so looking forward to being through these first 2 weeks. I just drink lots and lots of what I can. I haven't been getting light headed or anything yet.

Good luck!

Mines a little different Sandy, I have

2 weeks of liquid- shakes, soups and veggies but they need to be liquid.

Then 2 weeks pureed. Again shakes or veggies, Soup and mashed potatoes

-need to be pureed

Then at 4 weeks post op introduce all foods, but start slowly with soft ones.

It hasn't been hard so far, but the shakes are getting boring!

Lena- you get to eat real food? It's not fair!

I am dying here guys!! I honestly had no idea what hunger felt like until now. I have day 3-14 on full liquids (cream Soups and such). I can not wait until soft foods!! tuna fish and eggs have never sounded so good to me before. To top it all off I already did not have my Protein Shake today or yesterday. I just can't do it! I tried to drink it today and almost vomited. It is not that it tastes bad it is just that I am so in need of REAL food. Any one else having problems with their shakes? I bought the Unjury chocolate one and when I tried it weeks ago I thought it was tolerale now I am just so sick of any and all liquids.

It is 11:45 here and all i want to do is sleep but I can not do so with an empty tummy.

Sorry to vent it has just been a stressful day and my husband is going back to work tomorrow and leaving me with 2 little ones and an empty tummy. :lol:

I am dying here guys!! I honestly had no idea what hunger felt like until now. I have day 3-14 on full liquids (cream Soups and such). I can not wait until soft foods!! tuna fish and eggs have never sounded so good to me before. To top it all off I already did not have my Protein shake today or yesterday. I just can't do it! I tried to drink it today and almost vomited. It is not that it tastes bad it is just that I am so in need of REAL food. Any one else having problems with their shakes? I bought the unjury chocolate one and when I tried it weeks ago I thought it was tolerale now I am just so sick of any and all liquids.

It is 11:45 here and all i want to do is sleep but I can not do so with an empty tummy.

Sorry to vent it has just been a stressful day and my husband is going back to work tomorrow and leaving me with 2 little ones and an empty tummy. :lol:

Crissy, I don't want you to break your clear liquid diet but you could try what I have been doing. Put a can of Soup in the blender, With noodles and all and liquefy it. Drink it slowly...for me after 1/2 a can I am full!

Good luck honey.

Thanks for the idea, but I really want to do this 100% by my doctors orders. I just wish I didn't have to do the Protein Shake. My poor husband has been listening to me cry and moan about being hungry for days. It is too funny, I sit with him and tell him all the things I wish I was eating. He then gives me this awful look like I am seriously going to puree mac and cheese.

I know we will all get through this but this is going to be one heck of a roller coaster ride!