Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beth,thank you for your reply.i am going to call and push the issue,why not? I hate all this waiting in between.i am not the kind that sits back either ,but i thought that was just how it was.I think i am going to start putting my meat in a chopper,too mant accidents happen with me,swallowing too much i

Thats what I have to do, and I eat with a baby fork or spoon, thats seems to keep me from eating too big of a bite. Good luck!

Hey Lisa/Beth - To answer your question about getting full or just making myself stop, really for the most part I have made myself stop. Occasionally I do get the full feeling. That's why I know I need another fill & who knows how many to get the restriction. Right now I am more concerned about getting the stomach bug. It has been all around me. I've heard some people on here say you may need to go to the ER and def. call your doc to schedule an unfill. Haven't eaten at all today for fear that I may catch it and if I do, I won't have anything much to come up. I know, gross, huh?

Just popping by to check in with the other December Bandsters!

I do have a question. I still haven't had a fill yet. Anybody else? I go back to the doctor in a little over 2 weeks (3/31), so I guess we'll see what he says.

I feel like I'm doing okay. I don't get too hungry and I'm keeping my calories between 700-800 a day.

I do have some trouble getting all my Protein in (50-60g daily) and some days I have to eat a Protein Bar to boost it up. Any tips on this?

your doctor thinks you are doing wonderful without a fill! I know you are.Some people dont need one .Just the band being on is enough.LIke me i have had 2 fills and need another i have only lost 16 lbs since Dec 16 08 ! that is not alot Lisa Lap 63

16 pounds gone is sooo much better than 16 gained, or even staying the same!

I've followed everything to a T and in the process I've learned alot about myself. I don't think it's so much what I was eating or how much I was eating as it was WHEN I was eating.

I eat out of boredom, frustration, and stress. Since being banded, I have totally cut it out, but it has been HARD!!!

This entire journey has been a learning experience for me. I'm no where near being finished, but I do feel a little wiser!

Muddbug22,Thank you for the encouragement! i have learned that i still eat way to fast.I have to stop that.I also know that this lap band was the best thing i have ever done for myself.I feel more confident and happy,knowing i am getting help for something i have never in my life had control over Lisa lap63

I too still find myself eating too fast - have had something stuck 3 times now. The worst is eating out; I am talking to someone & forger the chewing. I had gone for 2 weeks without losing anything, had another fill and have lost 4 more lbs. Also, since the weather is nice I am walking outside for longer than I was walking on the treadmill. I am scheduled for another appt (hoping for a fill) in a month. Do not believe I have hit the "restriction" or sweet spot; I can eat more than a saucer.

Pre Surgery: 263

Surgery Date (Dec. 17, 2008): 241

Current: 203

Goal: 140

Cordovachick,I too can eat way more than a little bit.I had my surgery a day before you and have only lost 18.You are doing great! i hope when i go in two weeks i will get another fill too1 It excites me to get a fill.As SICK as that may sound.i want to eat a little bit and be way too stuffed I would like that.This lap band is a dream come true though.I have never felt this feeling of ..i guess you could call it peace.Lisa lap 63

Hi December Babies!

I was banded on 12-15-08. I have lost 32lbs. so far and have had my ups and downs with fills. I just had my 3rd fill 3-31-09. I did have a bit of a bump when I had a "too muc fill". It really played with my emotions because I could not get anything down for about 2 weeks. It is real strange to be so hungry and not be able to do the basic act of feeding myself. Any advice on how to get back on track and eat the way I should and I know I could?

Patti W - have you considered going to your doc & getting an unfill? If you haven't been able to get anything down for 2 weeks I would check w/them at least. I haven't had that problem, but have read where lots of people have to go to have some taken out. You need to be eating something besides liquid to get your Protein in. Take care!

Yeah! What is up with the sugar cravings??? I have never been a sweet eater- I like salty, greasy stuff like chips and fries! Now I want candy, Cookies, ice cream... you name it! What's up with that???

I was banded December 30th and I have lost 40 lbs- gained back 4, lost 3... I have very little restriction after 2 fills and my doc puts the band in empty. I am hungry all the time, just like I was never banded. My first fill was 4cc's and my next one was only 1 cc! My doc just does 1 cc at a time and says it can take 6 months to get any restriction! I wish someone had told me that before the surgery- I probably would have chosen gastric bypass!

Anyone who has been through this and has encouraging words, please help! I'm so frustrated!!!!:wink:

Lately, I've had this God awful sweet tooth. I could have like a burito for the entire day and the rest SUGAR: chocolate, cookies, etc. I have to admit that I have satisfied my sweet tooth on occasion, but I'm not sure where it came from. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi everybody I was banded on 12/4/08 and only lost 25lbs gained inbetween. I went through the sweet tooth last month and it was awful! But I only had one fill 2nd one in March. It is a SLOWWWW process! But I know it will pay off in the end.

I was banded on Dec 18th and have been having a sweet AND salty tooth. I eat chips and sweets (Ice cream is my sweet of choice this week). I buy the sugar free and baked items so it isn't as bad, but I can't wait for the hunger and cravings to go away. I have had two fills (3.5 in a 10cc band) and go back May 5th for my next one(can't wait).

It is a slow process, but I am sticking it out. I have read from the boards that the band does work, it just takes a while and several fills.