Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Reporting in!

Congrats on everyone who's been banded so far. You are all reassuring me and making me feel a little easier. I get banded tomorrow. My only real worry right now is that my husband has to work a 12 hour shift the day I am released. I'll be in the care of my grandmother and her sister. I think I"m ready for the aches and pains of surgery since I just had my gallbladder removed this summer (by the same doctor). I think I'm all set.

Fair Winds and Following Seas today, Jen414. My DH had school the day got out, so my roomie took me home. Perhaps that was a good thing. DH would have fussed and made me go to bed. I was happily ensconced in my recliner with my embroidery and a DVD instead. Much better than boredom in a bed, IMHO.

Lena

Well here is my report after seeing my doctor follow up appointment. I get to move on to week number 2 foods. Oh My! pudding and cream soaps. I just made some banana cream pudding add a scoop of vanilla Protein and oh I am in heaven......And here is some good news he told me. I am now down 18 lbs. So I will be changing my tracker very soon. Just thought you all would like to hear some good news today. I go back in 5 weeks for my first fill which is on my birthday also. This is the nices christmas present I have given to myself. I am so happy right now.

Well here is my report after seeing my doctor follow up appointment. I get to move on to week number 2 foods. Oh My! pudding and cream soaps. I just made some banana cream pudding add a scoop of vanilla Protein and oh I am in heaven......And here is some good news he told me. I am now down 18 lbs. So I will be changing my tracker very soon. Just thought you all would like to hear some good news today. I go back in 5 weeks for my first fill which is on my birthday also. This is the nices christmas present I have given to myself. I am so happy right now.

I'm very happy for you, Peanutband!

Lena

Hey everyone!

I had my surgery this morning at 8am, and I was home by noon:rolleyes:

I am so thrilled I did this, and I have NO regrets.

Now I'm just looking forward to healing and then taking better care of myself once I can eat solid foods.

I do have a quick question though. If you have shoulder and gas pain, would you wake up from it immediately post op? Or am I likely to have it tomorrow or something? I know you all aren't doctors, I'm just wanting to know other peoples experiences. Because if I feel as good as I do now, my recovery will be ALOT better than I was thinking!!!

Hey everyone!

Now I'm just looking forward to healing and then taking better care of myself once I can eat solid foods.

I do have a quick question though. If you have shoulder and gas pain, would you wake up from it immediately post op? Or am I likely to have it tomorrow or something? I know you all aren't doctors, I'm just wanting to know other peoples experiences. Because if I feel as good as I do now, my recovery will be ALOT better than I was thinking!!!

Hey Maggifer, I am so glad you made it.:sneaky: The pain in the shoulder for me did not come until the second or third day. But keep in mind not everyone has this pain. Everyday I got better, now that I am 7 days out, my engery level is why up for me to be able to clean my living room. Again CONGRATS!:thumbup:

Hey everyone!

Not sure about this surgery but they used the gas when I had my tubes tied. The pain/ache started the next day and was worse on the third day. I used a heating pad and rested. It didn't last too long.

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Please keep us posted about your progress.

Everyone's weight loss is soooooooo encouraging. Thank you for sharing your progress and your successes.

IM suppose to have surgery on Jan 16th and today,,,,jan 14th my financing may be falling apart,,,,,I do want to be banded,,,,,,,I really do

Oh dear! I'm sorry, hon. Good luck!

Lena

Just checking in after yesterday's surgery. My surgeon gave me a last minute decision...did I want to do the LapBand or the Realize Band. I ended up getting the realize band. He said that one didn't have as many puncture issues. My insurance only covers 80% and I don't look forward to having to fix a port at some point. I ended up being my doctor's 8th Realize and first person to use the brand new Bariatric operating room.

Other than that I've been taking it easy. I was nauseous last night but I'm doing well so far today.

I was banded on the 9th. I had shoulder pain 3 days after and it's finally subsiding. I also had an allergy to the tape around my dressings and the itching from that is worse than the shoulder pain in my opinion. I met with my surgeon today and told me to use benadryl for the allergy. I lost 6 pounds after surgery. I am very surprised that I did because of all the fluids I got through the IV and the prednisone they gave me right before surgery.

I spent the night in ICU so they could monitor my breathing. This was due to my asthma and sleep apnea. My port is in different area than I thought it would be. I forgot to ask why but I think it may be due to my recent umbilical hernia repair. I remember the surgeon saying they would work around it. The port is above the belly button and is so sore at times.

Today I had a bought with nausea and I did not eat or drink all day. The surgeon gave me medicine which I took tonight and I was able to eat pureed Soup. Then some Water an hour later without feeling nauseous.

I am so glad to get the go ahead to drive. It's way too cold here to walk outside and I want to go to the gym and now I can :wink: I can only walk though but that's okay. The vain side of me also wants my hair done so I have an appointment this coming Monday. Plus my front tooth was broken during hernia repair surgery and I have an appointment on the 23rd to get that fixed. I bit down on a scope they were taking it out while I was still under. Funny when I saw some of the staff that helped me out with my hernia surgery they remembered me because of what happened to my tooth.

Oh dear! I'm sorry, hon. Good luck!

Lena

I am back on track, and surgery is tomorrow....I will be reporting in ASAp. I am ready, and thank all for the support you have given to this point. Blessins to you all!

Some Cream Soap,,,,,,,,,I havent found that on my diet chart,,,but im looking,,,,,,

Bless you sweetie