Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery yesterday... The muscles in my legs or something that feels like sore muscles is kind of bothering me. Its like on the inside of my legs on both sides in the groin area. I keep walking and moving around in bed...I do have more soreness in the back of my leg just above my knee. I don't feel all of them unless I'm moving my legs. Like sore from having a workout or something. I'm kinda paranoid about blood clots tho. Has anyone experienced this? Am I just freaking a little for nothing?

Hi ,I haven't been banded yet waiting on my date in January,but I think you should call your doctor .Better safe than sorry I have read alot here and just make sure it's not a blood clot or anything that could be serious. I don't mean to frighten you or anything ,but please make the call you've come so far already no sense in not being safe . Please let us know how you are and Congrats to you on getting banded .What a GREAT!!! way to start the New Year:thumbup:

I wonder if the gas can go to your legs. I just woke up again and when I move those legs to the inside of my body its just pain... Not bad pain... Just moderate kinda like I was doing crunches using something to squeeze my legs together and its just sore from after the workout. That's the best way I can describe it...

I really don't know if you can (gas in legs) ,but then again I'm not a doctor ,but please call your doctor today if he is not in leave a message with the call back service or go to the ER please I don't know you ,but I still worry ,because I know if this was me I would not wait . Best of luck and let me know what you decide to do .:Yawn:

I think its just muscle pain... I was sitting up a lot yesterday and walking a lot so I just think its sore muscles. Only pain I really have now is my port area. I feel better today... I slept pretty ok last night... Ill sleep a few hours and wake up and take a few sips off my pain med bottle.

Hopefully by tomorrow the pain is very minimal...

I'm so glad to hear that you feel better ,get plenty of fluids and keep walking as must as possible without discomfort.That way you don't get gas pains .I heard there is alot of pain near the port,just try and go at it slowly . I just laid down for a nap ,but no luck I'm so worried about the surgery (STRESS), I keep trying to see myself thinner and I'm having such a hard time trying to image that . I guess being so big for most of my life as made me leary of myself if that makes sense. I know I worry about what people say and think of me .I guess I am vain ,shallow or what ever it is .I've wanted this for so long and now that the time is here I'm just scared of change:sad: . I just don't make sense to myself OH WELL ,.enough about me , keep in touch and let me know how you are doing on a daily bases. Talk with you soon .

I suspect your pain is where your thighs rested on the stirrups. Yes, stirrups!!

The surgery is usually done in a 'modified lithotomy position'... which means your legs are up in stirrups... with the surgeon operating from between your legs.

I was happy not to have formed this mental picture before my surgery! Thank goodness for the drapes.

Quote from description of surgery, with translations in parentheses from me:

"The patient lies supine (on back), thighs fully abducted (apart) and slightly bent. The operating table has a 30º reversed Trendelenburg (head down) tilt. The surgeon stands between the patient's legs, the first assistant on the patient's left side and the second assistant on the right."

LAP-BAND: Surgery Technique

Yeah I have gas pain but its not bad. I'm up and around today... Even the port area is better. I'm still taking my pain meds though. I drove earlier with my mom about 140 miles and was fine. Now I'm just sitting on the couch with my family watching football.

Good luck with ur surgery... Ill be honest I was scared until today.. I'm still kinda worried about my leg pain but the doc said he didn't think it was surgery related. But if it gets worse... To go to the er.

Wow I just read what u posted... I'm posting from my blackberry and didn't see it earlier. I had to go under twice so I guess that is why my legs are so sore. I had no idea they performed the surgery that way. Anyway..I'm off to bed... I have been very active today... I think a little too active... Talk to yall later. Thanks for posting that!

I wonder if the gas that is still in your belly is affecting your sciatic nerve? (sp) That is exactly the pain I felt with my second pregnancy and it was awful. Just turning over in bed would wake me up because it hurt.

You may be right because before I had surgery if I laid on my back for a little bit of time I felt a numbing feeling in my back and my right leg would go to sleep. Its really not that bad when I move and when I walk I don't eve feel it. It just feels like I did some crunches with my legs. It was either the surgery the position I was or maybe that nerve like you said. I have ruled out its not a blood clot lol. I was so worried about that... I'm too active for those tho.

Ill let u know how it is for me tomorrow.

I had some swanson beef broth earlier and I must so it was so freakin good! All I have had since surgery is Water, tea, and these zero calorie flavored Vitamin waters I get from walgreens. So, that broth was the bomb! I had almost a coffee cup full... Now I'm off to bed. Goodnight