Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is my band too tight?

Ok, so.... i know i havent posted on here in a while... but i do have a very important question, but first i should explain my rare situation.

i was banded over SIX MONTHS ago, however, it took until my last month, when i had to get an xray because i didnt have ANY restriction at all. Up until the xray, i was able to eat anything, and fast as well.

so my doctor said hes not sure why i havent had restrtiction, he said his best guest was i needed more than the average person (everyones diffrent)

so according to my doctor, i have 4.25cc in 4cc band!!:confused_smile:

when i did the xray he put in 4cc, and i had felt comfortable with that restriction, but he insisted i go to a 4.25.... so i did...

and now my band is hella tight! i can sometimes barely get down Water, and im only eating maybe ONE meal a day. sometimes Soups dont even get down or water... and now im starting to get nervous because i'm throwing up alot, almost 3x a day when ever i try to eat.

so... could someone please give their advice?? i'm at the point where im going to call my doctor and tell him i need an unfil... Do you think maybe i should wait until my next fill and give it some more time...??

yes im loosing weight faster, but i KNOW its not worth me risking band slippage...

but thank you for reading my post!! you guys are GREAT and helpful!!:thumbup:

I would Def call ur doctor!! Ur way too tight...I was told if ur losing more than 2lbs a week and throwing up ur too tight...get a slight unfill maybe ull feel better...u need to be able to get Water down so u dont dehydrate and also Protein for energy....May i ask how much u weighed when u got lapband?? i weighed 271 and have a 10cc band...ive had 2 fills so far i think im at 3 or 4cc..food does get stuck but not all the time and liquids dont hurt at all...the only time i get stuck is when i eat too quick (which im still learning to control)...call ur doctor dont wait...good luck

I had to have an unfill when I got to 2.7 in a 4cc band. like you I threw up everything. some days Water was even difficult to keep down. Please call your Dr. for an unfill. Good luck!

YES YES YES. Call your doc for an unfill. in my VG band which holds 10 cc's, even .3 ccs made a HUGE difference. my friend who has the 4 cc band says .1 cc makes a major difference to her. It doesn't take much.

DO NOT suffer through this. it will only get worse. I tried to suffer through my tightness in hopes some weight loss would help it loosen but my stomach just got more and more inflamed from being so tight. CALL TODAY!!

And in the mean time, try HOT liquids like hot teas.. Those helped me stay loose enough that I could at least swallow those! And with me, cold liquids have the opposite effect, so HOT is your friend!

You're right. You're too tight and you need to have an unfill asap. The band being that tight could definetly slip... especcially if you're throwing up.

Wow talking about going to the polar opposite. It must be really frustrating for you and uncomfortable. Call your doctor and get a slight unfill. You should not be throwing up and you definitely need to be able to drink fluids.

I am sorry to hear this is happening to you. Take care.

Something similar happened to me recently. I was FINALLY there with this last fill but since Thanksgiving was just 2 days after the fill I started to swell tighter & had trouble swallowing Water. I wasn't throwing up at all but the doctor on call took out everything. So I was left with no restriction at all & am having to start all over again. I am so frustrated I could scream. I had my surgery approx. 6 mos ago too & have only lost 20 lbs. This fill would have been perfect if I hadn't stressed over the holiday but it's better to be safe than really sorry with a slip.

I would get a slight unfill asap b/4 something more serious happens.

Good Luck & hopefully you won't have to start all over like me!

Everyone is right . . . you need an unfill and you shouldn't wait to get one. Things should be easier for you going forward because now you know you need to be somewhere between 4 and 4.25 to find your sweet spot.

Whenever Water can come back up that is always a sign that you are much too tight and need unfilled right away.

After your unfill and when you are closer to your sweet spot, you may have to to "relearn" the bandster rules of eating slowly and chewing well to prevent pb'ing.

thank you everyone who responded back to my question!!!

today i went for an unfil...

he said he took out .15, so now im at a 4.1 in a 4cc band....

so far its soo much better!! :shades_smile:

thanks again everyone!

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Like Cheryl 1952 I also am concerned why your Dr would over fill your band. My Dr. said he would never take mine all the way to 4cc let alone over. I hope you are doing well take care of yourself. Remember this is a long haul not a sprint.

Thanks I did not know that.