Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Hello neighbors. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fill doctor in the Orange County area. I have already spoken with Dr. Oliak who would be willing to do my fills, however, I want to explore all of my options. I was banded in Mexico and I really don't wan't to go back across the border for maintenance. I would even consider fill Dr.'s in Riverside or LA County. I am anxious to get my first fill, in that I have only lost 4 pounds after the liquid stage!!!! I am on week three, but I am trying to plan ahead. Anyway, hope you can help... and if anyone has had experience with Dr. Oliak I would be curious to see if you were happy. Thanks!

no one in Riverside I am afraid and I have never heard of Dr Oliak

Hi Blu

Are you the same Blu that use to live in Arizona or New Mex? If so, welcome to California.

Who did your TT? I'd love to see some before and after TT pics.

Nope...I have been here in Cali for most of my life. Dr. Vartivarian in West Hills did my TT. He did a FABULOUS job and took off over 3 lbs of skin! I have a flat tummy now! My new belly button still looks kinda funny, but I may just get a tattoo to cover any remaining scars. I would love to put some pics up...maybe soon.

Wyld Blu

Team Leader

Passion Parties

WWW.WyldPassion.com

(661)435-5200

:) Hey, I am doing great first day post op. I know the real work lies ahead and you have to be strong and determined !!!

My starting wt is 244. I am an RN in Chico, Ca.

It would be fun to get together with other Cali banders !!!

Kathy

Hello, we are almost..(not really neighbors). I live in Yorba Linda. I was banded on February 3rd by Dr. Huacuz. So I was wondering, if you have been happy with your decision so far. Any complications, discomfort??? Have you had a fill? Are you losing? Did you lose prior to getting a fill??? As you can see I have lots and lots of questions. I am still in the liquid stage of the diet, which has been REALLY hard!!! My husband took my stitches out for me last night, so I am still a little sore, but overall eveything is going fairly well. Are you returning to Dr. Kuri for your fills?? There is a doctor in the Chapman Medical Center in Orange that will do your fills, it is $350 for the initial visit and $125 per fill. Anyway, hope you are well on your way to the new you!! Keep in touch. Michele from Yorba Linda

Hi- My first time posting---from Vista - San Diego, California, I go to TJ to Dr. Kuri and his awesome team - good to find a support group forming...I have 38 pounds released since 10/8/05 banding and a bunch to go. So, far...just little bumps in the road; its mostly all good. :confused: Patty

Hi, Patty! I'm in Chula Vista. If you're looking for additional support there's a group of bandsters @ yahoogroups.com (sandiegobandsters) that get together 1 Sunday per month at Mimi's Cafe in Mission Valley. I've only gone 1x (Dec). It's been kind of difficult to keep in touch with them because the group has kind of slowed down on the postings - just 1 or 2 per month - so I don't go into the forum enough. Just when I think, "Oh it's probably getting to be time for the next meeting" I go and look and they will have just had one. Oh, well, maybe next month. I think their last meeting was Sunday, Feb. 12th (If that was a Sunday).

Good luck to you and we're glad you're here!

Hi Patty bear,

I am living in Oceanside...banded in Ausgust by Dr. Ortiz...we should have a North county group meet if there are enough of us....any more out there?

Just thought I'd say hello here from around Lodi! I was banded by Dr. John Feng on 2/2/06 and am doing well so far...a bit hungry though!

Kelli

SF Bay Area here, I live just south of San Francisco and that's where I had my surgery.

Yay to see some signs of life on the California board!!

Looks like just Vera and me from up North!

I am originally from San Leandro (oakland) and had my surgery with Dr. Cirangle too...small world! now I live in Lodi ..*sighs* but it was kinda exciting seeing you on here...mabye we can compare notes sometime!!:biggrin1: