Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Art work and their artists

I know we have many creative people here, and I thought it would be fun to start a thread to disply some of our art. I also want to encourage everyone to express their creative side.

I've been teaching myself to draw using the Mark Kistler's drawing in 3-D books for kids, and I'm THRILLED with my results. I've been working with his books since December. Honestly, if I do this, you can too!

This is the canvas I did over the 4th of July weekend

post-204261-13813131961095_thumb.jpg

Great thread. Here is my artwork. Well only three samples of some of my artwork.

post-204009-13813131961529_thumb.jpg

Well, for the last few years my garden has been my pallet. Here's a pic of my backyard last spring...

(P.S. I built the arbor swing out of leftover lumber and there is a 3x5 wormbed underneath it.) Many of the plants are either butterfly host or nectar plants so I get a TON of butterflies this time of year.

Living art!

post-204673-13813132003637_thumb.jpg

Are you talking actual Worms you can see when you sit??

Anyway you are all so talented:)

Welding caps??? Are those little hats you wear on your head?

Yes Bubbame, real worms. You can't see them when you're sitting on the swing tho because they are directly underneath with a piece of carpet on top to keep them moist. (For those of you unfamiliar w/ organic gardening worm castings [ie: worm poo] are an incredible fertilizer and natural pestacide.

Can anyone guess how I got the little raised fake fountain area so perfectly round?

So here's the frontyard last...March, I think it was. It actually was far from it's peak but I took this pic to send to a friend who had moved to Boston just to remind her what she was missing back in CA. I know...mean. wink.gif

post-204673-13813132004363_thumb.jpg

My guess is that you used a children's plastic pool. That or you used a stake with string to make a giant compas.

I love my worm bins. I need to move them to a different part of the yard before I got back to ID.

Of course they count Lisa!

Wow you are all so talented!! Janie I love the mural of the bedroom with the propellers coming out of the wall. Great idea.

My talent, if you call it that, is scrapbooking and woodworking.

My guess is that you used a children's plastic pool.

Yep, you got it--a $10 K-mart pool. I cut big holes in the bottom for the roots. Works great!

Lisa--let's see pictures of your purses!

And...uh, welding caps (still trying to figure out what those are).

A local charity asked me for a donation so kids in the hospital would have gifts for their mom's on Mother's Day. I'm such a sucker that I handed over my entire inventory while bawling my eyes out thinking of those poor kids. The rest of my bags are in a local dress shop, so the only ones I had to take pics of are the two I use (one for going out & the other bag goes over my shoulder when I ride my motorcycle.)

My husband welds, and he's the one that begged me to make custom welding caps. Since then I've made hundreds of caps and bags but I have a really hard time accepting money from friends, which is why I have orders backed up for miles.

Meanwhile, I'm starting my own side business. I'm not going to say much, but I'm meeting my mentor this Saturday and handing over a little investment. No, it's not selling my own things, but I will have sexy PLUS SIZE items in my inventory.

post-203981-13813132004932_thumb.jpg