Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and hardly able to eat...help!

sheesh.. what's going on here that needs the self righteous flameathon?

You want to see self-righteous flameathons? A certain poster here berated other, more experienced bandsters for doing an end-of-year "jump start," calling what they were doing dieting and being rather condescending about the fact that they have fallen off the bandwagon when this person themself had to make a run for the border and go against doc's orders just days after surgery. There's a whole story here you are apparently not in on. I just happened to catch the self-righteous hypocrisy, as did others -- that's all. Nothing to see here.

Oh come on. Big deal. I saw that post they made. I can see how it might put someone on the defensive but maybe it was an honest question. Some people hear the word diet and after many years their backs are automatically up. It can be a trigger for people.

But 12 posts berating and being snarky and bashing someone for a run to the border seems a little over the top. Even if the person is a troll there are 100 others who may have screwed up their diet on here probably feeling pretty crummy after reading the flamefest of disdain.

Even if the person is a troll there are 100 others who may have screwed up their diet on here probably feeling pretty crummy after reading the flamefest of disdain.

and hopefully they wont "screw up" (your words, not mine) again. i just dont understand how someone can have a life changing surgery and then not follow doctor's orders. it completely baffles me.

if the 'flamefest of distain' made someone think twice about going against their post op diet, then so be it. maybe THEY wont potentially screw up their pouch/band.

just dont understand how someone can have a life changing surgery and then not follow doctor's orders. it completely baffles me.

And I'm sure that you've followed your doctors orders 100 percent from day 1.

I haven't disregarded my doctor but I'm only a few weeks out. I PLAN on following what he says exactly. However, I am human and I expect I will slip at some point. Hopefully not facefirst into a bag of chips but I was HOPING this site was a place to go to for support (not to excuse my behavior but gently adjust) not get whacked over the head with a mallet like your group seems to be doing because someone posted asking a dumb question in your thread.

My original point is.. one post saying "step away from the taco bell. are you nuts?" is fine. TEN+ posts ranting is called "flaming" and I don't think it should be here. Guess that's just me so carry on.

post op diet followed to.the.letter... yup. and I didn't even know WHY... I just did it cause my doc said to... if I'd have known why, I probably would have extended the stages longer..

good luck to you.

Oh come on. Big deal. I saw that post they made. I can see how it might put someone on the defensive but maybe it was an honest question. Some people hear the word diet and after many years their backs are automatically up. It can be a trigger for people.

But 12 posts berating and being snarky and bashing someone for a run to the border seems a little over the top. Even if the person is a troll there are 100 others who may have screwed up their diet on here probably feeling pretty crummy after reading the flamefest of disdain.

It's the ones who look for acceptance after doing something stupid that is the issue.

Okay, I'll play:

That's GREAT that you can have a Meximelt four days after surgery and that your stoma is so swollen and distended that it takes two hours to eat it -- and you DID it! It's a shame the doctors don't know what they're talking about because you can easily wash down Meximelts, chicken fried steaks, and Whoppers with big, yummy milkshakes as well. And top it off with a Death by chocolate dessert.

I'm sure that everything is fine and everybody should do it. I'm very proud of the tenacity it took to attack that Meximelt head on and show it who's boss. Now let's go get us a thick crust double meatsa pizza and make friends.

Better? :party:

post op diet followed to.the.letter... yup. and I didn't even know WHY... I just did it cause my doc said to... if I'd have known why, I probably would have extended the stages longer..

good luck to you.

Exactly.

If somebody can't make it four days, maybe they should have been more committed to this and/or been honest in their psych eval or gotten therapy first.

But hey, what do I know? I'm supposed to be on the AWWW Bandwagon.

I myself was banded on 12/22/08 and i fill great. All the soreness is gone and i have been eating mushey foods. I;m still having under 800 Calories a day however i feel i can go on to reg foods. Did anyone else fill this way in such a short time after being banded?
Banded on 12/24, feel wonderful. had trouble getting enough cal but I am doing better. Don't think I am ready for regular food yet. So I am going to follow instructions to the letter. I paid to much for the surgery to mess with the rules. Hope we can keep in touch.

Banded on 12/24, feel wonderful. had trouble getting enough cal but I am doing better. Don't think I am ready for regular food yet. So I am going to follow instructions to the letter. I paid to much for the surgery to mess with the rules. Hope we can keep in touch.

I hope you start to feel better. I myself went back to work on 12/29/08 and so far i'm doing great. I have lost a total of 25lbs since i got banded on 12/22/08. I feel like i never had the procedure done all the pains are gone and my stomach is grouling for regular food. I will talk to my DR. to see if can start eating some meats

Thanks

Albert

Thats cool!

Congratulations on getting banded and losing so much in the first week! It is encouraging to hear the weight does come off if the program is followed. My new surgery date is scheduled for April 8, 2009. I cannot wait!!

Keep up the good work!

E

I'm 10 days out from surgery. My belly is a bit tender but all is going well. As many have said healing is the big thing right now. Getting your Vitamins, nutrients and Protein play a big roll in your healing. When I was on liquids only I did cheat (kinda) I chewed 1 corn chip till it was mush then fed that mush to my dog, did the same with a small piece of pork roast. Flavor and something to chew was the only thing I was craving. Once I did that (and my dogs loved it) back to my liquids I went.

Surgery during the holidays is no walk in the park, but staying focused and calling your doc with concerns or questions is a very good idea.

I'm 10 days out from surgery. My belly is a bit tender but all is going well. As many have said healing is the big thing right now. Getting your Vitamins, nutrients and Protein play a big roll in your healing. When I was on liquids only I did cheat (kinda) I chewed 1 corn chip till it was mush then fed that mush to my dog, did the same with a small piece of pork roast. Flavor and something to chew was the only thing I was craving. Once I did that (and my dogs loved it) back to my liquids I went.

Surgery during the holidays is no walk in the park, but staying focused and calling your doc with concerns or questions is a very good idea.

We are at the same place. I went back to work yesterday and did ok until about 3:30 and then I began to fade. I am taking it easy today and have an appointment with my Dr. Monday. I hope he will let me go back to Curves. I have been walking everyday but I want to start a little more activity. How are you doing on your exercise?

Hi,

I was just banded on New Year's Eve so I'm only 3 days out and in pain even with pain medication. I take a tiny sip of Water (or anything) and it hurts trying to get through my stomach. I had to be readmitted to the hospital New Year's Day where they got me out of pain and pumped me full of liquids. The Doctor finally showed up the next morning and took the fill out of my band. That was news to me, that they put them in with some fill already in it. Anyway, it helped at that moment but after a few hours at home I was still having pain when sipping water. The pain is not as severe as it was when I went back to the hospital but it is certainly painful enough that I don't want to sip anything and I don't think this is how it is supposed to be. Can anyone give me some insight? I've already been through the no straw, only Clear Liquids, very small sips.......and trust me I haven't wavered. I am regretting this procedure already! Help.

Weezy

That's normal. I was like this post op for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and then the hunger came in like a flood. Fortunately my Dr. wanted me to have my first fill right at 4 weeks post op. You'll be fine. Congrats on your surgery and be sure to get some exercise in. It's a new day!