Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I was camping and didn't have internet access which was kind of nice. I ate some things I shouldn't have, but hopefully all the climbing up the hill to our campsite from the pool area will help even it out. We didn't think we were going to make it up the hill the one time we came back on the road - it was hot and even my kids were whining. My legs were throbbing, but I just kept on walking - I told them to think of something else and keep on walking.

hope everyone else had a fun weekend.

Wow everyone is so quiet....

I think Im back on track, it was a good wknd went walking each day, even hooked up with Candra to do the vallejo marina. When are you all coming back down?

Foodwise was ok too, I ate at home so I wouldn't slip up and have a carb fest. I'll weigh on wednesday so we'll see.

since there's nobody t talk to I'll be on my way. Have a nice week of good healthy choices.

:(

Yowza, it's really been 2 days since anyone posted?? What's up, peeps? Has the site been down or sumpthin?? I miss you guyz!

I am still frustrated by this no-fat diet! I'm just plain hungry all the time without fat ,and very bloaty from the carbs. I have managed to prevent another severe gallstone attack, but this way of eating is for the birds! One simply cannot eat for the band with no fat and no wheat - egg whites as my only Protein is getting really REALLY old! But I can only eat a single 4-oz serving of fish or chicken a day, and NO oils, so I can't eat what I am supposed to for the band, so I can't use my band and just gain gain gain! I have an appointment with the nutritionist here in SR in another couple of weeks, and HOPEfully that will help. Still waiting to see my regular doc re: getting this sucker outta me!! Keep me in your thoughts :)

Speaking of thoughts, let's pause a moment and address our "ugly thoughts" - I know you have 'em? (Biblical warning! if Christianity offends you read no further :-)) When I read my P31 today I immediately thought I should post it here, it is talking about our "beauty wounds" from what people have told us - or what we have told ourselves - for all of our lives:

The Bible tells us words are powerful, but so are our thoughts. We often give too much value to the destructive dialogue that runs in our head from past wounds. We listen to the hurtful thoughts that play over and over like a broken record. The moment these thoughts pop up, we need to put an end to them by taking them captive. We need to immediately replace the wounded thinking with something more powerful and loving.

One thing that has helped me is to have scripture verses ready in my mind to shut down those damaging head games. For instance, when a critical thought about my beauty or my weight comes into my mind, I try to realize it and immediately say, "The king is enthralled by [my] beauty" (Psalm 45:11,NIV).

I want to encourage you to not allow your heart to dwell on ugly thoughts. God is a big God and He's crazy about you. You are a treasure to Him. He did not make a mistake when He created you! I pray you will believe and stand on that truth my friend. For if I know one thing for sure, it is that Jesus came to heal the brokenhearted and bind up every one of our wounds, including our beauty wounds.

Have a happy, healthy, blessed day my friends!!

Thanks Riley! We all could use some positive words of encouragement. Sorry you are having troubles and considering band removal. I'm sure it wil all workout for you.

I think Riley is considering getting her gallbladder out , not her band or?

I have not done so well with my food this week. One of the women I work with has a 13 yr old daughter and her daughter hung herself last Thursday in her bedroom closet while her mom was at work. I have known her since her daughter was 8 -we talked alot about our kids as my son is the same age/grade as her daughter was. I talked to my kids about it and it has caused me and others at work alot of anxiety - I can't imagine what the mom is going through. I have been taking a tylenol pm so I will sleep better as I can't get the visual out of my mind.

oh gosh, that is so horrible! can't even begin to know what the mom and family are going through! just unimaginable!! thoughts are with you as it must be hard for you too!

Riley, sorry your having to go through all this. Weren't you the one trying to get into the study? did you get an answer and if so, does this gallbladder thing change that?

Thanks Riley! We all could use some positive words of encouragement. Sorry you are having troubles and considering band removal. I'm sure it wil all workout for you.

Oh noooooooo not the band! I love my band. Just want the gallbladder out!!

I think Riley is considering getting her gallbladder out , not her band or?

I have not done so well with my food this week. One of the women I work with has a 13 yr old daughter and her daughter hung herself last Thursday in her bedroom closet while her mom was at work. I have known her since her daughter was 8 -we talked alot about our kids as my son is the same age/grade as her daughter was. I talked to my kids about it and it has caused me and others at work alot of anxiety - I can't imagine what the mom is going through. I have been taking a tylenol pm so I will sleep better as I can't get the visual out of my mind.

Oh Pammie, I so sorry! A similar thing happened here about 5 years ago, I know how awful it is. I will pray for your friend and for you. Do you have an EAP at work so you can get some counseling?

Riley-oh ok! I got confused. Thought you were referring to the band. Whew!!!! Yeah, go ahead and get that gallblader out. You don't need it anyway. Lol.

I hope all are well. Work your bands ladies and gents.

Riley - we have an EAP, but I don't use it. I talked to someone last night at my anxiety/worry class and she gave me some advice on how to try to keep my mind focused on other things. Thanks.

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing okay. Riley I'm so sorry to hear about your house, I usually get annoyed when people say this but maybe it's all happening for a reason? Even though I hate to hear it it is usually true, you know?

Pam, that's horrible! I'm sure that would be very upsetting...I'm sorry for that poor mother, I can NOT even imagine...

So I'm back in kick ass mode and doing great! I'm journaling, eating 800-1200 cals a day, exercising (but not enough...I'm getting better) drinking lots of Water, avoiding sliders, etc. My hard work is paying off! I've lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks and I've earned back my 50 lbs lost! I gained when pregnant and lost my 50 lbs so I'm so happy to be back on the 50+ lost side of my journey. Now on to the big 1-0-0!

I'm doing weekly updates on youtube again, I've made some good friends there and it keeps me accountable know they're watching every week. Check 'em out if you want!

Hope you're all having a great week!

Hey Riley hope things are going better. I hear ya about the gallbladder. I am having pains to that I am pretty sure are gall bladder related.........but nothing so bad I can't stand it. IT comes and goes. We were all told the gall bladder could act up when we lose so I sorta try to keep an eye on it.............Let us know if you have to get it taken out and let me know what to watch for ;-)

Pam.........I feel sick reading that. My daughter is 15 and struggles emotionally. I am just so upset by this and makes me worry about my daughter to. I mean you think they would never........but than after hearing this it is scary. Kids this age can be so mean to each other!! Its awful. I dear this just really upsets me...................

Chris: You make me feel better :-) I have been off and on track for the last six months. If you can get on track after a pregnancy I can too!! Do you have restriction? I am on the edge of having restriction..............I didn't go to my last appointment because I feel like I need to be on track with my exercise and Water a bit more before I get another fill. I also am a bit paranoid of another ER visit :-( Rather be a bit to lose and "work it" on my own than to be two tight and and PBing until I end up in ER......Oh I watch your videos I get updates when you post:-) Keep it up I like watching them got some good ideas from the last one.

Hey how is Candi Doing??

Hi All,

I hope you are all doing well. Wow John you are down 60lbs already? good work you guys. I wish I could say the same. I am trying to work my way back from the abyss. I am glad you guys are all doing well.

I wanted to pop in and say hello and find some inspiration with the hopes of giving some back soon. I miss you all. Have a good night.

Reggie

Reggie your back. I really, really have missed you.......don't leave we are all struggling and it helps to keep in touch. At least for me..............:-)

Thanks Tina!! I am back to pre surgery weight and needless to say I am frustrated and disappointed with myself. However I am trying to get over it and get back on track.