Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pam- Glad you got the un-fill that you wanted & that we will see you @ Mimi's. Yes I have talked with people who have successfully gone through a pregnancy after the sleeve as well as read several other blogs/stories on obesityhelp.com. It is very easy to maintain proper nutrition through the sleeve. And yes I know there is no malabsorbtion with the band lol :biggrin: I had made it my mission to be fully informed of ALL the pros & cons for all 3 surgeries as well as a few other weight loss surgeries that Kaiser does not preform (just for my own knowledge!).

Stacey- Hopefully I will get to meet you @ the meeting!

Hopefully both Mo & I can make it too the meeting. I know that if i come I will need to bring my baby. But if he becomes the slightest bit of a distraction I am gonna wait in the clothing swap area until we go to mimis lol!

Work is offering me time and a half to be on call on Saturday. I am very tempted to do it being a single mom I need the money..............it would mean I could be called in at anytime during the day. I am still deciding.......but on call also means I can go about my day as normal if I don't get a call............but in CPS.......I will probably get something!!

If I do come I will have my girl with me and will plan to do both the meeting and the lunch :-) Plan on me too.....

Pam I think this could be a good thing. I will be interested to see how it goes. I think Dr. Im could be right you paying so much you don't want the band to mess that up!! LOL. Sounds funny. YOu can always add some. I am glad he was nice about it. Same with Dr. Baggs when I talked to him about anything he is totally understands how hard this is..............I always get the idea that he wants me to be successful and lose weight and he is not so worried about the rules and details. He always shakes my hand and says congratulations when the scale goes down!! LOL. Makes me feel good...............I just really like him. The time I met Dr. Im I was in the ER and he was really nice to me as well I really liked him!! Let me know how it goes? Can you tell a difference??

Tina - I ate some cornflakes when I got home at 3:30 - I forgot my two shakes at work when I left so I had only had two shakes in the morning - 320 calories. I haven't eaten anything yet that I would be able to tell. When I eat my bar tomorrow I will see if I start to slime at the end like I have been doing.

Ash - where did the person you know who had a baby after her sleeve have her operation done? Glad to hear it shouldn't be a problem. It is really up to each person to decide which surgery is best for them - none of the surgeries are without possible complications and potential problems - and I don't honestly think one is better than the other - they can all be successful and they can all fail. I am like Donna in that I didn't really want to lose all my weight fast - I have lost 80 lbs in 2 yrs and I would like to lose about 30 more pounds this next year.

REASON I LIKE MY BAND TODAY:

I have not been able to keep much down the last two days...........TOM and I figure I must have gained. Cause I am barely able to keep more than 1/4 cup down. I get in the scale up 4 pounds........hopefully TOM. But I love that the band kicks in.........I sorta know now if I have a can't eat day to weigh in. If I am tight the scale has gone up. I didn't have this before the band wouldn't kick in since the last fill it does..............I love that it does now and it gives me a safety net!!

I am not losing only maintaining!! But still :-) I am hope after TOM I will go back down 4-5 pounds and get back to where I was.

But yea I need a little fill to kick in the weight loss again........except for the last two days I can eat more and more everyday. I can eat 1/2 cup easy. salad I can eat endlessly. I know, I know.............;-)

I kinda have been liking being able to eat more than a month ago. But it is time to get to tigher restriction again.............to easy to take advantage of more and more going down!!

Dr Im and I talked about fills and he said not losing doesn't necessarily mean you need a fill. When he said he wanted to take all my Fluid out for awhile, I told him that I couldn't handle that psychologically and it would be too hard for me to get them to give me a fill. He said he doesn't have a problem giving someone a fill later - he said he only doesn't do it if someone's esophagus is prone to being irritated or if the person thinks a fill will solve all their problems. He doesn't want to cause permanent damage or slippage. This was really the first time we have had a long conversation. He was happy that I have followed most of the rules since surgery - no soda, no alcohol, no caffeine - I didn't tell him about my gum chewing, but it wasn't on the questionnaire either. :biggrin:

Hey Pam. I bet I qualify with the esophagus swelling up thing? Just guessing!! But goes along with what Robin said about the esphogus spasms and me not being able to breath that well. Hmmm.............yea I agree I couldn't just get all my Fluid out than back in at once. I would swell for sure..........

I like that they haven't phased out the band that makes me feel a bit better. Now I wonder how they decide who does good with band and who does best with sleeve and again who should get RNY? I think I will ask that next time.............

Dr. Baggs emailed me when I cancelled my last appointment and said he wants to see me again. I just didn't have the time off or want to make the drive last month when I didn't want a fill. But I am game it would be cool if had some time to talk like Dr. Im today...........I have done my research it would be nice to have an informed opipion about things too.

Anyone know about estrogen dominance?? I am reading alot about it. I suspect that might be why I swell so much with fills and with TOM. I am not sure if it is true or not. A Dr. Oz and Jillian Michael thing..............another idea to research I guess!!

So does Dr. Im give slow fills if someone swells or no fills?? Did he mention that part..................

Tina - Dr. Im didn't actually say anything about my weight loss since I last saw him - I saw him write down that I have lost 19 lbs in the last 14 weeks.

He didn't say he would put the whole 3.5 cc back in at once if I want it back in - but he might - he doesn't do a bunch of little fills at the beginning - he only started doing them 1 cc at a time when I got to 5 cc.

He didn't really elaborate on the fills for people with esophagus swelling - maybe because I don't have it?

Pam- I don't remember I think she went to Mexico (Dr. Aceves?) Anywho, I personally think that each person needs to decided which surgery is perfect for them. I think that your weight loss is remark able and if you are happy with your progress then I am happy for you :)

Tina- Just be careful with your next fill, I don't want you to be too tight! You said "Now I wonder how they decide who does good with band and who does best with sleeve and again who should get RNY?" Well from my research and my own conversation with Dr. Chu where I asked the SAME question lol, the answer is people who are prone to ulcers, & acid reflux should NOT get the band and ultimately the RNY cures most Diabetics and Acid Reflux patients. People who may need to take full advantage of medications in the future (if they have a history of cancer or family history ect,) and can NOT risk malabsorbtion should get either the sleeve or the band. And my Dr. said that if you do not have any of those risk factors then ultimately it is the patients choice.

Mo- Great seeing you for lunch yesterday!

Hi to everyone else :thumbup:

Are you guys still getting email messages if a new post is posted? My emails stopped coming.

I never get posts anymore or emails.........I think it all stopped.

I am having a hard time even posting tonight at all...

I still get e-mails when a new message posts to the Richmond group - check your settings.

It was great seeing a bunch of you at lunch today - Donna, John, Chrissy, Tina, Karen, Angel, and a couple of others - I was at one end of the table and couldn't see the other end of the table. Everyone seems like they are feeling good - lots of smiles.

Hello friends!

My computer died recently, well the computer has been super slow for over a year and the monitor finally died for sure. My cell phone was jealous, and wants to go to electronics heaven with my computer. It's like the universe is trying to keep me from communicating! Went out and bought a new laptop this morning and I'm now all caught up on all things lbt!

Donna- Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting/bday lunch! I'm hoping I can make it next month.

I miss you all, I'd love to do a walk soon (Vallejo, not the valley- too hot here!). My Saturdays seem to be booked through the end of summer! I'm just a busy bee over here. Hope you're all doing well.

Pam-Glad you got the unfill. Are you feeling better being unfilled?

Heather - I don't feel any different with the unfill. I am still on my Optifast product until Aug 3. I will then be eating 4 oz Protein and 1/2 cooked vegetables for dinner and I will be able to see if I feel any different.