Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ali, congratulations on making your decision. I don't think you'll regret the Sleeve at all. There's always two surgeons in the room so you'll have Dr. Park and someone else. I hear Dr. Park makes dainty little incisions.

Tamra, how exciting that you're getting a new home!!

John.... 20 pounds! You skunk! I knew you'd leave me in the dust. Robin said that 5-25 pounds is typical in the first two weeks post op, but that the men really skew the results. I'm so proud of you. 100 pounds let go of forever!

Spent 8 hours in my office today and did ok. I too am not a big fan of the pureed foods. I'll be happy to graduate to soft stage.

Hey!!!

Tamra-congrats on the new home and move....How exicting. Yes, that thing that was stuck in your throat was something getting stuck. Be sure to chew, chew and chew some more. That happens to me sometimes. Especially when it's real good...KWIM???? LOL. It actually happened when I was eating my Breakfast this morning. I only had 1 scrambled egg with 2 slices of bacon...Who knew....I still love this darn band. I have pretty good restriction. It started about 1 week after my first fill and went away briefly. It returned last week after being sick with a cold. I have heard of being tight after illness...Well... here I am. Only, I don't listen well and stop eating. I eat more than I should, I know it!!! I am trying to do better. I have to lose some weight before I see the good Dr. You are doing fabulous on the weightloss.... Keep at it girl.

Reggie-I left you a couple of messeges....Where are u???

Jes-Where are you? How are you?

Ashley-Yes, it was good catching up with you too.

Pat, Pam, Riley, Nicolie, John, Ali, Donna...Hi to you all and those I may have missed!!!!!

Hey everybody - no time to catch up on it all but I wanted to pop in and remind you all that I'm still alive and kickin

Pat - your tea party sound so much more fun then mine will be - Had a pow wow with the bridesmaids and basically just decided to let them veto me and do what they want. I really wanted to go traditional but they want to go cheap & easy - that actually works out well for me - and the earrings they picked out I hate but what the heck - they were like $5 and I can throw them away after the wedding.

Ali - congrats on your decision!

Riley - today is day one of carb detox for me and I'm having a heck of a time of it - eating sunflower seeds to keep me away from the kitchen - the first few days are always the hardest

Donna - so glad you called today - I love hearing from you and I look forward to seeing you Friday.

Coco - it I already congrats you but I want to do it publicly so congrats bachelorette - darn it - not time for a bachelorette party and that's always my favorite part of it all! So glad you love the dress - I love it too. If suits you well - "simply beautiful". See you sister!

Reggie - we could use a wedding cake around these parts - LOL.

John you've lost more than me already! I'm jealous but happy for you. I can't wait to see you at the next group - I love to see the difference in people. Hi Nikki!

Lee - I know, johns a butt! But us women gotta stick to gether and we will prevail!

Pammie - I wish I had your will & restriction - mine comes & goes.

Mo.. What's happenin girlfried? Glad you're still lovin your band.

JES - what's with you -- seems like our lives keep getting in the way of our group here. So many weddings, so little time.... We gotta hook up!

K, off to work out some cake issues.

Pat - how did you even get the 2 cupcakes , part of brownie and a lemon bar down? I can't even get more than one bite of cake like products down. What would Robin say?

Ok who was the other person at the table who could possibly get married? Must have been Heather.

I'm reading the posts eating my tuna - something we are not really supposed to do - eat and do something else while eating - cuz we don't pay attention to our size of bites and that can cause issues.

LOL - Pam I didn't eat them all at once! I nibbled at the bites as I was walking past them multiple times and I spaced the cup cakes out! But I was a good girl today - measured everything - Protein 1st and lots of water! My husband agreed that if anything is left next weekend from concessions it IS NOT coming home with us!

Hello Everyone!

Purees have been going down a little better. Can’t say I’m a fan of Purees. food I would normally enjoy does not appeal to me pureed. Down 20 pounds post-op which now brings me to 100 pounds since I started this journey a year ago. I have my PCP follow-up appointment this Wednesday and Richmond next week for the surgery post-op follow-up. Went through another closet yesterday and put together two large bags for donation. I fit into clothes I used to wear ten years ago.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

Ali – No problem, congrats on your decision! Who will be your surgeon for the Sleeve?

Pat – Thanks for the invite! Don’t think I’ll be able to make it but I am sure going to try!

John - CONGRATULATIONS! 100 LBS IS A BIG DEAL! You must feel so proud. And how fun to be in all new clothes, although if they are 10 years old you probably deserve some new ones! I bet Nikki is really proud of you too! Don't worry purees will not last too long. Here were my 2 favorites: puree chicken with Heinz Turkey gravy that comes in a jar - it tasted like Thanksgiving and had some texture. My other favorite was to take grilled salmon and puree with a little brocolli and a tbsp of lite alfredo sauce thinned with a little milk - yummy! But I have to agree, the soft foods for Stage IV are much better (minus the cupcakes!!!)

grrrrrrrrrr!!

Its like once a month I have 2 cheat days or something lol last night was the cake and girl scout Cookies and wheat thins, then tonight i finished the wheat thins, had a second coffee, a cracker at my bfs house! sheesh!

back on track tomorrowwwww for sure!!! :thumbup:

Hi all -

I did well today - br 1/2 c Bush's baked Beans, lunch 1/2 tuna w/ mayo, pickles,celery, sn 2 fig newtons, dinner 1 egg omelet w/cheese, sn 4 ritz crackers and one 16 calorie frozen bar thing. The only exercise today was walking a little at work and then walking through 4 stores with my daughter after dinner. I still need one more Water to make my 64 oz. Hopefully I can continue tomorrow.

I am seriously thinking about either taking the Healthy Ways class or the Mindful Eating class at Kaiser again - both are once a week for six weeks - I need some kind of structure - neither one is a food program or involves weighing in, but previously they motivated me. Not sure if I can take phentemerine this time though?

Congrats John - I can only imagine how great that makes you feel - you deserve some new hot clothes.

Nicole - are you getting nervous? I sure would be. the joke in my house is that my 15 yr old son will probably get married before I do. :thumbup:

well i just went through an ordeal!! I got bit by something last week and scratched it. WEll it must have gotten infected and I went to the ER tonight. They had to lance it, drain it and pack it. Wow was that fun. My arm hurts SOOOO bad right now and there is a 2 hour wait for my refill of Vicodin. Gunna go back at 11 if Im awake. I told robbie to take a picture of it lol... Donna told me to post it. Its grose..They numbed it first and that was the worst pain, after that I couldnt feel anything. Fun times. My hunny got me an ice cream after said I deserved it after the shot they putt in my butt!! lol.

Candra cake issues huh LOL....

Pammie, no im not nervous I am SOOO excited. Got the location today and a friend of mine is giving us a small honeymoon. She has a house in Tahoe and is letting us have it this weekend. YAY... We are going to have a nice time.

ALi im so excited about your appointment thats awesome!!

So I was supposed to get my call from RObin today but nothin so Imma try to call her tomorrow....

ANyways, gunna go lay down my arm hurts. Night all!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Yes it feels very good to shed the pounds. Feels even better knowing that I now have a successful surgery to help me lose more and most importantly keep it off. This site and all the wonderful participants definitely helped me keep on track!

Pat - I will try the chicken with gravy in a day or two. I was going to use canned chicken, what did you use?

Nicolie – Ouch! Get well!

Yay Coco! (About the honeymoon, not the infection and shot!) I'm so excited for you!

My trainer called in sick last week, so I haven't had a trainer-led workout in a week. Boy, he made up for it. That skinny man sure can work us hard! He'll do V-sits and things and make them look so easy. So annoying! But I'm loving the training. It really does make a difference. I thought I did pretty well with my workouts on my own, but with the trainer it's a whole other level.

I've got the exercise thing down, but I'm having trouble on the food front. I've started weighing my Protein again. I was eyeballing at least 3-4 times the portion I should have been having. Yikes! No wonder I was stuck!

Hey everyone- cOCO CONGRATS! You are looking great too. Well another day..I have to be 200 or less by 4/2 when I see Baggs again. I weighed myself thid morning I was 208 gotta keep trying.

Nicole,

That bite infection sounds horrific! Sorry you have to have such an ordeal the week of your wedding! Hope it feels better today.

still at 228 this morning! still trying to drop these 3 lbs I gained after my fill. Want to be at 200 flat when I see Baggs in May but who knows...thats 2 months, if I bust my azz I might be able to do it!