Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tamra your like me I tell the truth and than just deal with the consequences with Dr. Baggs and Robin. Problem with me is that she doesn't believe my food logs even when I tell the truth. THat is what frustrates me is being truthful and than being treated like I am not. Makes me not want to talk about it................I was told I am eating sliders when I am not. I eat to much but not bad stuff. But I think you will get a fill anyway cause it is your first time. As long as you are down about 10 you should be ok.............but from there on out if your not dropping consistently you'll be in trouble. WIth the things your eating the weight loss will stop and than the fills will stop.

I am hoping I don't get referred back to Robin cause I am done. I know the rules I have meet with her monthly for a year. Not sure why Dr. BAggs wants to see me fill or no fill but.......hmmm I don't want to start over with Robin again.

Well see how it goes. Kelly told me for sure that no insurance no fills. She was not sure about fills in Sacramento but she said I would need to talk to Dr. Baggs and see about a referral to another surgeon.

So that is something to look into before June. I will ask him at the next appointment if he knows anyone.

Ok well back to work here. Watching the budget hearings but so far I can't figure out what direction they are headed. THe sheriffs are fighting for their funding and the animals............sad about the animals and the 3 day hold before they die. I know that isn't why I am here but it is bugging me that because of money they have to do this.

Tina ~ I think its better to be honest! I will accept whatever happens :) I am down 15 lbs since surgery so I am moving good.

Sooo for dinner:

4 1/2 oz baked chicken breast, and I was STILL HUNGRY after so I had 1 oz cheddar cheese, and 1/4 toast with butter.

NOW im stuffed! :thumbup:

Hi all- How do we know if we stretched out our pouch?

there has been times when I eat and then I look at my serving size and I think, "I ate all that"?! I know it sounds ditzy but I did that a few times and now I think maybe I stretched my pouch. Does anyone know.

Maria I am wondering the same...

Today is my first day with my pedometer. I did 5,000 steps before I got home tonight. Now it's time to make dinner and head out to the gym. I really don't want to go (this is staying home weather!--- John, your rain showed up!) But I'll still go.

Last night I asked the trainer how much exercise I should be getting on my non-training days. He said 60-90 mintes of cardio, and if possible, break it down to tw 45 min sessions about 6-8 hours apart. So, I set my alarm for 5am, I figured I'd ride my stationary bike for 30 min and get ready (I usually get up at 5:30). Wouldn't you know, I not only ignored the 5am alarm, I slept right through the normal 5:30 one and finally woke up at 6! I think I was just that worn out from last nights workout.

Oh yes Maria, I know this one! I used to freak because I could eat like 2-3 cups of lettuce at a time, every day! Turns out I just needed a fill . . some foods WILL go right through the band as long as they are chewed well - esp. crackers, lettuce, and of course sliders. Only dense Protein will fill the band the way it is supposed to work . . . and even though I can eat 2 cups of lettuce right now - and I have good restriction - I can only eat 1/4 cup of quorn chicken tenders on top of it.

When I asked Robin about it - showing her the huge quantities that I was eating - she said no, you just need a fill. She assured me that unless I was eating soda and cupcakes, I had not stretched my pouch! I dont know why cupcakes (or cake), but that's what she said! Oh and no, I cannot eat cupcakes OR cake OR bread, even toast. YAY BAND!!

I did good today folks!

B - egg beaters & reduced fat cheese

L - salad with quorn chicken & no-calorie dressing, sunflower seeds, cucumber

S - .25 cup egg beaters with 4 cherry tomatoes

D - 2 oz beef patty, 2 slices bacon, 2 tbs. Peanut Butter

I'm done for the day! My fat is real high but I am trying to get rid of the carbs this week - need higher fat to do that. And I did snack aboiut 3:30 - I was physically hungry! But did not get into any sweets or wheats, yay me!!

I am back on program for my bandiversary :-) OH and I burned off 600 cals at the gym this AM

So I got the go ahead to advance from Robin today. YAY... Protein here I come!! I am so excited to start something new. I am making stuffed bell peppers (no rice) tonight for din din so I will try and puree that. Went to the store and picked up some chunky Soups to puree.

First day of work pretty much sucked!! I was ready to go home and get in bed by noon. My port is killing me now. I didnt even really do anything. I guess its just the fact of sitting at my desk, not so comfortable. My boss is a total ass, he said no more than 3 words to me today. Whatever. I enrolled in school this weekend so im ready for some change!! If I can stop smoking and lose weight and go through surgery I can sure as hell go back to college!!!

Anyways, Hope everyone had a great day!! John, Lee how you 2 doin??

So if anyone is interested, me and Tam Tam are maybe meeting up in the big V next Sat to walk to bridge!!

Oh and Lee, I am going to send Candra home with Pat's track suit to give you at the next Richmond meeting okidokie!!

Hi everyone I promised the girl on Wednesday meeting that I would try to post more often even just to say hi:w00t:. So I will introduce myself again for anyone that doesn't know me. I just got banded on Oct.26,2010 by Dr. Fisher. So far I have gotten 2 fills and have lost a total of 70lbs. 40 post-op and 30 pre-op. I fell great but I do think that I am overfilled at this point. Even an egg in the morning might not go down. I think I have too much in my band I already have 6cc's I felt great at 5cc and was still losing weight but now i am always vomiting and what I could keep down is bad food that is not letting me lose weight. I would love to hear any advise.:)

CoCo - You asked for the Sonoma Co. Weight Loss Group chili recipe from their cook book.

I doubled it so we had a big pot to last multiple meals so this is what I did:

1 lb ground turkey

1 lb lean ground beef (95%) - I did this instead of doubling the ground turkey

1 large onion or 1 bag of frozen chopped onion

(I also added 1 bag of frozen chopped peppers - red, yellow, green)

4 large cans stewed tomatoes (I used chopped)

1 c. Rotel tomatoes and peppers (I couldn't find that brand so I just used Safeways chopped tomatoes and peppers - I put in 2 15 oz cans)

5-6 cloves garlic

2 cans pinto Beans

2 cans kidney beans

2 cans black beans

2 cans chili beans

4 tsp garlic powder

4 tsp cumin

2 tsp salt

4 tsp chili powder

2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional - but I used it - it gives a nice kick)

2 tsp black pepper

You brown the meat with the onions. Then you throw everything in the pot! You cook in crock pot all day or since I doubled it, it didn't fit in my crock pot so I simmered it on med/low for about 5 -6 hours. It was super quick and easy to do.

It makes 28 cups and this is nutritional value for 1 cup:

188 calories

3 g fat

26 carbs

14.75 Protein

7.5 Fiber

I served it with shredded cheese and fat free sour cream and slices avocados.

You have to puree it since we can't have whole beans in case they get stuck. I did 1/2 a cup and added 1 tbsp of cheese and 1 tsp of ff sour cream. It is really filling on Stage 3 because it purees thick.

Edited by wantshealth

Hey everyone - I had a good last day at home.

Worked out this morning in garage since it was raining and I need to get use to it since I'm going back to work.

5 mins lift weights - just starting again

10 min exercise bike - got heart rate up to 134, 2.38 miles

55 min treadmill - 2.5 miles

total calories 399

My food:

B - 1/2 c LF cottage cheese

L - 1/3 c egg salad made with FF mayo and 1/3 c cottage cheese

D - 1/2 c pureed moroccan chicken stew with 3 tablespoon of green Beans

Since it was my last day at home, I used a gift certificate that I had to go get a massage - it was heaven. I also got a mani/pedi so I look good going back! Also down almost another 2 lbs.

Hi Everyone,

You all sound terrific!! Congrats to those that are feeling back on track today. What winners we have among us.

I wiped out today. I napped from 3:30 to 5:30 so I'm working tonight. I think I just hit a wall and needed to sleep. food is still not much of a friend to me. Had the runs all morning. Kept down a little Trader Joe's Creamy Tomato Soup tonight and loved it. Now back to clears for me. I've gotten in 64 oz today and still thirsty. I had to throw out tons of flowers tonight. It was starting to smell like a funeral home in here. :)

All in all, doing great.

Coco, would love the tracksuit!

Pat, your food looks so yummy today! And your exercise, just awesome!!