Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Ali,

I started exploring weight loss surgery in September 09 after thinking about it a long time and trying everything else. I had Orientation in January and was at my pre-surgery goal weight when I met my surgeon 2 weeks ago so they moved me forward and scheduled my surgery for March 22. It was all done rather quickly. At least quicker than I anticipated. Dr. Baggs will be my surgeon. I am glad to hear that people like him.

So do you just show up at the grocery store?? Like the fruit section? I serious can't figure out how it could be a Raleys?? Do they close the store down??

HEATHER: So did CPS take the 18 month old?? Geez I was in that parking lot a few hours earlier. Scary.

JES:

I hear ya. It is taking me six weeks to schedule anything at Kaiser now. Dr. Baggs is totally booked all the time. Makes it hard. I think they have done so many bands now that they are backed up. A year ago it was not this crazy. They have only been doing the band less than two years. I think it is catching up with them. Jes I have no retriction either and I totally hear you. I want a fill so bad and the long waits are hard.......

LAURIE: Did Liz send you over to this site? Just wondering ;-)

Well I am cleaning my house. I can't stand the mess anymore!! Maybe by Friday I will have it finally cleaned. My sister told me the way she keeps hers clean is to focus on only one room a night after work. She is a clean freak so that is how she limits herself from spending to much time cleaning. For me.......it might help me spend some time cleaning.

So how much did Dr Baggs make you lose?? I only had to lose 12 pounds so I went fast too. I had orientation in December and was ready for surgery by January. I was 2 pounds away from goal weight at my surgeon appointment.......I could have had surgery in February but I had an overseas trip so I waited until April. It went very quick for me..........

Oh ladies Dr. Machado here in Sacramento will NOT do fills unless you join her program. She told me she is "not a fill center"...........as if that was a very bad thing!!

I think they have a meeting room at Raleys for groups. Just ask at the customer service desk. And...no, Liz did not send me to this group. She told me about the Raleys group, but nothing about online groups. I don't think she and I hit it off too well for some reason.

As far as I know, CPS didn't take the baby, baby should be with mom who didn't realize how bad dad was. They were arrested after the fact.

Tina, you know there can't be a wls group in produce, it's gotta be at the deli counter! lol.

Dr. Baggs didn't make me lose anything. I was 247 at my referral appointment with Dr. Foster in November 09 and he told me that I would have to lose weight on my own before surgery, so I just kept going to Weight Watchers and got down to my current weight of 233. When I saw Dr. Baggs a week ago he was happy with that weight for surgery so he moved me forward. All good :-)

Welcome Laurel! Don't feel bad if you and Liz didn't hit it off. Many people have issues with her.... Overall, she's okay once you get to know her. Better than that chick, Robin.....But shhh!!!! My mouth, again!!!

Hi Laurel,

Welcome to the group! Don’t worry about Liz, I find her approach rude. I think she means well but needs to find a better way to interact with people in a one on one session.

Maybe the Raley’s meeting is around the Chinese counter? JK

Jes – Thanks for the hotel recommendations!

You know they need to start to think about sending more people to Fremont or opening up somewhere else. That make no sense that I have to wait 3 months.

I forgot to welcome the new people. You've found a great group of people with a whole lot of good knowledge. Anything you need to know somebody will have the answer. It's no wonder about Liz. I think she tries to be hard nose in the early stages. I liked her the other day when she spent time talking to me. I'm sure Liz didn't send you here. I remember her telling me that "those girls" do their own thing and bend the rules. basically telling me to not listen to you all.

Hey Miss Riley J, I heard that under the covers with that warm man LOL...

Yea I figured it was not LIz that sent you hear!! She warns everyone about us........just had to be sure!! :-)

Liz is ok once you get to know her. But it depends too because with some people she never loosens up. I have not seen her for more than six months and I only saw her a few times before. I have issues with the other one....

Jes I hear ya. I use to be able to see Dr. Baggs every month no problem getting an appointment. I could call two week before and still get an appointment. But lately it is always 6 weeks or more............it has been crazy. Maybe because I go to Vacaville......but way to long and way to booked up at Richmond lately...............I wish they just had a fill center............I still think part of my problem is that Richmond is so far I don't want to go over unless it is an ER visit.............if they were closer I might have made different choices.

I was told I was to tight when and that I am just right now. I don't know how they figure that. They said they think I was eating all liquids and that proves I was to tight........you brother all the theories people come up with when they forget to ask........

So Jes I can tell you what they will say!! You should TRY harder cause you have restriction your just not using it. Maybe you are drinking liquids!! LOL!! Get ready for the theories you will hear before your fill appoitnment :-) LOL

Candra, thanks for the words of support. I am still taking tests. He wants to rule out thyroid and any pancreatic tumors that may be causing the low blood sugar. I am still freaked out. I know I will be fine. He said my Migraines have nothing to do with the low blood sugar.

Jes: Girl you are right I do need to take this as the get it together sign to start over. I had a no carb hearty bowl for Breakfast the day of the incident, so I didn't do too bad! Iam looking forward to seeing you guys on saturday.

Mo: look in you PM box for my adress. It's supposed to rain on saturday you guys drive safely, I will have tea ready for you all :-).

Welcome to all the new members!

you didnt have to loose ANYTHING for surgery? wow...lucky.....

for those who are on my Facebook go read my status and look at the pic....a little friend decided to show up in my couch today...

Very lucky on the weight loss!! Dr. Baggs tends to be the most reasonable..............But you did lose actually. You got lucky they counted that I was told they wouldn't.

Reggie glad your getting tested. I hope it all works out.

Well I did good today. Got all my Water in my body today and ate well except for a bite of my duaghter butterfinger candy................

The front part of my house is clean now...........feels good. I even moved the furnitur around so I could mop and vacuum. Back of house tomorrow.........I need this place clean so I can think!!