Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Wow- Pat, Nicolie and Tamra by the looks of things you are up next in the new year...I'm sure Liz you are not to far. What a way to start off the new year. 2010 will be your year.

Today has been better and I was told by Sarah that Robin will be calling me December 2nd to move to pureed foods. I cant wait so I can start on the cauliflower and chili etc..seh told me to stay on the creamed Soups only until then. DANG!

Hi All,

I have a tiny, minute of time....I'm back from my 6-week follow-up appt with Dr Fisher...and I must say that some Dr's are trained in how to be ivasive.....

My appt went overall, well. I have changed my ticker back because I weighed in at 206.4lbs....Down from 219.5lbs on the day of surgery. I am healing well and am not getting a fill until February...I have to keep loosing though. Dr Fisher said I should have good restriction now and that people always say they must not have restriction when they are not losing or feeling anything. When in fact, you must lose first in order to qualify for the fill...So, here we go....I have to lose this 6.4lbs by Dec. 10th...That's my own personal goal. I am going to Las Vegas and would love to go there in Onederland!!!!

I have to go.... TTYL......

Go Monique!! Nice weight loss so far!! man I cannot wait to be 206 lol.

Well, I did well today. I have the energy to workout but I just cant kick myself into gear.

Breakfast- Atkins shake (I found a coffee one!!!)

Lunch - 3 double cheeseburgers with just onions from BK...no bread, etc...I felt sick after this tho, to many patties.

Snack - sugar free fudgesicle

Dinner - Cabbage cooked in bacon, few slices of cheese, and steak

Trying to down some Water now, as all I had was a diet coke =X today!

Edited by tamra.

Hi Everyone,

I'm so impressed with how great everyone is doing!

Canolie, you are rockin the house and you'll be banded before you know it.

Pat, how exciting to be up for a surgery date.

Maria, hang in there until 12/2. It's closer than you think but I bet at this point you'd rather go to sleep until then and wake up to pureed foods.

Tamra, you're getting so close to goal.

Hi to everyone else!! You prolific writers, I can't keep up.

I had a good day today with food

2 soft boiled eggs

1 Pure Protein 100 calorie 21 grms Protein Drink

1 6oz turkey burger

SF Jello

dinner will be 1 6oz beef burger with a spoon of sour cream and salsa on it

I'm packing tonight and off to NY tomorrow. I'm going to work until 1, then take BART over to SF airport. I'll be back on 12/1.

If I don't get back here tonight, or in the morning,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and let's all remember that it's just one more meal and we can eat on plan! I have my first appointment with Dr. Baggs on 12/11 to keep me in line.

I'm hoping to come back from NY and Boston Lighter!!

Have fun Lee!! Say hello to Boston for me, wish I was there with my family for Thanksgiving!!

Oh and the chicken place is called "Wild Chicken Rottiserie" LOL...This is day 2 I haven't had it and am I CRAVING IT!!!

I am worried about Thanksgiving, I know I will pig out...

Congrats Pat! Sounds like you are going to have your surgery right when you wanted it! Good thing you got the pillow :-) I go do my La-Band talk in the 14-week Kaiser class on December 1st, that is the meeting night at James & Sherry's house so I will miss that meeting :-( but I always like talking to the pre-op class

Today sucked; went to my friend John's funeral today; he was only 55. Did OK before and during, too upset to really eat at the after-service shindig - one good thing about this band, I CANNOT eat when I am upset! - but when I got back to work I kind of fell apart, I did not want to be alone for some reason, I was all creeped out feeling like John was going to walk through the door anytime, icky feeling. I was desparate for company and so I kind of followed my coworkers everywhere and ate what they ate and drank what they drank - it just felt really really weird. snack snack snack all afternoon, chocolate, etc I did not care. I had packed my lunch but I never even opened it. ~sigh~ a bad day, but crap what did I expect? Then when I got home, like and idiot I tried to eat a piece of toast with butter, NOT going to go down - 9 months out and I STILL can't eat toast, but I was pitiful, even when I knew it wasn't going to work I was still like sucking the butter off of it, very sad. . . and I PBed it, for the first time in a long, long, long time I never ever PB anymore. I already can't eat w/band when I am upset, and I have not been able to eat bread or toast since I was banded, so why did I think I could do it today???? Self-sabotage?? I dunno . . . I'm a wreck! Better now, but I WAS a wreck. UGH.

I have decided (and journaled) that I am forgiving myself and that's that. One day of stupid and sorrow isn't going to hurt me long-term. So I feel better now, but still creeped out from John's death. He died last Wednesday but I just plain didn't process it until today. UGH.

One kind of good thing happened: There were quite a few people there at the funeral who had not seen me for well over a year. Three of them - one who I stood next to for like 10 minutes, and two who were seated near me - did not recognize me for LONG periods of time - like 20 minutes - until someone said my name. Looking right at me, they were. Each of them, at different times. WEIRD. It makes me wonder if they ever really saw me when I was fat . . .

OK I am too weird to be on here tonight! Please include my friend Kathy Joyce in your prayers tonight - John's long time girlfriend, she was having a tough tough time of it today. And his partners and childhood friends, Robbie and Mark. Thanks you guys :-)

I knew today was going to be tough, and it's been my first really emotionally challenging day since my band, and while I did try to fall back onto food for comfort, my band stopped me from going too far, and that part did NOT make me sad - it made me glad. OK enough. Goodnight ladies.

Riley - I am so so sorry. Long distance hugs to you. Please call me whenever you need - I want to be there for you.

A Gaelic Blessing

Deep peace of the running wave to you.

Deep peace of the flowing air to you.

Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.

Deep peace of the shining stars to you.

Deep peace of the gentle night to you.

Moon and stars pour their healing light on you.

Deep peace of Christ,

of Christ the light of the world to you.

Deep peace of Christ to you.

Riley, I'm so sorry for your rough day today. I will keep you and your friends in my prayers. You're a good friend to them and to everyone here. (hugs)

Riley Im sorry to hear about your friend, you are in my thoughts tonight.

Lee have so much fun In NY Im so jelouse.... YAY, you can do it possitive choices...!!

Maria, im glad you are having a better day today. YAY pured foods here you come hehehehe..

Tamra YOU are rockin... Did you have the Mocha Latte one? I tried that one and actually like the chocolate one better. I think I am going to try these Protein shots I saw at the health store...they are cheaper. IDK we'll see. No Latte today good job, im on day 3 no coffee at all and i am suprised I havent gotten a headache yet.

So if anyone on the 1200 cal wants to trade some receipes im up for it, I have a bunch of good ones I just dont want to get burned out on them. im going to bust my butt i have 11 lbs until I cant start getting my appointments in.. however I will be enjoying this turkey day since it will be my last normal one lol....

Monique you are rockin too. Almost to onederland.. You got this!!!

La Chica where you at???

I seriously miss everyone, I wish I could see you all every day hehehehe.... Have a good night all..

Oh Riley, so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your friend in my prayers. Know that there is a reason for everything, as sad as we maybe, it is clear that John has left something special for you and your friends. Stay blessed!

Monique, congrats on your weight loss girlfriend.

I hope everyone is doing fine.

Riley-I am so very sorry for you loss. Keep the faith girl. You can do it.

Thank you ladies for the positive words of encouragement! I really need it! I am so worried that I am eating too much and I have to start measuring my food again....Can't just eyeball it.... I have to prove to myself that I can do this!

Good Morning,

Riley, how are you doing this morning? With all of us sending you warm loving energy, I hope you'll be able to bounce back. It's so tough to lose a loved one. I'm really sorry for your loss of John.

I saw a low on my home scale this morning. 231.6 I know that I always gain a couple pounds on vacation so I'm thrilled to see a low number to start with. I'm planning to have Thanksgiving dinner. A small serving of everything that calls to me, except the pies. I haven't been eating sugar and there's no reason to start now. My goal is to eat mindfully and enjoy the company of friends.

Canolie, I'm keeping my calories to right around 1200 but I don't cook much. I've mostly been eating meat, a little fat free greek yogurt, eggs and a bit of veggies. fruit stalls my weight loss, other carbs make me gain. Last week I had 7% fat turkey burgers several times.

I tried the Pure Protein 21 grams of protein Frosty chocolate shake yesterday. 110 calories and I was full for a long time. I got it at Trader Joe's. I'm going to try the vanilla one this morning.

My office is having Thanksgiving dinner for 30 people today. They're doing it today because I'll be gone tomorrow. I actually wish they had waited. I really don't need the temptation today but I'll try to stick to turkey and veggies and pass on the rest. I don't need the carbs before sitting on my butt for a 6 hour flight this afternoon.

Ok - truly wishing each of you a happy, healthy and mindfull Thanksgiving week.

Good morning, and thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and blessings - I felt them, I really did!

Better this morning; I have a busy day at work and I love my job so that's all good. Up a pound this morning, which should not be a big suprise considering the carbs I was stuffing yesterday! Today my big goal is to drink drink drink. Water I mean, and herbal tea . . 16 oz down so far . . . did the gym this morning, 20 minutes cardio (300+ calories) and 30 minutes weights . . . probably another 100 calories - and I brought a good Breakfast and lunch which I am NOT going to ignore today!

Have a great Tuesday everyone

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this site and still trying to figure everything out.

Start Wt. 260

Orientation: 8/17/09

Current Wt. 235

Case Mngr Apt. 11/25/09

Surgery: Hopefully 1st week in Jan. (will know tomorrow)

I'm really glad to read such possitive stuff on this site. Everyone is such an inspiration to me so far. Hope to meet some of you at the support classes.

Morning- Today will be a good day. Last night um not so good. I think I may be to restricted I dunno you tell me. I ate 2.0z of pudding at around 9pm then went to bed around 11pm with a full feeling almost nautious then I woke up choking I was afraid I was going to choke in my sleep. Nothing came out but I felt like crap. I dunno what to think of this I can teat no more than the 1/4 cup of anything.