Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yes Pat, all our lovely newbies... books I enjoy/ed:

Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band: Everything You Need to Know Before and After Surgery to Lose Weight Successfully by R. Sewell, MD & L. Rohrbough

Phat Finish by M.Hathaway

Press Pause Before You Eat: Say Good-bye to Mindless Eating and Hello to the Joys of Eating Dr. L.Mintle (Tina is reading)

Eating Well After WLS Surgery by P.Levine (this is cookbook for ALL surgeries & stages, her hubby lost 40 lbs w/ no WLS!

Change Your Habits, Change Your Life: A Proven Plan for Healthy Living by Danna Demetre

The Emotional First Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery by C.Alexander (The Powerful Petite Purple Book now is orange! from Amazon)

1. Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients

by Colleen Cook

Hope these help!!! (Heather, I am sorry, where can I post this in the wonderful Group Thread u set up for us?) :biggrin:

Edited by roseyyyd1

Hello Everyone,

You all have been very busy posting today while I was at work! :biggrin:

Maria, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you're going to do fabulous! Just imagine where you'll be in 3 months. All this work you've done is so worth it.

Tamra, I know I'm new here, but I'd like to make a suggestion for your poster board. Instead of putting up pictures and say things that make you feel bad, why not make a vision board. I made a great one on a big piece of posterboard but into a huge heart. On my vision board are all the things I'd like to do. There is yoga, meditation, bicycle, swimming, diamond ring, gorgeous men, beautiful home furnishings, first class airline seats, travel destinations etc. I did this in my meditation group. We all sat around cutting things out of a million magazines, then created the vision board based on what we'd like to see in our future. I bet you'd have a fun time doing it and getting excited about everything that you want.

Tamra, I'm getting in the groove of the 1200 as well. Any interest (from anyone) in having a food accountability thread? I'm putting my daily food into Sparkpeople to see how I'm doing with the 1200.

I'm so happy to hear that the Kaiser group is this Wednesday! I thought it was next week when I'll be in NYC. I'd love to go. What time does it start? This week is so convenient because I have a 4pm appt at Kaiser Oakland with my gallbladder surgeon, so I'll be home earlier enough to go to Richmond.

Opps, how will I know all of you? I want to meet everyone that goes. :tt2:

I love the vision board idea! I did one once and framed it, it was small but it worked.

Donna, we should suggest this to Angel- it could make a great activity for the group...

I'm off to the EG Support Group! See you EG Ladies, and the twins soon!

Lee- That's a great idea!

So who all is coming Weds to the meeting besides Lee? Can we meet somewhere before it starts so we can all sit together and introduce ourselves to whoever we don't know?

I did pretty good today:

Breakfast - Venti Latte and 1 piece of 100% whole wheat bread

Lunch - lettace with 1 can of tuna with lemon and olive oil

Dinner - 1 ribeye, broccoli with 1 slice of red fat cheese on top and of course my fake butter.

I havent been weighing my meat tho like I was the very first time.

Hi All you beautiful ladies and gentleman. Yes I have been away. So I went to my fill and Dr.Park was called to the OR so I saw Dr.Fisher. Well I must say that I was depressed impressed and repressed LOL. He read me the riot act in a very nice way and gave me a rude awakening. Needless to say I did not get a fill. I have gained 7lbs and he basically asked me to go back to drawing board. I was almost in tears. But the bottom line is that I have to get back o track and stop playing around as if I weigh 180lbs LOL. Seriously, I need to get back in the loop with you all, there are so many new people here and often I feel lost (me being honest) I miss our get togethers that I have not been attending.

Today I went and signed back up with 24hr fitness and plan on getting my booty there this week. So thanks for hearing my gripe and all. Dona, Nicole, Pam, Heather, Tina, Candra, Chris,Jes, tamra, Maria, oh wow I know I'm missing all lot more names I miss you all!

Hey Reggie if you ever end up in Martinez we can hit the gym together LOL and don't let Dr Fisher bring down!!!

Hey Reggie if you ever end up in Martinez we can hit the gym together LOL and don't let Dr Fisher bring down!!!
Thanks Tamra!!

Good Evening All,

So, I made it through my first day back to work. It was a bit hard getting back into the swing of things. Everyone was happy to see less of me!!!! I am glad too! I think I will do better with staying on track while at work. I plan better and have my meals ready.... Today, I had: B-2 scrambles eggs,

Lunch-1/2 cup White bean w/ bacon Soup and 4 slices of turkey, super thin, dinner-grilled salmon and 2tbsp broccoli and 2 tbsp wild rice...The rice was the worst thing I had today.... I also had 1/2 cup iced coffee this morning. I almost forgot.

I talked with Robin and had a pretty good conversation regarging the Stage IV diet that I start tomorrow....Opps! I started today....Hairloss, and lymph nodes....Long story!

I hope all are well and I can not wait to meet more of the group.

I may be able to attend the Richmond Wednesday Support Group. I am not sure.... I have to see if my husband can get the babies....

Almost forgot...Some how...I lost weight.... I didn't believe the scale the other day when it said 208.??? so I kept my ticker the same....However, I had an OB appt today and the Kaiser Permanente Scale said......206.8....So I'm going to roll with it....I have since changed my ticker....ONDERLAND..... HERE I COME!!!!!! My goal is to hit 200 and break it by NOVEMBER 30....Thanksgiving and all.

I have to go catch the sand man....TTYL.............:w00t:

Edited by MoniqueD

Tamara and Lee - I plan to be at the Richmond Support meeting on Wed. I come right from work so will probably get there right before 6. I'll try to post what I wear that day so you can tell, but I look kinda like my avatar pic except bigger since that was taken a couple of years ago!

Reggie - sorry it was a rough appt. We are here for you. Someone on hear says 'tomorrow is a new day.' Don't beat yourself up, just move forward.

Maria you are in my thoughts - just breath deep and focus on the wonderful changes that are going to happen in the next year! I like the idea of visualizing that and making the poster for the future.

Night ladies - have a good tomorrow.

Hey Reggie I miss you too. I have not been able to come many meeting lately either and I am not online as much as before. I can tell it has affected me..........so same as you I am trying to get back into the groove of things.

I didn't gain weight but I have to lose between 5-10 to get a fill. This is a new thing for me. They said I was losing to slow and need to speed things up to get a fill. So I also nicely got read the riot act. I didn't like it but I totally understand why and I agree with Robin that I need to change things up a bit. Just sorta hard to hear it.

I also joined the gym last week. California Family Fitness which is close to work (rancho) and than home too (roseville). Also there is one down the street from my daughters tutor in Rocklin so I figure I can hang out there on Sundays while I wait for her. I need to up the exercise.

Ok food log today........I ate under 900. NOt hungry. A tiny bit of restriction. But sadly I was 70% carbs.........I really thought........I mean.........well I am shocked. I thought I ate alot of protien. Darn salad for lunch :-) I gotta eat a protien lunch tomorrow. Some of my veggie meats have alot of carbs I see..........SO A FOOD LOG IS A GOOD THING!! Oh dear Robin won't wanna see todays.

B-Skinny vanilla latte L-Salad with Beans and cucumbers D-Lentil Sandwhich and 1/2 of cinnamon roll (I know my daughter made them......so good) a few wheat thins which could be classified a snack I guess.

I gotta do better tomorrow. TOM is over so back below 200 again. barely. I was down to 194 but after I was able to drink again I went back up to 198. I lost that 4 pounds in two days so maybe I was just dehydrated. As soon as I went back to the 64 ounces of Water the next morning I was back up. I guess I will have to change the ticker if I don't get back there by the end of the week.

Now that I am getting back on track a bit my motivation is starting to kick in again.........I think I needed a wake up call so it is all good. Food log, 5 pounds and all!!

Oh and everyone should read the Press Pause book!! It is right on what we all need. PAM get the book you will LOVE it. It is so right on and what we all need!! To bad I let it sit for 4 months before I finally pulled it out.

I am getting serious again so I got all my books back out!! :-)

Edited by swrktp

Good morning all- I am sooo glad a few of us met up last night. It was great meeting Amanda too! (I think that's her name) I am so bad with names. Anyway, tomorrow is the big day..I am so excited!! I have had a rough night!!

Last night I decided I was hungry when I got home and decided to eat a 1/2 cup of Tomato Soup (BIG MISTAKE!)

I have been sick all night and have been up since 3am. I got my first taste of GAS! I have this dull sharp pain on my upper left back and continues to my upper stomach and sometimes chest. It is so freakin uncomfortable!! This totally bites cause I dont even have my Band in and I'm going through such pain. Well I took 2 strips of Gas x and it didnt help much So this morning Im supposed to do the MOM but I am not sure if I should I left a message fro a call back from Richmond! It strill hurts quite a bit. everytime I breathe in!!

Maria,

I just had gallbladder surgery two weeks ago and that has gas related pain after surgery as well. I went to the local pharmacy that has homeopathic remedies and asked what to take.

Homeopathic remedies (if you don't know) are teeny tiny balls of meds that you put under your tongue until they dissolve. Take 5 at a time. I took them two to three times a day (they have no taste but a tiny sweet flavor).

I had Zero gas pains. When I felt one coming on the second night, I headed back to the sofa bed where there were tons of soft pillows so that I was propped up a bit.

The product comes in a tiny blue vial and is called Carbo Vegetablis.

I bet Whole Foods carries it, or any other health food store.

carbo vegetabilis - Google Product Search

I used the 30cc product. The 200 cc is much stronger, but the 30 did the trick perfectly.

Good Morning!

I have a question. Do we get weighed at the Wednesday night support group at Kaiser? Do we bring our binders with us? I'm so new at this! :w00t:

Have a fabulous day everyone.

Good Morning all-

Are you feeling better yet Maria? Maybe your stomach pain is anxiety related? Deep breathes - you will be okay and the surgery will go fine. Call me if you need to.

We ended up having our own little support group meeting at Elk Grove Kaiser last night from 7-9:15 pm. When we got there we found out the regular support group was having a speaker from San Jose - a bariatric psychologist who was selling her books too - and everyone going in to listen to her had to pay $20 so we said no thank you and sat at a table outside the room they were in. It was me, Heather, Liz, Nicolie, Maria, Maria's friend (can't remember her name) who is having bypass tomorrow in Richmond, and Amanda who had bypass and lost 130 lbs so far (she got kicked out of the other meeting when they realized she hadn't paid- rude). Maybe we should just create our own Elk Grove group? I'll try another of their regular meetings to see how it goes first.

Has anyone heard from Candra? I called her last night while we were meeting and left her a message and now I am seriously getting worried.