Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

hey all so weight check went awesome!! I weighed less at kaiser than at home... Im stoked!!

i love it when that happens! Now you know how to guage your scale - yee haa.

Ash... did u get the link to the binder? Have a lovely boring time at orientation... but atleast it is super exciting be a step ahead!!!! wooo hooo... i was beside myself! And welcome to the board!

OMG Nicolie and I did ZUMBA.. and yes we lasted. after 10 mins i contemplated leaving, lmfao... we hung in and had a blast. I need better shoes that dont stick to the floor so much. I also need a shot of tequila cuz i only have rythm when i am drinking, seriously! Nicolie weighed in this am at kp and has done great! I am proud of her. Now if i could just go boo boo maybe i would weigh less. lmao. I am taking Iron for anemia and im having potty issues. lol. tmi???

So post ops - I need help/advise - I don't stay full/satisfied for longer than 2 hours so I'm wanting to eat all the time - how did you get thru the bandster hell till you got your first fill and is 3 months the norm to wait for the first one or is The Doc just twisted?

"Normal" is whatever is normal for your doc. Allergen (Lap-Band brand) recommend 4-6 weeks for first fill. Dr. Baggs is the most agressive of the Richmond docs; almost all of his patients get a fill at 6 weeks (unless they don't need one - he relies on Robin for this determination). Basically, All I had to do was say that I could eat over a cup at a time, and she'd OK me for a fill - but then I was losing steady, too. Now I just email Dr. B and he sets me up - they trust me to know when I need one, and they know that I do not EVER want to be too tight! Stories I have gotten on here scare me.

RE: different threads - Heather tried that, did not work. The support and comradarie here are the best anywhere on this site and I'd not want to give that up! But here is a suggestion: if you create a yahoo group, you can all email each other all the time & read what each other is saying, just like on here. Pat & I are on a yahoo group for the Sonoma County WLS support group

Jane you are doing so great! You inspire me and I sure can't wait till my first fill - I'm scheduled for 12/15. - when I tried to get my ID card they asked what model band did I have - AP Standard? I dunno - I will have to ask The Doc when I see him next month.

You haven't PM'd me with your address so I can send you $$ for the book!

Tamra hehehe... I have Dr. Fisher...

no one knows I am having Lap band either on Facebook... keepin it under wraps ;p

Tamra- My daycare is in Oakley which is a samll town sandwiched inbetween Antioch and Brentwood. I have openings right now, but If you want to try doing play dates with my boys to start her out that might be a better transition. Then if you and your daughter become comfortable with my boys and me then we can work somthing out. I always do trial periods because it is important to me that everyone (parent and child) is comfortable you know?

Liz- I did get the link to the Richmond binder, and I also some how Googled my way into the Fremont one too. I know that with all that information plus what I am reading here will prob. make me bored but call me crazy, I am excited to be bored you know!

Hey I want to get a book too... is it the cookbook???? How much? I would like to get one after the 27th, thats payday!!! Hook it up Candra.....

Ash me and Canolie were the same wAy we got there an hour early and left at the butt crack of dawn. we all felt that way!

no one knows I am having LAP-BAND® either on Facebook... keepin it under wraps ;p

But.... Ummm.... One of your albums says LB buddies - isn't anybody gonna ask you what LB is?

Ash... Don't tell anyone but I didn't read the binder either - just skimmed thru it for the answers to the test - everything I needed to know I learned from these gals here!

LB.... well its a mystery... i will say loud beauties... what what???? hahahah

Good One!!