Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks for the support, I'm feeling like I am going to need the gap filled.

NIcole I agree with Riley just watch this fill and see how it goes..........heartburn and PB in one day............just be careful girl. If your to tight and see Dr. Baggs early I think he only takes out a little if you wait like me and vomit and PB for three days before you "give in" than he is gonna take out alot............so just watch it and be careful. I bet you'll be ok in a couple of days though........

Bring Mike that would be fun!! DOnna's husband is coming so he wil have nother guy around............

Riley have fun.

Heather I am bring clothes for you girl........Tamra what size are you in??

I might not make it at 10 so go to your thing ladies if I am not there on time............I have to take my daughter to her friends house in the morning if she doesn't come................I will help DOnna set up if I get there early at all................

Nicole I know some good apartments in the area just let me know what area.........Citrus Heigts has good and bad. STay away from Sunrise mall and anything on Sayonara street...........LOL. Mariposa is a nightmare too...................I can grab you a rent book tomorrow on the way to class and bring it to you...............

Jes I am in YIM add me, add me!!! :-) I don't know how to to add people...............aske Donna and Nicole how long it too me to get on last night..........LOL

Ok ladies went to a party At to much but less than pre band. I ate a veggie hot dog and it didn't go down realy well. I have some resttriction in there obviously.......but I didn't PB or anything and after waiting a few minutes it all went down...........I felt it go down..........so ah yea not gonna mess with the breads anymore to much trouble............salads, fruit and one BIG FAT brownie..........so see a fill would be nice!! LOL BUt I only at 600 calories before the meal and I bet I didn't go over 1200 since the hot dog is veggie/tofu and on Robins "good list" I threw half the bun away after the first couple bites and it hurt going down.............I think I will survive.

I am losing again how strange with no fill...........but ok I am the protien queen again................

I have had 8 days PB free.....................Yahoo!! Loving that. ALso not to hungry the last couple of days so that has been nice..........I am surviving this little bullying incident with my band..........like I told Dr. Baggs my band is bullying me and it is winning...............LOL.

Riley I know that not hungry feeling and forcing yourself to eat..............ah I so miss that part of my 6ccs. I had that and it was wonderful.............I want it back without the PB'ing............a girl has to hope right??

Ok nite ladies tomorrow

Tina! your on:D Hello darlin! I was envying you lol.. all those chefs:D

Yeah ill watch it try to do softs tomorrow.. im just so scared that his protocol is 2ccs.

ok bed time see you tomorrow

ill have mike AND audrey lol my two kids.

Although I been following along with the post I have not posted in quite some time. I am again for the third tme trying to get my motivation up to lose. This is a big decision and a scary one although it will benefit me in the long run and to just think where I would have been if only I can get in my thick skull that this is a lifestyle change for the better. My husband still disgrees with having wls because he has no clue what I am going through. He has never been fat, and always say he love me the way I am. He is just used to me being big and he's comfortable with it. After the orientation they suggest you start the 1200 cal diet. My question is, after you start the 1200 cal diet and lose a bit of weight and preceed to the surgeon are you requested to lose weight from the surgeon?

Also did anyone stick to 1200 cal diet or did you modify it to work for you?

Edited by mollymai

After orientation you need to start working on your 10% weight loss. Try to get as low as you can before you see the surgeon. The surgeon will give you your final weight and if your already there you get to go straight to the CM appointment next.

Most people have to lose 10% but some less and some more................

Yep I modified the 1200 diet. I ate no carbs or meat so I lost slower........

we are all meeting today for a support group meeting at kaiser West Point. 11am to 1pm. Come join us!! We are going out to eat after.........

stick with this group and your succeed!! Stay onboard and check in everyday!! WElcome back we missed you!!

I should point out that not eating carbs makes you lose faster........but not eating meat causes you to have to be creative to get in your protiens!!

Good to see all my girls today!!! I am home and getting ready to crash this afternoon.........my daughter is being obnoxious today!! She needs to take a nap tooo!! She was suppose to be with friends today but well they flaked on her this morning...........sad I didn't make it to lunch loving having a day with no errands so I can sleep and not feel guilty............ok will be back on again in a few hours!! :-)

I am NOT feeing above average today!! ;-) so there will be no bragging going on today!!

Hope you all had fun today!!

As for me, yes but i ATE.

B- 1 piece bacon, 2 turkey sausages and a venti coffee

L- 1 BBQ chicken breast (plain no sauce), 3 and a half pork ribs plain, and a scoop of salad. 2 bottles of Water and a diet pepsi....

D - not worried right now...

maybe i didnt do TOO bad...i avoided the cakes and brownies!!

Go Tamra! I know it can be really hard to avoid Desserts.< /p>

I had a lot of fun today ladies! Donna is such a pro at leading the group. Awesome! And Tina, I love the clothes you gave me. I'm wearing the blue dress right now (size 20!) and it is super cute! I'm so excited!

After we left Mimi's, I went over to the mall to return some pants at Lane Bryant. I had bought them online and used their sizing chart online. Well the "right fit" wasn't such a right fit. I walked in the door and the manager there told me "Um, I'd put you in a red 5". I was returning a yellow 10. 5 sizes smaller! Of course, they were always big to start with... but come on 5 sizes...!

They fit great, it'll be nice to have pants that fit. Here's the problem. I bought the pants in March and they have a 90 day return policy. Since it was over the 90 days, they couldn't give me a refund even though I had the receipt, and the pants were still in the bag they were shipped in. Never even taken out of the bag. So they couldn't refund me the price I paid ($40- on sale) and I just thought, whatever I'm just exchanging. Uh..no. She could only give me the lowest price the pants ever sold for $29. And the pants I was exchanging them for were $59 or something terrible like that. I'm so flippin' mad at lane bryant right now. I'm going to write a letter to the regional manager or something. It's just absurd. It's not like I was trying to return a seasonable item 5 months later, that I would understand. This was a wardrobe staple that they still have on the racks, and it's just not fair! I do admit, I should have returned them much sooner- that is my fault. But still. Lame.

That super sucks! I'd be pissed too. I'm bad about waiting too long to return stuff too, it always bites me in the ass!

We had a really fun day, my whole side of my immediate family (24 of us) went to the pool and swam from 1-5:30. It was so much fun and the weather was just perfect! It's rare that we all get together for a big outing other than just family Sunday dinners so it was really a ton of fun. I got my high dive, low dive and slide on too! :thumbup:

Sorry I missed the meeting but I'm sure you all understand...family first! <3

I hope you all had a great time and can't wait to read all about it!

Also, I'm loving my band! Look at my daily menu for today. I'm getting full HECKA fast!

Sat Aug 22 225.4 bike 20 minutes, treadmill 20 minutes, arms, swim laps 20 minutes

b-egg 75, 1 tbsp cheese 25=100

s-fruit cup 40

l-1/2 can tuna fish w/mayo 110, 4 crackers 30=140

s-1/4 nuts 160

d-1 cup Tomato Soup 180, 17 crackers 140=320

So I'm at 760 for the day and totally feel satisfied! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my band!

Hey girls,

Up and around.......Candra that medicine worked. Geez I sure am tired today. Serious Migraine I think work is part of the reason. Pam you hearing me on that one??

Fun to see everyone and Heather I got more clothes............I will sort them out I need to separate the jeans and business stuff out. I do have another dress...........maxi sorta dress I forgot to bring!!

I bet you ROCK that blue dress I liked it alot to but didn't get to wear it cause ............I lost to fast!!!

Donna you rock!! Another strip tease act today who knew!! I didn't see that coming................finished reading the Colleen Cook book today!! That book rocks........ok so now I get the carbonation and caffiene thing. She talks alot about that!! I am not even gonna taste it flat or not..........geez that stuff is lethal!! LOL

Candra you got my favorite overalls and t shirts!! Rock them girl. I finally realized last week they are just to big and your gonna outgrow them quick like I did but totally enjoy them!! You will know they are to big when people can see in the sides of them and see your underwear..........my daughter told me they were so big she could see everything..........LOL. HOnesty is sometimes brutal!!

Nicole I just woke up!! Sorry I missed dinner but girl your gonna be moving back to down and citrus heights is close to me...........we will have plenty of time to do it again. Excited your moving back!!! :-)

April??? Come join up with us. So fun to meet you today and I have clothes that would fit you too!!! :-) Knowing the girls they told you were to come............

well ok next weekend I have to miss out but I will be jealous. I will call Liz I think Riley was concerned about that...........I will try to remember on monday!! Unless someone else has already done it!!

Edited by swrktp

Tina, I love these clothes! Seriously! I've been trying them all on. I love this! Everything is super-cute and I can wear so much of it to work. I even put on the gray pants I got (I don't think they were from you, could be though) and they were a 20! I can't wear them to work all day, but if someone said "I dare you to wear those size 20 pants" I'd so be able to do it. They zip and everything. I can't wait to be able to wear them all day!

I found some Vitamin Water 10 at costco this week. The have a 20 pack of 20 oz bottles for $18 or something. Still cheaper than at the store, but you know...

I'm so excited, I just logged into the Kaiser Member website and saw my upcoming appointment for my Orientation. I will be attending the Kaiser Fremont Orientation on Sunday, Sept. 13th. That was fast! I think I have an idea of what to expect from this forum, so I feel pretty confident about the class. Is anyone out there going to be at that orientaion? I would love to have a local support group.