Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I am in Carmichael, well Madison and Manzanita and at 5 am it took me 1.5 hrs to get there. Pretty smooth sailing.. just don't walk in with a coffee.. lol. :biggrin:

Ok, so

I had my PCP referral sometime in the beginning of October.. about a week or so later i looked online at my appts and saw my orientation, then about a week after that got the letter in the mail. So i think it all depends on when you get the referal. My Orientation was on Nov. 4, 2008. I maintained until that day.

That weight is the "starting" weight..

My orientation did end around 11:45..

My next appt isnt until Dec 31 which I need to call on because that will not be a fun drive.

Well since the orientation i have lost 31.5 lbs. just by doing the calorie reduction and joined Fitness 19 and paid for their trainer, SUPER CHEAP! Membership is 15.00 and trainer is 20.00.

If you need anything feel free to contact me:D

AudsMom, what is your 12/31 appt for? If you call the bariatric number 510-307-2915 and ask for a cancellation appt for sooner, they said they can almost always give you one and it helps them out because it fills in the cancelled appts. That's what I did and I got an appt for 12/10 instead of 1/08...getting me in about a MONTH sooner! :biggrin: Yippee!

I thought it was pretty hilarious how many people walked into orientation with venti sized Starbucks drinks. I had drank one on the ride there but was smart enough not to bring it inside, lol.

You've lost 31.5 pounds in just barely over a month? That's CRAZY!?! I started the 1200 calorie diet the day after Thanksgiving and my first weigh in was last Thursday and I'd lost 5.6 lbs the first week. I'm going to weigh on Wednesday morning before meeting with the surgeon. I'm hoping to be down 10 lbs from my orientation weight, which will be 2 weeks to my surgeon appt.

I'm drinking Slimfast for Breakfast and lunch and having a piece of fruit between lunch and dinner. That puts me at about 500 calories with 700 left for dinner. Are you drinking any of your meals or are you following the 1200 cal diet more strictly?

Do you mind sharing your starting/current weights and height?

Nice to meet you!

Yeah I am going to call today, I was being patient. My appt was for the psych.. That was the order they had me do..

Ok Starting weight:

Current weight

Height 5'5

I have been pretty strict, but i have now hit a Plateu and to be honest it is a very discouraging one. My Trainer said put the scale away, because I am doing a lot of weight training... Every day that i go to the gym.

Do you live in Sacramento? I recommend doing Kaisers Healthy Ways program..I started it last monday, they teach us the foods that are good for us, and teach us how to deal with emotional eating, and stress, and all that stuff that contributed.

I want to try and get as low as I can before surgery so that its easier on my body..

I am bummed, I think they just dont like me, I think i got your cancellation lol. Because now I'm Jan 8th. She didn't understand why Dec 31 at 3 would be hard to get to from SAcramento, I am like it is NEW YEARS EVE.. Talk about traffic.

Maybe its just not meant to be:(

Good luck with calling them today, I hope you can get in earlier with a cancellation. Let me know! Our starting weights are pretty close and I'm also 5'5". I have to put the scale away too...I get on it every day.

I live in Woodland so Sac Kaiser is probably the closest that offers classes. Is this a basic healthy weight class or is it specifically for people that have had weight loss surgery? Do you know when the next few meetings are and where?

I want to try to get as low as possible before surgery too. I figure whatever I lose now I won't have to lose later! :wink_smile:

It is a scheduled class, and there were people from all sizes there, some were heavier then me some were only 20 lbs away from goal, ( i was like i wish) but you can call the health department at West sacs clinic and ask for information:)

I so far love it..

BTW not sure if you saw my update message they gave me your old appt i think, 1/8 but i took it cause 12/31 will almost be impossible to get there and back before my babys daycare would kick her out.. That is just a bad travel day..

Oh well maybe the more weight I loose the more they will see I am dedicated????

Oh that's such a bummer about your appointment. My 1/8/09 appt was with a surgeon so I don't know if that's the same one, but still weird that it's for the same day! You're right though, it'll give you another week to lose a bit more weight and/or recover from Christmas and New Years!

Don't get discouraged though, you'll still have your appt and it WILL happen. Driving there wouldn't probably be so bad on 12/31 but coming home would probably totally suck.

I'd love to get that Breakfast recipe. I'll shoot you an email so you'll have my email and then you can send it, is that okay?

Yup not a problem:)

I am worried about the home traffic:) Oh well one more week for me:D

Geez, with the rate that you've been losing weight you'll probably be at 50 lbs before your meeting on 1/8!!!

Well it has been 5 days since I was referred and I have not heard anything yet. I will be glad when I hear something :-)

7am is brutal for orientation is brutal and with a five hour orientation I wil have to take the day off. But at least orientation is only once. I just want to get weighed so that I can start to lose. Losing is a nightmare for me so I want to get started soon.

Do you know about surgeons appointments? Are they generally morning or afternoon? What is the drive like coming back in the afternoons? Anyone know?

This is gonna be a challenge with work and time off the next few months. I don't really want to tell work what I am doing so hopefully just saying medical appointments will suffice.

any advice on how to make this progress go quicker. I am feeling like with the holidays and everything that things are moving slowly. It took me almost a month to get my PCP to refer me. She wanted to run a bunch of tests first. So I have been working on this since October 31, 2008 and getting discouraged it takes so long.

I am 37 years old

Current weight is 254 and holding until orientation :-)

Goal is 153 per PCP

BMI is 41 or 40.9

You can always call the bariatric dept at 510-307-2915 and be REALLY nice and ask if they've received your referral and when you might be able to attend orientation. If you kill them with kindness they are so helpful, that's what I did. I called on a Monday and asked about the referral being received and I was at orientation the next Tuesday.

Then when I received my surgeon appt I called a few days later (this was their advice to me!) and asked for an earlier appt due to a cancellation. I was originally going to see the surgeon 1/8/09 but not I'm going 12/10! It saved me a whole month. :angry_smile: My appt is at 11am but I assume they schedule them at all times of the day...my original appt was going to be at 3:30pm.

The traffic coming back to the Sac area should be fine as long as you leave Richmond around 4pm and there are no major accidents. It may slow down some at the bridge and at the 680/80 junction but it shouldn't be bad. We lived in the East Bay for about 6 years with family living in Davis...I know that drive really well!

My advice would be to be proactive and call them for cancellations. Be flexible and willing to take any appt available.

Good luck!

Hey Ladies! I know I referred a few of you over here at the orientation back in August? :thumbup: Im better with faces.

Anyways, I meet with the surgeon on Thursday at 4pm. I'm only down 3lbs since orientation, had a lot of issues with business and kids, but it's better than being up.

I did the pre-op diet for a week and lost 9lbs, but then I went to Vegas (again lol). That's my problem - vacations!

I am a member of 24 hour but people are flaky and I need a buddy and motivation! I live in Fairfied with two kids under 3 years, own a construction company and Passion Parties biz, plus a full time college student. Fitting the gym in is imparitive and I am honestly waiting for the surgeon to give me a NUMBER and a date to lose it by. I need specifics.

My email is sheenalane2004@yahoo.com if anyone wants to message me :)

I want to ask a stupid question. How do you do it? Stay on the 1200 cal diet. I have looked at the diet and it seems as if I might fail at it too. I know I haven't gave myself a chance, but I get sick if I don't eat in between meals. I am not sure if it's the BC's or what. I felt the same way when I was pregnant. What do you suggest to stick with it? And what are some of the foods you eat? I am assuming that it is fulfilling and you are satisfied after a meal, but every four hours is a bit spaced a part.