Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

OMG Tabithan, I thought I was a freak. I made a super prime rib dinner for xmas and was unable to eat a bite. Every time I tried to eat some it would cause me to PB, so I finally quit trying. I had the same thing happen on New Years day also. It also happens when we make special plans for dinner out. I so glad to find out I'm not the only one.. Also just a update on my pouch test, as of this morning I'm down 2 lbs. The scale is finally moving, YEA.

Whoooowhoooooooooooooooo Kaelin's G-MA. Nice work today as well. I love that the scale moved!!!!! How's it going with the soft Proteins??

Ooooh no on the rib dinner - your band might not be tolerant to beef. Is there anything else you can't eat??

I read somewhere that our emotions affect our band - if we are anxious we can be tighter or more sensitive, etc.

Hey everyone! Well I promised on Friday that I'd officially start my goals on Monday - and dangit - Monday is here! I usually get by with the motto "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow", but I refuse to keep waiting for tomorrow's weight loss. I started back to solid foods this weekend and I still have absolutely NO restriction. It makes me furious when I think about the $20K that I've spent, but I've decided to train myself to a new way of thinking. I'm going to quit waiting on the band to start working and begin working this thing myself! I have no more excuses - I hold myself accountable - not the band. I pray that as I re-start my journey, I'll eventually get restriction with fills every two weeks.

My goals this week:

1 - sign up for fitday.com and start logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. (I counted the calories in my protien shake this morning and didn't realize it has 400 calories...yikes!) Try to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories each day.

2 - drink 1 liter of Water each day. I know this isn't much, but it's more than my usual and I'm going to take baby steps.

3 - excersize three times this week (my kids bought me the Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout DVD for my birthday yesterday).

4 - Don't drink any liquids with high calories - stick to crystal lite and un-sweet tea (I'm bad about gatorade and sweet tea).

I've got many more goals that I need to work on (such as not drinking with meals), but I don't want to get overwhelmed the first week - so I'll start with these.

THERE - now I've said it out loud - I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!

Good luck everyone! :wink_smile:

Hi Ebox,

i am REALLY excited for you for starting the journey today, and setting goals. Nicely done - with the absolute right attitude for success!!! I think these are GREAT goals that will help you accomplish your end goal. I cant wait to see your progress. :thumbup:

Have you tried the 5 day pouch test diet that Kaelin's G Ma is doing? I can tell you that before I did this test, I had 12 CC in a 12 CC band with NO restriction. I am not exaggerating. And I was frustrated. Then I had my port revision, the dr took out all my Fluid and only put in 5CC then he asked me to go on 2 days liquids then soft Protein then solid Protein - like the pouch test. And for once in almost 2 years, with less in my band than before, I had RESTRICTION!!!!

Also, when is the last time you had a fill"? how big is your band? Is your dr aggressive with fills? Sometimes it takes a while to get to good restriction especially on the BIG BANDS!!!!

Congratulations again, for getting back on track. We are here to support you!! Please continue posting (ESPECIALLY when things are not going so well.)

Talk to you soon!!

I hear your crzytchr - I decided that i want to ENJOY my meals so I do not want to be restricted anymore unless I stop losing. For me, the quantity I eat doesnt mean as much so long as the lbs keep decreasing. What are some of the foods you cant eat? Of course as you continue to lose weight, generally your band loosens more.

At 3/4 - 1.5 cups depending on time of day or what I am eating, I feel that I have the perfect restriction. Some people need or want more restriction than I have. So it is all a personal decision.

how many cups can you eat in a sitting?

I can eat 3/4-1 cup of food per meal. The problem is I am now having problems eating chicken and turkey. I am now getting most of my Protein from skim milk (starbucks nonfat modified mochas) and Beans. It is slowly loosening a little bit. I just finished almost a whole egg and cheese sandwich, which I know I couldn't have eaten a week ago. I am just having problems getting my calories above 1000 and I don't like that. I will start adding some home-made skim milk, hot chocolate to bump up my calories until I can eat more. I like to stay between 1200-1500 per day. I don't want my metabolism to shut down on me.:wink_smile:

I havent posted in a fews days, hope everyone is doing well. I have been back on the program since Dec 30th, and am still doing great, which is an alltime record for me. I have kept my calories between 1000 and 1200. I need to work harder on getting my Water in but baby steps are my goal.

I have been at the hospital with my family for the last 3 days and have managed to still do well, so Im proud of myself. For the prayers out there remember my uncle who has just found out he has leukemia.

Thanks to everyone who has posted, it has really motivated me.

I havent posted in a fews days, hope everyone is doing well. I have been back on the program since Dec 30th, and am still doing great, which is an alltime record for me. I have kept my calories between 1000 and 1200. I need to work harder on getting my Water in but baby steps are my goal.

I have been at the hospital with my family for the last 3 days and have managed to still do well, so Im proud of myself. For the prayers out there remember my uncle who has just found out he has leukemia.

Thanks to everyone who has posted, it has really motivated me.

I posted above RIGHT BEFORE you did!!! Sooo glad to hear you are doing so well!! Congrats!!! :wink_smile:

Will include your uncle in my prayers tonight. Hang in there!!!

I can eat 3/4-1 cup of food per meal. The problem is I am now having problems eating chicken and turkey. I am now getting most of my Protein from skim milk (starbucks nonfat modified mochas) and Beans. It is slowly loosening a little bit. I just finished almost a whole egg and cheese sandwich, which I know I couldn't have eaten a week ago. I am just having problems getting my calories above 1000 and I don't like that. I will start adding some home-made skim milk, hot chocolate to bump up my calories until I can eat more. I like to stay between 1200-1500 per day. I don't want my metabolism to shut down on me.:wink_smile:

So glad it is somewhat loosening over time. Have you tried Protein powder? I use Isopure from GNC - Pinneaple-Orange-Banana flavor. It dissolves really easily so you can use a cup of Water to mix in, and get it down quickly (rather than having to make up a HUGE shake,) 1 scoop has 105 calories and 25 grams of Protein. This really helps me get my protein intake up, if i am not having a good day.

I hear you on the metabolism - I need to up my calories as well and START working out again. There is my struggle.

Hello....was MIA back on track now :blink:

I allowed Christmas and new years to overtake me :eek: and my time away from here and the gym, etc....but all stragglers welcome to come back and repent, Right?

I went back to curves the week before Christmas the last time until today, went today :thumbup:and my wt was 258. :tongue2: I am doing low carb today on the diet and goals this week are:

• 84 oz Water daily (About half this goat met)
  • Low carb diet (20 g of carbs or less per day) (Little over on the carbs)
  • Walk 20-30 minutes per day (Met today)
  • Curves Gym for 30-40 minutes (Met today)

Hi Everyone- Back from vacation & Back to work today. I was on track today & did well. I am putting my 2009 Goals down here: 1- Eat 1300 to 1500 Calories per day

2- Write in food Journal Everyday & put on the dailyplate.com

3- Walk on Treadmill 5 days per Week for at least 30 minutes.

4- Drink at least 64oz. of Water daily.

Well now that I put this down I will stick to them & be accountable. Today I did everything except walk on the treadmill.

Have a great week- Jen

Ladies - I need you all :angry:

I will go back and read the posts here int he form that I have missed but sounds like a lot of you are doing so great! Keep up the good work.

I have a bandiversary in February (5 years from surgery date) and want to reach my ultimate goal of being under 200 pounds by Christmas 2009.

So new WEIGHT goals for me (at this very moment) are:

• Lose 20 pounds by Feb 25th (bandiversary date) Goal wt 238
  • Weigh 199 by Christmas (current weight 258)

Weekly and Daily goals

I will post this icon if I did not meet my goal and need to be yelled at director.gif Yes, I need YOU to do this for me after you look at my goals and posts here daily! Be my bootcamp drill sergent!

• Curves 3-4 x per week if I meet this goal you will see this icon: wiggly.gif
  • Walking on treadmill or at park 20-30 minutes, if I meet this goal you will see this icon: walk.gif
  • Stay under 20 carbs per day if I meet this goal you will see this icon: :tongue2:
  • Drank green tea if I meet this goal you will see this icon: :eek:
  • Drink Water 84 oz per day if I meet this goal you will see this icon:watbot3.gif
  • No snacking after supper with supper no later than 7 pm - if I meet this goal you will see this icon:cheer4.gif

If I screw up on any of these, you will see these icons:

:blink:

:thumbup:

director.gif

Thanks for your support

Hi Ebox,

Have you tried the 5 day pouch test diet that Kaelin's G Ma is doing?

Also, when is the last time you had a fill"? how big is your band? Is your dr aggressive with fills? Sometimes it takes a while to get to good restriction especially on the BIG BANDS!!!!

No I haven't tried the pouch test yet, although I may try that if I'm not successful this week. I did pretty good yesterday, logging in at 1440 calories, but today is another story. I have been so hungry! I've got to get some low cal Snacks to bring to work to help between meals. I start my morning at 4:30 a.m., and usually have my Protein shake around 5:30 a.m. - so by 10 a.m. I'm ready to start chewing on my arm! lol!

I have a 10cc capacity band and I'm at 6cc right now. My doctor only gives .5cc fills every two weeks after you hit the 4cc mark, so it's slow going. My next fill is Monday the 12th, so I can't wait!:wub:

Ladies - I need you all :tt2:

Iwill go back and read the posts here int he form that I have missed but sounds like a lot of you are doing so great! Keep up the good work.

I have a bandiversary in February (5 years from surgery date) and want to reach my ultimate goal of being under 200 pounds by Christmas 2009.

So new WEIGHT goals for me (at this very moment) are:

• Lose 20 pounds by Feb 25th (bandiversary date) Goal wt 238
  • Weigh 199 by Christmas (current weight 258)

Weekly and Daily goals

I will post this icon if I did not meet my goal and need to be yelled at director.gif Yes, I need YOU to do this for me after you look at my goals and posts here daily! Be my bootcamp drill sergent!

• Curves 3-4 x per week if I meet this goal you will see this icon: wiggly.gif
  • Walking on treadmill or at park 20-30 minutes, if I meet this goal you will see this icon: walk.gif
  • Stay under 20 carbs per day if I meet this goal you will see this icon: :thumbup:
  • Drank green tea if I meet this goal you will see this icon: :lol:
  • Drink Water 84 oz per day if I meet this goal you will see this icon:watbot3.gif
  • No snacking after supper with supper no later than 7 pm - if I meet this goal you will see this icon:cheer4.gif

If I screw up on any of these, you will see these icons:

:thumbup:

:cool2:

director.gif

Thanks for your support

Hi IB BANDED - I LOVE the new excitement and we are definitely going to support you with this. I love the fact that you have come back and posted and truly recommitted. That you haven't let a "not-so-hot" holiday hold you down. I didnt have the best holiday either - hehehe - but like you, we all came back, and because of that, YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!

In order for us to support you with the goals, we need one committment from you - that you will post here, good or bad, keep us in the loop - the reason it is so important is that when we are not doing so HOT, we (and I am the BEST at this!! lol) avoid LBT like the plague. But avoiding LBT when we are not doing well just extends our "bad food binge" even longer.

So yes, I will support you and everyone will support you. Yipeeeeeee. Way to go IBBANDED - love this!!!

No I haven't tried the pouch test yet, although I may try that if I'm not successful this week. I did pretty good yesterday, logging in at 1440 calories, but today is another story. I have been so hungry! I've got to get some low cal Snacks to bring to work to help between meals. I start my morning at 4:30 a.m., and usually have my Protein shake around 5:30 a.m. - so by 10 a.m. I'm ready to start chewing on my arm! lol!

I have a 10cc capacity band and I'm at 6cc right now. My doctor only gives .5cc fills every two weeks after you hit the 4cc mark, so it's slow going. My next fill is Monday the 12th, so I can't wait!:thumbup:

I'm excited for your next fill!! Hopefully you will feel the impact with that fill!!! is there a way he can be more aggressive with the fill? Maybe ask him to get more aggressive?

So how are you doing on your goals today?? :thumbup:

Hi Everyone- Back from vacation & Back to work today. I was on track today & did well. I am putting my 2009 Goals down here: 1- Eat 1300 to 1500 Calories per day

2- Write in food Journal Everyday & put on the dailyplate.com

3- Walk on Treadmill 5 days per Week for at least 30 minutes.

4- Drink at least 64oz. of Water daily.

Well now that I put this down I will stick to them & be accountable. Today I did everything except walk on the treadmill.

Have a great week- Jen

Welcome back Jen!!! WOW - you stayed on goal while on vacation??? that us impressive!!! Love the goals and very soon, you will be seeing the super thin you that you want to see!!! :thumbup: Keep us updated.

So far, today was a good day for me. Went to Chillis for lunch but i checked their calories online, in advance, so I did a Soup and salad. I get hungry quickly on Soups but i snacked well with my Kashi bars - love and - and some no-sugar-added hot chocolate at 60 calories.

Yesterday was a wierd day. I had a lot of head hunger at night and I did something I havent done in a LONG TIME. At around 11PM I got out of bed and went and got some Cereal and milk. So obviously, i slept real well after probably put all that sugar and milk on my hips since I went to bed RIZGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight, if I feel like I need a midnight snack, I will snack on my sweet baby carrots!!!! :thumbup: