Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

Tabithan, looking at your bmi ticker makes me realize that you are almost out of the obese range. What an awesome day will that be. This morning I realized that with the bmi I have today, my insurance company would have DENIED my surgery because I wouldn't have qualified! I am sooooo ecstatic. I am only 5 lbs heavier than you are, but you are taller than I am.

You continue to be a positive influence on those on this forum. You're an awesome cheerleader for us all!:thumbup:

Aw - thanks for the compliment!!! It feels good to support others as they try and accomplish their goals, in as much as I need everyone to support me in accomplishing mine.

When you said the BMI issue - I went and checked!! You are right - I am 3 BMI points away from being overweight!! WOW - how great that will feel!!!!!!!!!!!

You are doing excellent as well! 3lbs into the Valentine's day weight loss challenge. Way to go!!! Let's keep on keeping on!

IBBANDED - I know you are a lurker.... :thumbup: Please come from the shadows and update us on how you are doing. good, bad or ugly!!! :thumbup:

BAYOUGIRL and Webkat!!! We miss you!!! You were regular posters and it has been a few weeks since you checked in. Please show your faces and let us know how you are doing. I hope you are doing well on your goals. If so, we will celebrate!! If not, we will help pick you up. I didnt do too hot over the holidays - in fact, I did HORRIBLY over christmas and new years. But coming back here helped me get back on track (thanks everyone.)

We miss you!!!

After reading many of the posts on this site, I have decided my first step to to record everything I eat (which will not be much until I can get past the pecan pie),so that I at least know whare to start. Maybe if I post my food intake someone might have some advice for me?!

Hi JBREAL - How are you doing on your goal to write everything down? Are you using pen and paper or online? I use fitday.com online.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

New Goals:<o:p></o:p>

Write down everything I eat<o:p></o:p>

Keep under 1200 calories per day<o:p></o:p>

Work out on the Wii Fit for an hour a day<o:p></o:p>

Jog or Walk at a fast pace on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day<o:p></o:p>

Stop snacking when I’m not hungry<o:p></o:p>

Stop eating when I feel satisfied instead of full

P.S. Your enthusiasm is realy inspiring!

Hi Penylane,

How are you doing on your goals??? Please let us know the good, the bad, or the ugly!! :thumbup: We are here for you!!

Yes, Yes, Yes I made it thru a whole day without cheating on the pouch test. If it wasn't for the support of you all I would never have made it. One day down 4 more to go.

My band is crazy!!!!!!!!! When I am at home by myself, I have great restriction. Can eat 3/4 to 1.5 cups a meal, depending on what I am eating. But everytime I am around people, I LOSE restriction. This happened when i took my team to a lunch and movie (I managed to down a philly cheesesteak and a basket of fries - which left me starving) at Christmas and the days following when restriction was an unheard of term. I come back home from the celebrations and BAM - my restriction is back. New years - two days of super indulgence. Yesterday all day - I am doing GREAT then I go for a housewarming party and BAM - i eat like I have not eaten in the last two years!!!! Today - restriction back full force.

I actually am getting to the point that I think it is a LITTLE Humourous!!!! Just thought I would put it out there to see if anyone else has quirky band stories!!!

Yes, Yes, Yes I made it thru a whole day without cheating on the pouch test. If it wasn't for the support of you all I would never have made it. One day down 4 more to go.[/quote

Kaelin's G Ma - This is soooo good to hear!!!! I'm so excited for you. The worst is almost over - once you get today over and done with, then you will be on to soft Proteins like fish tomorrow (if I remember the diet right) - Congrats on a great job so far!! Keep it up.

Thanks for the update!!

Hey everyone! Well I promised on Friday that I'd officially start my goals on Monday - and dangit - Monday is here! I usually get by with the motto "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow", but I refuse to keep waiting for tomorrow's weight loss. I started back to solid foods this weekend and I still have absolutely NO restriction. It makes me furious when I think about the $20K that I've spent, but I've decided to train myself to a new way of thinking. I'm going to quit waiting on the band to start working and begin working this thing myself! I have no more excuses - I hold myself accountable - not the band. I pray that as I re-start my journey, I'll eventually get restriction with fills every two weeks.

My goals this week:

1 - sign up for fitday.com and start logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. (I counted the calories in my protien shake this morning and didn't realize it has 400 calories...yikes!) Try to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories each day.

2 - drink 1 liter of Water each day. I know this isn't much, but it's more than my usual and I'm going to take baby steps.

3 - excersize three times this week (my kids bought me the Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout DVD for my birthday yesterday).

4 - Don't drink any liquids with high calories - stick to crystal lite and un-sweet tea (I'm bad about gatorade and sweet tea).

I've got many more goals that I need to work on (such as not drinking with meals), but I don't want to get overwhelmed the first week - so I'll start with these.

THERE - now I've said it out loud - I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!

Good luck everyone! :wink_smile:

1 - sign up for fitday.com and start logging EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. (I counted the calories in my protien shake this morning and didn't realize it has 400 calories...yikes!) Try to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories each day.

EBox, isn't it amazing what we find out when we pay attention to the calorie content of the things we put into our mouths. 400 is HIGH for a Protein shake. If you REALLY like, keep drinking it, otherwise, I would find a better way to spend my 400 calories. Honestly, many mornings I eat a Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit for 440 calories and it keeps me full for 4-5 hours and has 30g of Protein. Also, the Starbucks that I drink (I reduce the mocha pumps to 2 and add sugar free caramel to a non-fat venti mocha) has only 220 calories and 17g of protein. It is very yummy and keeps me satisfied for 2-3 hours. I drink it instead of eating many evenings.

Fitday is the reason I have been able to keep losing weight. Everything gets logged, and it still amazes me when I think about the amount of calories I must have been consuming prior to surgery. I didn't eat more than most people in my life, but still it was much more than I should have been eating. Dang.

You are on the right track. Keep up the good work and congratulations on starting over today.

OMG Tabithan, I thought I was a freak. I made a super prime rib dinner for xmas and was unable to eat a bite. Every time I tried to eat some it would cause me to PB, so I finally quit trying. I had the same thing happen on New Years day also. It also happens when we make special plans for dinner out. I so glad to find out I'm not the only one.. Also just a update on my pouch test, as of this morning I'm down 2 lbs. The scale is finally moving, YEA.

Good job G-Ma. There is soooo much I can't eat right now. I wish it were just at certain places. I think I may be at what ppl call the "sweet spot", but I don't like it. I would rather be able to eat a little more and a better variety.

Hi Everyone,

Today was a very interesting day for me. I overcooked my oatmeal at Breakfast so could only eat about half a packet. Then, it was one of my team-member's birthday and we took her to lunch. She chose mexican - of course, chips AND SALSA IS MY WEAKNESS and they have the BEST!!!!

I ate about 10 tortilla chips (feeling guilty) but I managed to order their grilled skirt steak and substitute the rice and refried Beans for salad. I ate the ENTIRE 8oz of skirt steak because as I said before, i somehow lose my restriction when I am eating in public with others. LOL. Overall though, I did well because i previously would not have been able eat just 10 chips - feeling proud!!!

It is REALLY cold here in houston so I had some 60 calorie hot chocolate. I'm kinda really full so I wish i hadnt drunk it.

Calculated my calories at fitday so far and I am at around 765 which is HIGH for this time of day (dinner tends to be my largest meal.) I think I will have a frozen dinner because that way i can control the calories i take in today.

Anyway, despite eating out, it was a good day today!!! How was your day, fellow strugglers???

There is soooo much I can't eat right now. I wish it were just at certain places. I think I may be at what ppl call the "sweet spot", but I don't like it. I would rather be able to eat a little more and a better variety.

I hear your crzytchr - I decided that i want to ENJOY my meals so I do not want to be restricted anymore unless I stop losing. For me, the quantity I eat doesnt mean as much so long as the lbs keep decreasing. What are some of the foods you cant eat? Of course as you continue to lose weight, generally your band loosens more.

At 3/4 - 1.5 cups depending on time of day or what I am eating, I feel that I have the perfect restriction. Some people need or want more restriction than I have. So it is all a personal decision.

how many cups can you eat in a sitting?