Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

I've just joined the Valenties day weight loss challenge and put myself down to lose 10lbs by valentine's day. YIKES!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!:party:

How's everyone doing on their goals today? for me, so far, so good, since yesterday!!! Back on track after my disastrous holiday!!! :)

I GAINED 1.6lbs over the holidays!!! My weight is now 246 but I refuse to change it on the TICKER - hehehe - just because I know I can lose it quickly when back on track. At least I am stopping at the 1.6lb increase rather than waiting till it is 5 or 10lbs. That's my way of self congratulating...hehehe

How's everyone doing??

Hey Tabithan,

I'm doing pretty well. I, too, have had quite a disastrous holiday. It's really hard to watch what you're eating when you're the cook.

I have my very first appointment at Beth Israel this Friday. I am marking that day as the first day of the rest of my life. The other night, I was SO nervous. I couldn't sleep, thinking about the surgery, how scary it is, what I will feel like, the scars. I was so wound up. But then I began to think about how much better I will feel. I thought about this forum, and how encouraged I have been, just from reading everyone's words and experiences.

How did you feel the first few weeks? How are your scars now? There have been some postings about hair loss, too. Have you experienced any of that?

-music

weight.png

Edited by musicfrommyheart

I've just joined the Valenties day weight loss challenge and put myself down to lose 10lbs by valentine's day. YIKES!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!:)

I am a new band patient and I am determined to see it through. I am reading all the post of those of you who are still working at the process and I am with you all the way. I don't know yet how this will work for me but I have been where all of you are with other weight loss programs and know this will be hard and require that I commit. I feel each of your pain.

Tonight I had some serious head hunger after dinner - well a couple of hours after. had a half cup of honey bunches of oats Cereal and 1/4 cup milk - then did it again. Now I am pretty stuffed.

I am REALLY GLAD there wasnt any junk food in the house or I would have gone CRAZY!!! That was my only saving grace!! tehehe

Stayed at around 1022 calories today!! Good day.

How did you do on your goals today, fellow strugglers?

Hi Fellow Strugglers,

I am a little teary-eyed so I thought I would share. I started this re-committing to my band journey on 11-24 when this thread began. At that time, I was at 255lbs, almost 2 years after banding. I wasnt losing weight but gaining slowly. I hadnt lost a lb in about a year as the initial loss was in the first few months, right after banding. Well, it has been a month since then (and 7 days) and a journey with ups and downs particularly around the holidays - In one month, hit with Thanksgiving, Christmas, three birthday parties, parties at work and now new-years.) I have posted my struggles along the way, here on LBT.

Well today, I weighed myself and I weigh 243.6. In one month (and 7 days) I have lost almost 12 lbs. I cannot begin to explain how I feel right now. Almost two years at only 44 lbs, recommitt, then my body rewards me. I am so grateful, I had to post this.

Thanks to everyone for picking me up when I slip, encouraging me when I am doing well and even those who just read and send warm wishes our way.

What are your successes to date, since recommitting, fellow strugglers???

Edited by Tabithan

Wow, Tabithan, congratulations!

Did you see my earlier post, asking you some questions about post surgery? I haven't received many responses from people about scarring, etc.

Whatever feedback you can offer, I'd really appreciate it.

-music

I am a new band patient and I am determined to see it through. I am reading all the post of those of you who are still working at the process and I am with you all the way. I don't know yet how this will work for me but I have been where all of you are with other weight loss programs and know this will be hard and require that I commit. I feel each of your pain.

Thanks JPWARD!!! Thanks for your support and encouragement. Congratulations on getting the band!! It is probably one of the best things I have ever done for myself, despite my occassionally abusing it!! :wink2: Good luck on this journey. Check in once in a while and let us know how you are doing!! :)

Wow, Tabithan, congratulations!

Did you see my earlier post, asking you some questions about post surgery? I haven't received many responses from people about scarring, etc.

Whatever feedback you can offer, I'd really appreciate it.

-music

Hi Music,

I must have missed it. Let me go back and look!!

Hey Tabithan,

I'm doing pretty well. I, too, have had quite a disastrous holiday. It's really hard to watch what you're eating when you're the cook.

I have my very first appointment at Beth Israel this Friday. I am marking that day as the first day of the rest of my life. The other night, I was SO nervous. I couldn't sleep, thinking about the surgery, how scary it is, what I will feel like, the scars. I was so wound up. But then I began to think about how much better I will feel. I thought about this forum, and how encouraged I have been, just from reading everyone's words and experiences.

How did you feel the first few weeks? How are your scars now? There have been some postings about hair loss, too. Have you experienced any of that?

-music

weight.png

Hi Music,

I hear you on the holidays!!! If it is tough for us bandsters, imagine how much tougher it is for the unbanded.

I am so excited for you. Your appointment is on Friday? WOW - what a great way to start the new year. Are you self-pay or will your insurance be paying?

You know what, I am confident that you will be EXTREMELY successful on the band. you have taken the time to research and read people's experience, and join LBT before hand. I wish I had done this before my surgery, to set the right expectations. I think you are going in with the right expectations and right frame of mind which will likely make you more successful as a bandster.

Don't be scared - you have done your research and all of us have successfully gone through the surgery. You will be under of course. When I woke up from the surgery, I had extreme nausea. It was REALLY BAD for about 3 days then started subsiding. Of course I was on anti-nausea medication. The first few weeks were really tough as well since I had to be on a post op diets of liquids for a couple of weeks and let me tell you - it was ROUGH. In fact, I cheated and didnt follow the dr's orders, which I think led me to this point. My advice for you is to follow the dr's orders.

Pain for me wasnt that bad. sometimes when driving if I hit a bump it would hurt. But the pain meds really helped and I was quickly able to resume life as normal. In fact, I went back to work in about a week.

My old scars have almost disappeared. Of course I have two new scars from the recent surgeries. But my old ones healed really well and shrunk over time. Your experience with scars will largely be dictated by your skin - whether you scar easily or not and of course, the size of your incisions. You will likely have 3-5 initial incisions of varying size. The incision where your port goes will be the largest incision. I would ask the surgeon where he/she intends to place the port.

I am so excited for you. please let us know how the appointment goes with the surgeon. Also, I would take a list of questions to ask the surgeon - dont be shy - write them down and make sure he/she answers all your questions. And ensure that you are comfortable with the surgeon as you will be having a long-term relationship with them. Ask them about fills, how often they give them, how they are given, who gives them, size of the band, etc. Even ask them about scarring!!!

I'm so excited for you to begin the WL journey!!!:wink2:

Tabithan, I haven't been on in a while, but I am glad to see of your great success! You are doing an amazing job and a great supporter to others. That is the greatest thing about this. You are becoming an inspiration to others! Stay with it and you will continue to be rewarded.

I am frustrated now. I had to return to the hospital due to an "unidentifiable" infection. I was in there for 4 days on IV antibiotics with infection and nausea. I finally returned home yesterday. I am SO glad to be out of there. Left in better condition than I went in except for the VEIN THE NURSE BLEW MY LAST NIGHT THERE BY GIVING ME A SHOT OF PHENERGAN WITHOUT DILUTING IT!!!!! I cried for 30 min. from that dang shot and my hand is still swollen and red. Now that I am home, I am feeling better and am able to sleep. I still don't want to eat and that has me concerned. I really think I should have had an unfill before surgery. It probably would have made my recovery easier.

Good luck to everyone! Keep focused!:laugh:

I am frustrated now. I had to return to the hospital due to an "unidentifiable" infection. I was in there for 4 days on IV antibiotics with infection and nausea. I finally returned home yesterday. I am SO glad to be out of there. Left in better condition than I went in except for the VEIN THE NURSE BLEW MY LAST NIGHT THERE BY GIVING ME A SHOT OF PHENERGAN WITHOUT DILUTING IT!!!!! I cried for 30 min. from that dang shot and my hand is still swollen and red. Now that I am home, I am feeling better and am able to sleep. I still don't want to eat and that has me concerned. I really think I should have had an unfill before surgery. It probably would have made my recovery easier.

Good luck to everyone! Keep focused!:laugh:

Ooh Crzytchr,

I have been wondering about you and I am glad that you are feeling well enough to get on LBT and post. I'm so sorry to hear about the mystery infection and the blown vein - ouch!!!!! However, I am glad that you have made it back home and are on the path of recovery. Keep on it and we will keep you and your recovery on our thoughts.

About the eating - Have you tried eating and can you keep anything down? if you cant keep anything down, then then we may have an issue. However, if you just dont have the appetite - well, with all you have been going through, that's something likely. So that makes it the somewhat good news. It sounds like you have nausea. Are you taking anti-nausea meds? For me, after every procedure, I tend to have nausea and really have NO appetite. I'm hoping this is what it is!!! Give it a couple of days and you will feel like a NEW WOMAN!!

Do you have sugar free hot chocolate in the house??

Wishing you good health!!! Keep posting and you are in our thoughts!!

Tabitha

Edited by Tabithan

I did GREAT yesterday. The first day I have stuck to Lapband rules in FOREVER. I even drank all of my Water and measured my food. I am so proud of myself....

But now back to earth, today is another day...so far so good.

I did GREAT yesterday. The first day I have stuck to Lapband rules in FOREVER. I even drank all of my Water and measured my food. I am so proud of myself....

But now back to earth, today is another day...so far so good.

Whowhooooooooooooop!!! Great job White!!! I am really excited.!!! What a great way to start the new year!! ;)

Are you recording what you eat on a journal or online, such as fitday.com? How many calories are you sticking to??

So great that you got your Water in!! that's one area I am really struggling with!!!

Nice work!! Two thumbs up!!!:laugh: