Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

ok maybe i should call the dr as i can only drink about 8ozs the whole day and feel very tight.

I am drinking my Protein drink, Jello, Water, Soup all day long. I am getting in all my liquids. The more you get in your liquids and walk the gas goes away. Good luck to everyone.

hello everyone,

how is everyone doing these days. thought we were gonna stay in touch. anywho was wondering if anyone is experiencing this. yesterday went shopping yes it was alot of store, when i got to the last one i was so tired and sore midway through i couldnt hardly walk i was bent over like an old lady. came home took meds and layed down for a few hrs. them was all better. does anyone get that pain on the left side, feels like pullin. the liquid has picked up some thank god. i go on tuesday for my l wk appointment. so will let everyone know how that went. hope everyone will do the same.

I'm doing pretty good. Yesterday I went out also to do some minor shopping. Stopped at a Dollar General and walked around with my daughter as she held the basket to put things in. I was getting really dizzy and was having really bad heartburn. Right after that we went to the grocery store. I did alot better there as I was pushing a cart. When we got home, I crashed. My back was killing me, as well as my incisions. I took some pain meds, took a two hour nap and woke up feeling great. Today is another good day.

So far I'm down 10 pounds this week plus 5 pounds from my 10 day pre-op diet. It's all really starting to make every pain SOOO worth it when I step on the scale. I know that the weight loss will slow down when I start eating normal food again. As long as it doesn't come back, I'm okay with it slowing down.

I've been on a full liquid diet. Today I was able to add in baked potato (no skin), melted lf cheese and cottage cheese. For lunch I had 1/2 a small baked potatoe with a tablespoon of shredded cheese melted on it. I ate about 1/2 of it and was stuffed. I was surprised that I couldn't eat 1/2 of it.

I know that my stomach pouch is pretty tight right now. Although the doctor didn't put the usual 3cc's in my band as he does to his other patients. He said my band was already very tight because of the amount of fat around my stomach. As that fat starts to disappear, then he'll need to add in some saline. He told my husband that I have a 42" belt on a 40" waist. Very tight. I can really feel that also.

It's been an usual feeling, feeling full all the time. I think I've only been hungry once. All I deal with now is cravings - even then they aren't all that bad. I'm just craving pizza right now. Weird since I never really craved pizza in the past.

Sorry I haven't been updating here much. I have a blog - Start Enjoying Life where I have been blogging each day. Feel free to check it out and subscribe to get my updates.

Hello I was banded the same day as you and yes I feel the same pain on the side that you do if I do too much. I overdid it alittle yesterday and today I a feeling alot better. I am going back to work on Tuesday just for a few hours. Its nice to be able to share with people that are going through the same thing. Take care.

I went grocery shopping today and by time I got home and put everything away I was exhausted. Thank goodness all my shopping was done before surgery. I am going to try to go to the gym tomorrow and walk on the treadmill. It is too cold here to walk outside. I still feel tightness in the band area. I think mine is still some gas. I am so looking forward to getting some energy back and eat some food. I am still on liquids. I go to my doctor on tues. Hope we all getting better and lighter everyday.

i was banded on friday and doing well, I am going shopping today but will use the carts if need be at Walmart. we live in a small town so our jcpenny's is super small so will just walk that one and gliks too im sure today.

i think you go under quick links then stroll down to edit signiture i should be there save it again and that should work. now how are you feeling, yes the cart would be a good ideal. i to have some shopping to do still. i have just been resting lately. well take care and keep me posted on how things are going we miss you on the weightloss challenge.:):scared2::biggrin:

having trouble getting my weight loss counter back on.. advice anyone?? thanks Julie
i was banded on friday and doing well, I am going shopping today but will use the carts if need be at Walmart. we live in a small town so our jcpenny's is super small so will just walk that one and gliks too im sure today.

hey guys i was so excited to see everyone had wrote. for you auggies i went a head and checked out ya blog its nice. haven't learned how to do that part yet,wasn't that the worst pain you ever felt. it freaked me out so bad it was sad. but, im all better i kno next time to push the cart or ride the mobile one. its funny you know i miss the gym. i go for my 1 wk. post opt appointment in the morning so i will see whats going on. and gonna ask the dr. about the gym even if its just walking on the treadmill.:biggrin: hey mroseharvey and laurel how r ya doing these days. i to cant wait for the energy to come back. so is everyone still on the liquid phase of the diet. i kno your not auggie you have moved up. what about the rest of u. im still on it till tom. but, this is how mines looks Clear Liquids for the 1st two days then full liquid for a wk. them by that time your at the drs. then he moves u to pureed foods like baby food consistancey thats for a wk or so then soft foods 3 to 6 wks after. whats everyones else plan like.

I'm doing pretty good. Yesterday I went out also to do some minor shopping. Stopped at a Dollar General and walked around with my daughter as she held the basket to put things in. I was getting really dizzy and was having really bad heartburn. Right after that we went to the grocery store. I did alot better there as I was pushing a cart. When we got home, I crashed. My back was killing me, as well as my incisions. I took some pain meds, took a two hour nap and woke up feeling great. Today is another good day.

So far I'm down 10 pounds this week plus 5 pounds from my 10 day pre-op diet. It's all really starting to make every pain SOOO worth it when I step on the scale. I know that the weight loss will slow down when I start eating normal food again. As long as it doesn't come back, I'm okay with it slowing down.

I've been on a full liquid diet. Today I was able to add in baked potato (no skin), melted lf cheese and cottage cheese. For lunch I had 1/2 a small baked potatoe with a tablespoon of shredded cheese melted on it. I ate about 1/2 of it and was stuffed. I was surprised that I couldn't eat 1/2 of it.

I know that my stomach pouch is pretty tight right now. Although the doctor didn't put the usual 3cc's in my band as he does to his other patients. He said my band was already very tight because of the amount of fat around my stomach. As that fat starts to disappear, then he'll need to add in some saline. He told my husband that I have a 42" belt on a 40" waist. Very tight. I can really feel that also.

It's been an usual feeling, feeling full all the time. I think I've only been hungry once. All I deal with now is cravings - even then they aren't all that bad. I'm just craving pizza right now. Weird since I never really craved pizza in the past.

Sorry I haven't been updating here much. I have a blog - Start Enjoying Life where I have been blogging each day. Feel free to check it out and subscribe to get my updates.

Hello I was banded the same day as you and yes I feel the same pain on the side that you do if I do too much. I overdid it alittle yesterday and today I a feeling alot better. I am going back to work on Tuesday just for a few hours. Its nice to be able to share with people that are going through the same thing. Take care.
I went grocery shopping today and by time I got home and put everything away I was exhausted. Thank goodness all my shopping was done before surgery. I am going to try to go to the gym tomorrow and walk on the treadmill. It is too cold here to walk outside. I still feel tightness in the band area. I think mine is still some gas. I am so looking forward to getting some energy back and eat some food. I am still on liquids. I go to my doctor on tues. Hope we all getting better and lighter everyday.

Hey everyone, I'm new here but I had surgery on the 15th too. I'm doing really well, I have practically no pain (except when I lay on my port side, that hurts a bit) and my incisions are looking good. I had my 1 week appt today with my doctor and he said I can start adding solid foods at my discretion. Chew, chew, chew!

I've lost 7 pounds since my surgery and 15 pounds since my 1 week pre-op liquid diet. Glad to see you guys are doing well too, keep up the good work.

Hello everyone I had my first post op doctors appointment today and everything went well I am down 7 lbs. I had no pre-op diet to do. He said I am to stay on strained liquids one more week and than on mushy foods for 2 weeks. All in all I am feeling pretty good just alittle sore if I over do it. GOOD LUCK everyone.

hi allie im so happy to see you join in on our little family. i just posted a message to you telling you about our group and here you are. welcome, welcome. i go tomorrow for my 1 wk appointment i feel excited to see how things are going and i guess have alittle more things added in. i will moving to the pureed phase like baby food type texture. think id rather stick with the liquid. but, i can have scrambled eggs, pudding, yogurt, grits, opmeal. and im excited about that. oh hell i really just want to see if i lost any weight. and great job mrosehavey. what is your name. that is to die for. in really 6 days now if only it stayed like that. but, has anyone thought how we are going to look this time next year. i cant wait. its only been a wk and it was so worth it. i think i will start posting a question a day or a wk for us to think about and responde to just to keep us together and posting as some of us it really helps to have a place to go and people to talk to or just some thing to read. i just like to hear what others think. and of course i like that we share the same date.:smile: i hope everyone keeps posting . well family cross ya fingers for me. will let you all kno in the afternoon as i go at 10am. talk to everyone later.

Hey everyone, I'm new here but I had surgery on the 15th too. I'm doing really well, I have practically no pain (except when I lay on my port side, that hurts a bit) and my incisions are looking good. I had my 1 week appt today with my doctor and he said I can start adding solid foods at my discretion. Chew, chew, chew!

I've lost 7 pounds since my surgery and 15 pounds since my 1 week pre-op liquid diet. Glad to see you guys are doing well too, keep up the good work.

Hello everyone I had my first post op doctors appointment today and everything went well I am down 7 lbs. I had no pre-op diet to do. He said I am to stay on strained liquids one more week and than on mushy foods for 2 weeks. All in all I am feeling pretty good just alittle sore if I over do it. GOOD LUCK everyone.

Welcome aboard Allie. China I am doing much better. Still not as strong as I would like to be. I go to the doctors at 2:30pm today. I am hoping to be able to go to muchies. I am enjoying the weight loss of the Liquid Protein but not in love with the taste. I do have 1 I like but the rest I tolerate. I did go the the gym yesterday and walked a mile on the treadmill. Today I did a 2 mile workout tape I had at home. I was told to walk so I can't see how I would do any harm. I really love doing Water arobics and am hoping to be able to get back to that next week. I will post my official post-op weight loss later. Hope everyone has a Great holiday. Laurel

Thanks for the welcome.

China, good luck today at the doctor, I'll be sending good vibes your way. As for your question about what I'll look like next year, I'm actually thinking about what I'll look like in just 3 months. The weight is coming off way faster than I thought and I know it's going to start slowing down soon but at one week and one day out of surgery and my BMI is now under 35, I would no longer be considered a candidate for lap band, that is crazy!

I can't wait till Jan 15, I made a sheet with all my measurements, my weight and then I took a picture of myself (front view and side view) and I'm going to update it once a month. I never thought I would be looking forward to taking my measurements.