Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21-30-51 Excercise Challenge 4 12/08 Bandsters!

ok.. i did it.

i went to the gym!!

it was comical.. i can't believe being fat has led me to have a social phobia..its not who I am!! i was procratinating looking in the back of my trunk for my Water bottle and trying to muster up courage to walk in.. i just took a beep breathe and marched in there...

it was fine..no one cared... i recomend it to everyone (LOL)

did 20 min on eliptical and 25 on the treadmill (walking).. very slowly..back was aching... havent worked out in ages.. felt good to sweat!!! think i got a walkers high!! hope i can move tomorrow!!

thanks rosey for the challenge.....now somebody needs to rally and make me go tomorrow!

That is beyond great that you went in there and not only did you stay in the gym but you stayed and worked out!!! A big congrats to you on doing that. It is the right move to get in there and to work out. The more we can do now before our surgery the better off we will be for our surgery and the better off we will be AFTER our surgery.

I am not sure how well I would have been in getting out and walking after my surgery if I didn't get myself moving before hand. I really thought about it and it came down to this. If I am sore from walking now and it tires me out now how would I be after having the operation when my body is trying to recover. So with that thought I have pushed myself to get used to walking nightly and to getting out and doing more. :cursing:

Thank -you, FPete, Trina & Bandtastic, anyone else who has gotten out there to walk & move! Perhaps we will do another one after everyone is banded and healed, ready to start moving again!

I just wanted to share, I have not been as faithful as I would have like to been, to walk everyday, but I did get in 90min+ per week, and when I went to Home Depot yesterday(large store to get around in) I could actually feel the difference in my back and legs, stronger and energetic! So we are allll walking into surgery with ready hearts to get healthy and then walking the lbs right off!:cursing:

hi all just wanted to put my 2 cents in. i joined the gym and workout 5 days a wk. i try and go on the wk. ends but, cant always go. i workout for 1.5hrs.

what i do.

treadmill 35-45mins

spuats 15x2sets

bike 5 mins

eliptical 5-7mins

butt machine 15x2sets

thigh machine (inner & outer) 15x5sets

use to do the weights stop until after surgery.

before this i never excerised except the fork to my mouth. but, i must say it feels great. i look at it as my time for me, helping me get better. and im not a little person either. it was hard when i started but, i dont give up. its better now, i see those twinkies in there and i dont care im not there for them.

when i started at the gym i was 432 that was a mouthful. now im 394 an proud, working my way down to a smaller and healthier women.

what ever everyone has to do to drop them lbs do it. if the gym is not for you right now workout at home or where ever. any movement is good movement. im pround of the steps we all have made in getting healthier. see u all at the finish line

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches