Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

ddgalarza,

What style is the dress? If it's a very fitted dress, you indeed do have a dilemma...since they said they can only take it in two sizes, I'd order the size 16, and then if you go down to a 12, you'll still be okay.

Sounds like you are moving along very well with your weight loss, but there's really no way to determine how much more you will lose. Heaven forbid you have a slow period! :blink:

If the dress is not really fitted tight to the body, a size different won't matter a whole lot - if you are smaller than the dress by more than two sizes, taking it in two sizes will make it better, but not perfect.

At least you don't have to worry about them having to let it OUT! :thumbdown:

With your weight loss as of now, how many sizes have you gone down?

I would guesstimate going down a size for every 2-3 months if you average 6-8 lbs lost per month (it's been almost 30 pounds for me and I'm still wearing the same size...well I CAN still wear the same size). If you order a 16 you can have it altered down to a 12 or a 14. Or if you've been losing well and have gone down a few sizes since surger, order a 14. Just remember the smaller you are, the quicker a loss will show in your clothes. This is only my opinion! :thumbdown:

I just want to buy a 16 dress for my son's graduation at the end of the month. I just got another .4 cc fill today so maybe that will kick-start things. I've lost 16 pounds since March 6, after not even losing 15 pounds in the first 4 months total! So--maybe that's a sign that I'll be able to get into a smaller size by then...???

Let us know what you decide!

Crystal

heres the link for the dress if you'd like to take a look.

After Six Bridesmaid Style 6553: The Dessy Group

Its an A-line which works in my benefit and these are the size to measurement reccommendations from the designer.

14: Bust 40 Waist 32 Hip 42

16: Bust 41.5 Waist 33.5 Hip 43.5

18: Bust 43.5 Waist 35.5 Hip 45.5

I'm measuring Bust 42 Wasit 36 Hip 50

when I started this Whole journey I was 280 and I size 24, I'm at 207 now and in a size 16....So I don't know. I'm leaning towards the 14, but that is a huge, costly and potentialy disaterous chance to take! The 16 might be the safer bet.

Very nice dress.

For me, when I got married, I was a size 18 and had to order a size 22 and have everything massively taken in to accomodate my boobs. :thumbdown: That did not make me feel good. I have since had some of them removed!!! :blink:

Hi Everyone,

It's official, I'm down 103 pounds since November when I had my operation. The wife is down 52 pounds, we had our surgery on the same day.

I had someone ask how I did it and I have to say that it was exercise and diet. I watch the carbs and calories very closely and exercise for an hour each day. It's not easy but it has paid off. I have another 13 pounds to go to my initial goal and I think I'll make that by early June.

My exercise is at level 12 (max) and I walk at a 3 MPH pace. The schedule, first thing in the morning, is to walk three 20 minute miles on the old treadmill while I watch the news or something interesting on TV. It's boring but it works wonders for the old body. I'm wearing waist size 36 jeans now, down from 46 and I think I may get down to a size 34 waist by June. I have to admit the last 10 pounds have been very slow in coming off but I'll keep at it!

wppHimN.png?1241550802

Well, I'm sucking swampwater. After a ten pound weight loss every month, I've only lost 5 this month. Entirely my fault as I have not been consistent at the gym, put my neck out four weeks ago and it took two weeks to recover. I went and bought an elliptical and have been back on it consistently the last week, but nothings moving. I'm scheduled for a fill on Thursday, so I'm going to go ahead and go in and have a little put in. My band is pretty inconsistent, sometimes I can eat quite a bit, sometimes two bites has me heaving. On the upside.....I brought all my old clothes out of the attic, and tried on jeans this weekend.....some of which I haven't been able to wear for years were baggy and needed a belt! YAY! I'm the lightest I've been in nearly ten years (rotten kids!).

Help! I'm struggling! I have about 5.25 in my band after several fills. My doc only fills every 4-6 weeks and only small fills. The 1st week of this last fill was great and seemed perfect. Then all of sudden it seems like everything opens up and I can eat a ton. Now, today 2 weeks later it seems like most everything gets stuck. However, when it's not getting stuck, I can eat too much!

Do I continue to get fills? Is this normal? Do you guys experience this "stuck" stuff. It's like I just don't know what to eat anymore. However, I've only had a couple of complete PB's. I usually stop eating immediately and work through the episode. Is the "sweet spot" how I felt that first week of my fill but it actually lasts instead of going away? I'm very frustrated...very little weight loss since January. I always seem to lose that first week of fill and then gain it back as soon as the fill wears off.

Any advice would be great!

P.S. Banded 11/21/08

I'm in the same boat as you. Struggling. Just got a reply to a previous post which was insightful. Its under the thread "Fills and delayed Restrictions". In brief, it was suggested to remember the band is a tool, find a plan to follow and get moving.

I HAVE A DELIMMA!!!!!

Ok Novembers, heres the deal. I'm in a wedding in October (6months away) but the dresses have to ordered like within the next week. The dresses will take anywhere from 3-4 months to arrive which is why they have to ordered so early. What in the worl am I supossed to do? The dresses can be altered only 2 sizes down. So what do I do? I took my measurements and according to the bridal consultant I'm slightly smaller than the size 18 dress....but with only room to to alter 2 sizes....I am so frustrated. I know I'm not going to order the 18, but how small to go with out completely sabotaging myself? Any suggestions! Advice?!?!?!?

Unless you are huge in the bust area, you should go with a size 14 I think. Oct is quite a ways off and you will lose a lot more by then. I have been a bit frustrated with buying clothes and having them get too big (especially jeans). It seems like every 10 - 15 pounds drops another size. Also, I did read that formal dresses can be made a bit larger if needed, but I bet you might be a 12 by Oct.

Well, I'm sucking swampwater. After a ten pound weight loss every month, I've only lost 5 this month. Entirely my fault as I have not been consistent at the gym, put my neck out four weeks ago and it took two weeks to recover. I went and bought an elliptical and have been back on it consistently the last week, but nothings moving. I'm scheduled for a fill on Thursday, so I'm going to go ahead and go in and have a little put in. My band is pretty inconsistent, sometimes I can eat quite a bit, sometimes two bites has me heaving. On the upside.....I brought all my old clothes out of the attic, and tried on jeans this weekend.....some of which I haven't been able to wear for years were baggy and needed a belt! YAY! I'm the lightest I've been in nearly ten years (rotten kids!).

I'm satisfied with a 1-1 1/2 pound a week loss now. I have only had two fills and some days can eat quite a bit in the afternoon/evening, but I just don't like to be so restricted that I easily get stuck on foods. It takes me 30 minutes to eat solid Protein as it is and it's lots of work!!! I'll just try to be patient unless I get ravenous.

Hi Everyone,

It's official, I'm down 103 pounds since November when I had my operation. The wife is down 52 pounds, we had our surgery on the same day.

I had someone ask how I did it and I have to say that it was exercise and diet. I watch the carbs and calories very closely and exercise for an hour each day. It's not easy but it has paid off. I have another 13 pounds to go to my initial goal and I think I'll make that by early June.

My exercise is at level 12 (max) and I walk at a 3 MPH pace. The schedule, first thing in the morning, is to walk three 20 minute miles on the old treadmill while I watch the news or something interesting on TV. It's boring but it works wonders for the old body. I'm wearing waist size 36 jeans now, down from 46 and I think I may get down to a size 34 waist by June. I have to admit the last 10 pounds have been very slow in coming off but I'll keep at it!

wppHimN.png?1241550802

That's amazing!!

heres the link for the dress if you'd like to take a look.

After Six Bridesmaid Style 6553: The Dessy Group

Its an A-line which works in my benefit and these are the size to measurement reccommendations from the designer.

14: Bust 40 Waist 32 Hip 42

16: Bust 41.5 Waist 33.5 Hip 43.5

18: Bust 43.5 Waist 35.5 Hip 45.5

I'm measuring Bust 42 Wasit 36 Hip 50

when I started this Whole journey I was 280 and I size 24, I'm at 207 now and in a size 16....So I don't know. I'm leaning towards the 14, but that is a huge, costly and potentialy disaterous chance to take! The 16 might be the safer bet.

It is really nice. what color will you be wearing? I thought you said before that you were a size 18 now. If you are a 16 now, you certainly want to get a smaller size.

Hi Everyone,

wppHimN.png?1241550802

Denny - you have done an AMAZING job...I'm only down 37 since starting - you've gotten TRIPLE the results that I have! Way to go!

You inspire me - now I think I'll reset my goals and get my butt in gear! :thumbsup: