Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now that's it's been around 9 months since our banding, how are you doing?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Now that's it's been around 9 months since our banding, how are you doing?

• Still losing at a good pace.
    • Losing but it's up and down.
    • It's plateau time.
    • Gaining...grrrrrr!

Rhapsody - It's great to see you around again. Sorry to hear about your overfill problem. That doesn't sound fun at all. Keep on swimming.

I've been away for a couple days. We had my husband's mother and his brother here for Thanksgiving and I couldn't get to my computer at all. That's a first.

Thanks Ezma, it's great to hear from you too (((Warm Hugs)))

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I had a fabulous one here, I actually ate too much, but also had fun with my family - we love getting together and playing games. Now I'm ready to bring on Christmas! :thumbup:

It does feel weird being without a computer for a few days, doesn't it? I know I'm addicted to mine, and long to get back on it when I've been away awhile.

I've been out and about and haven't had time to come to the board. I am still going strong, although the weight loss has slowed to about half a pound a month, mmmm, in other words nearly non-existent. I'm not complaining, I am thrilled with my results so far and I am not gaining weight like I have after previous diet attempts.

I have actually had the energy to go shopping and do other things that I have not previously had the energy or desire to attempt so that is a great NSV.

Glad to hear everyone else is plodding along, We've come a long way in the last year.

Happy Holidays to all.

Love ya!

Hello StLouisGal,

I just wanted to comment on what you wrote about shopping. I too have the energy to shop this year (too bad not as much money, lol) . . . but it is SO different from this time last year. I remember one day in particular, when it was really cold out - my hubby and I parked far back from the mall (those bad shopping crowds!), and we had to hustle across the parking lot, in some very bitter cold winds. By the time we got to the mall, I had to sit down, I was so out of breath. Then I started to panic attack - I felt like everyone was staring at the "fat lady" who can't even walk without getting out of breath. I really started to feel sick to my stomach, my heart was racing - all of which just escalated my anxiety. I told my husband I couldn't stay - we had to leave. I felt like I was gonna throw-up. Luckily I have a very kind husband who was very understanding - he didn't make me feel bad, he just went and got the truck, pulled it up to the entrance so I wouldn't have to walk back across the parking lot again. I was afraid to go shopping again (especially malls) for a long time.

Ouch, painful memory. But it really makes it all the more sweet this year, when I can zoom across the parking lot without a problem, stay on my feet for hours, and any anxiety is non-existent. It amazes me what a difference a year has made. Truly one of the best NSVs, but not so good on the money! :thumbup:

I'm plodding along too - weight loss has slowed to about a pound every other week. Not so good, but I'll never be giving up this fight! If I have to swim uphill then that's what I'll do.

Hang in there with us - love you too!

Have a Very Merry Christmas (or whatever you Celebrate :lol:)

Oh Rhap, take the pound every two weeks and praise it. It seems take most of our weight loss has slowed way, way down, stopped or in some cases, like mine right now, reversed to a gain. You're doing great and even just 2 pounds a month off will get you to your goal over time.

I am also enjoying shopping much more this year. It's so much easier to move thru the crowds and I don't get tired nearly as fast as I used to before lap band. I just need to find more time to actually get things done or we'll miss Christmas.

Oh Rhap, take the pound every two weeks and praise it. It seems take most of our weight loss has slowed way, way down, stopped or in some cases, like mine right now, reversed to a gain. You're doing great and even just 2 pounds a month off will get you to your goal over time.

Thanks Ezma, you're absolutely right, I should be thankful for any weight loss right now. I'm sorry to hear about your reversal to a gain - I hope it changes for you soon! It is such a struggle for all of us right now. But we're still in it together :girl_hug:

I saw your post regarding the "marriage phase" of the band - that's a good analogy. I agree. As long as it doesn't end in a divorce, :thumbup: I'm content to be happily married to by band. Well - some of that honeymoon stuff back would be nice. :tt2: Maybe at the start of the new year we'll find some motivation again, when everyone seems to be dieting & exercising, 'cus we're all thinking about Spring coming. Well, I know it's bad to think of this lap-band as a diet - it's not - I know it's a life style change for good.

Do you think maybe this time of the year has something to do with it too? The shorter days, the longer nights, I've heard somewhere that can slow metabolism. Like we all just wanna eat, put on weight, and hibernate. :smile2: I know with the cold dark Michigan days, it's tough to exercise as much. I have no excuse 'cus I have a treadmill in the house, but I know I got more exercise during those summer (the honeymoon!) months. It didn't get dark until after 9pm. I used to go for long bike rides then. Now it's dark around 4:30pm, and lots of snow here in Michigan. Cold and dark. Yeah, it makes me wanna sleep, lol. :thumbup:

Anyway - let's enjoy the Holidays, and hope for some new enthusiam in the coming New Year!

(((Warm Hugs)))

Hello everyone,

I have been gone for a while. Major depression...It looks like I'm heading toward a divorce:( We are starting counseling next month. I have been a slow loser any way and have had problems with PBing at least 2 times a week. This marriage thing started in October, and I have gained 5 pounds since then.. I feel like a failure all the way around. I have put up with alot of emotional and mental abuse for quite a while and have decided that I'm not going to put up with it. He needs to change and I also have things I need to work on too. It's still sad since we have two boys almost three and four eary next year. I don't want them living in an unhappy home and I want to be happy.

Anyway, I've started on anxiety and depression meds. I've just been so sad. I have not been eating at all and if I do it's been bad foods.

I really need to start losing again and start journaling my food. I have not had a fill since August and am not scheduled until the 23rd of this month. I REALLY need a fill too, so that does not help.

I have just been so out if it and and really nervous about seeing my Doctor... I'm afraid I'm going to get the third degree about my weight loss.

Thank you for listening.

Hey Blessed. I feel your pain my dear, feel it well. It's so hard for me to even care about losing weight and being healthy right now. It will work itself out in time just try to hang in there until you can feel motivated again. If you can keep it to no loss/no gain you'll be doing great.

Very sorry to hear things are rocky there. You'll do what's right for you and the kids now. I'll glad you're standing up for what you need in a relationship and family. Even though it hurts like hell, it will be much better in the future, one way or another. Hang in there and know many of us will be thinking of you and praying for you.

My relationship is crap now too..I wonder if its something that happens as we lose the weight...our focus shift to us a little and our partners can't handle not being the center of our world...

Hello my Double V's..

Ya..I'm another one that's been MIA. So sorry as I really do miss all of you! I've definitely settled into life with band. I'm still losing slowly and love the fact that I don't even really think about food. I had a slight episode of being overfilled but got that taken care of pretty quickly. I'm thrilled with my loss so far and am crossing my fingers that 2009 is the year I get pregnant!! Happy Holidays to everyone!!

-Amy

Do you think maybe this time of the year has something to do with it too? The shorter days' date=' the longer nights, I've heard somewhere that can slow metabolism. Like we all just wanna eat, put on weight, and hibernate. :smile2: Anyway - let's enjoy the Holidays, and hope for some new enthusiam in the coming New Year![/quote']

I will jump on any excuse, and so SURE, it is the fault of the weather! Works for me! Seriously I think there may be something in that theory - I have no energy and an insatiable appetite.

. Major depression...It looks like I'm heading toward a divorce:( Thank you for listening.

Blessed Twice. I am so sorry for your situation. Do what is right for you and your children. Be strong. We are always here so keep checking in. (((Hugs))))

It's so hard for me to even care about losing weight and being healthy right now. It will work itself out in time just try to hang in there until you can feel motivated again.

Words to live by Ezma. I hope you are doing ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby.

Hello my Double V's..

Ya..I'm another one that's been MIA. So sorry as I really do miss all of you! I've definitely settled into life with band. I'm still losing slowly and love the fact that I don't even really think about food. I had a slight episode of being overfilled but got that taken care of pretty quickly. I'm thrilled with my loss so far and am crossing my fingers that 2009 is the year I get pregnant!! Happy Holidays to everyone!!

-Amy

I hope you get your wish, Amy. And I am delighted to see you back posting.

To all my fellow VVs...happy Hanakkuh, merry Christmas, seasons greetings. May you all enjoy peace and fellowship.