Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now that's it's been around 9 months since our banding, how are you doing?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Now that's it's been around 9 months since our banding, how are you doing?

• Still losing at a good pace.
    • Losing but it's up and down.
    • It's plateau time.
    • Gaining...grrrrrr!

Just wondering where everyone is now. Wondering if we're all following some natural course of weight loss or if it's very personal.

I still have almost a full month before I can say "9 months". I got banded at the very end of February... And I'm still stuck at 60 lbs weightloss. I think it will be slow and steady from here on out for me. But, that's fine. I don't ever want another 7 week plateau again, but heck, I'm happy with the 60 lbs so far.

Hi everyone!! I am just coming off a month long plataeu, but I think that I am doing okay. I need to get my butt off the couch and start excersising or I am going to have lots of hanging skin. Last week I got sick and stayed in bed for 2 days and woke up to find I lost 3lbs. Unfortuneately, they found their way back and brought a friend!

Can you believe how far we have come? It is amazing!

RSG, you say that you are a slow loser, but I can tell in your myspace pics that you have lost! You look happy!

No one here is a loser! We started at different weights at different heights with different bone/body compositions. We have different sized bands, different restriction levels, different goals and certainly different lifestyles. All of these things mean we will lose weight at different speeds...the key is, we ARE losing!

Celebrate your 35 pounds gone, SMS!!!

Yay to all VV's!!!

Mine has slowed down to about 5 lbs a month, which is actually kind of a good thing, I feel like a huge ball of sagging skin. I am hoping that it will tighten up a bit with some of the weight training, at least in the non surgical areas.

Hi everyone!! I am just coming off a month long plataeu, but I think that I am doing okay. I need to get my butt off the couch and start excersising or I am going to have lots of hanging skin. Last week I got sick and stayed in bed for 2 days and woke up to find I lost 3lbs. Unfortuneately, they found their way back and brought a friend!

Can you believe how far we have come? It is amazing!

RSG, you say that you are a slow loser, but I can tell in your myspace pics that you have lost! You look happy!

Ahhhh, Your the sweetest.

2/26/08 was my surgery date and I have lost a total of 75 lbs (15 lb preop and only 1 lbs in 8 wks). I'm not complaining because I know where I went wrong.....lots of emotional stress which leads to eating and no exercise!! After getting my fill last week, I starting to make better choices.

hey guys,

it's been a while since i've posted. i was on a major plateau...but i had an unfill due to esophageal erosions. now i'm back on track but the band is really touchy. i haven't had good restriction in so long that my slow to learn self is pb'ing....i don't think i'm too tight, because i can drink Water pretty rapidly....but gee i forgot how to handle portions and chew-not-gulp...

the great news is that i am 16 pounds from onederland!

i can't believe i started this at 289 and now am 216...it doesn't seem possible....i make so many mistakes with my band, and she just hangs in there with my stubborn slow to learn self! I have people ask me if the band is to be removed later....i find myself being more willing to give up a kidney than my patient and wonderful band!

i am filled with gratitude after having come off this 2 1/2 month plateau...and finding that if i work with it, it still works with me....

to all of us on this journey...i wish peace...for me one day at a time is sometimes too much...right now it's one meal at a time.....

this is thanksgiving for me!!

amanda aka peabody

Hi all,

I havent been here in a very long time because of DEPRESSION!!!! I was losing at a steady pace until my gallbladder went "belly-up" in May and had to be removed and i had to have a total unfill, grr! Well lets just say I went from steady loss to slow loser to plateaued to GAINING!

I was so depressed I ate and canceled my fill appts because I didnt want my doctor to know I had gained weight. So i wallowed in self pity for about 2 months! I finally called him and made a fill appt(TIME TO FACE THE MUSIC) for Friday at 1pm. Now that I have come back to LBT and actually admitted my gain I guess I can get back on the "train" and start losing again.

Thanks for reading and I hoped your not disappointed in me.

Teary-eyed but hopefull

WE are NOT disappointed in you. You experienced an unusual event and it took a toll (physically and emotionally). That was then. This is now. You are past it. You have taken the steps to address it, and it's back on track.

Welcome back. Keep visiting us - we need each other!

taismommy, This is my first time back here in months and months because of depression. I feel your pain. *hug* I am still *barely* maintaining the 30 pound loss I had right after the surgery when I was on liquids. I have enough restriction now and I'm barely eating a thousand calories a day but something is really wrong with me. There is no way a normal human body can maintain 300 pounds on 1000 or 1500 (on a bad day) calories a day!

I canceled my appointment for November too because I didn't want to go in to my surgeon and come out crying again because he treats me like I'm a liar. :cool: