Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Average age of a Bandster?

At what age did you get banded?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. At what age did you get banded?

• Teens
    • Twenties
    • Thirties
    • Fourties
    • Fifties
    • Sixties
    • Other

Hey my Bandster friends!

I'm 28 and have decided that now is the right time for me to get banded. During the symposium I went to they mentioned how much better the band is for people of all ages and it got me curious - At what age did you get banded? Also - would you have done it sooner if you could?

Comments and advice are always appreciated!!!

Edited by Kellster

Thanks for the poll Kelster!! I have been wondering the same thing. I was banded when I was 46. I wish this option had been available 15 years ago when I was SURE that I had failed at every diet out there and just gave up.

I didn't have a band, but I had WLS and I was 51.

I was 49 when I was banded. I would do it again in a heart beat. If it would have been around 29 yrs. ago I would of had it done then. I LOVE 36_3_3.gif 36_3_9.gifmy band.

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

Kellster:

I found out about lap band in January 2007. I was banded in July 2007. I was 47 when I was banded. Gone from 324 to 176!

I'd heard about gastric bypass, which I thought was too drastic for me. I wish I'd heard about lap band as soon as they started doing the procedure in the U.S. I feel like I've wasted years.

Now that I have lost the weight I feel 20 years younger. I love my band.

Best wishes to you with your band.

Sue

38. if i could have gotten the band placed to PREVENT the weight gain in the first place - i would have.

In my 50's...and I absolutely would have gotten it decades earlier had it been available...oh those wasted years!!

I'm 33 and going get banded on Nov. 17..still i have question about the whole thing. How many years is it good for? How do I know its right for me?

I am 30 and was banded in May. I would have done it sooner if I could. I had the option of doing it back a few years ago, but didn't do it.

Mid 40's and, like everyone else, would have done it years ago if I'd been in the position to do it. I really regret spending my 30's and early 40's hiding inside the "fat suit". But regrets don't pay the rent, so onward and upward!! (only not on the scales!)

Banded at 23, and would have done it when I was 12 if they had it.

Just turned 36 last week and will be banded a month from today.

I was 57. I needed the band because after I hit menopause I kept gaining and gaining. I weighed 195 lbs the morning I was banded. Ten months later I weighed 147 and looked oh so much better! And although I have always eaten healthily, I began to eat even better than I had before I was banded. The operation was easy to recover from and having the band has been an altogether positive experience for me. It is great to be able to wear nice clothes again.