Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Average age of a Bandster?

At what age did you get banded?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. At what age did you get banded?

• Teens
    • Twenties
    • Thirties
    • Fourties
    • Fifties
    • Sixties
    • Other

I was 32 but wish I would have done it 10 years ago, lol.

I was gonna post the exact same thing!

I was 32 but wish I would of done it MUCH sooner.

I am 51 and I wish I had done this back when I was 30 and went on my first big diet. Except that back then my own choices would be bypass or .... some other surgery that has since been discredited. It wasn't as safe in '89 as it is now either.

So in some ways I'm glad I waited until the right surgery for me came along and also until the industry has progressed to the point where there are lots of choices and the safety factor is much better.

I was 27 and NOT mentally prepared. This resulted in my failing my band. Now I am 29, 5 months away from the big 30 and I am finally (as of a month ago) ready for the band. However, I am still glad I have the band - it has taught me A LOT about myself.

I'm 31 but since being banded am starting to feel 21! I'm smaller than I was at 21 and look better too!

however, I would not have been able to handle the changes that have happened to me at 21 (emotionally, anyway.)

I was 49 when I had my LB in Oct. and so wish I would of had it done sooner. Actually, I didn't hear about this procedure until 2 summers ago and started my 6 month supervised diet then. While waiting for my insurance to o.k. the surgery, in the meantime, from being so overweight I had both my knees replaced Nov. '07 and tore my hip cartlidge while in rehab for the knees. Now I await a hip replacement.

But that's all done and behind me now and I'm on my way to being a healthier, happier person and I'm so thankful to have had this surgery done.

I found out about LapBand when I was 37 and received the surgery the day after my 38th birthday! What a great birthday present!

Hi,

Just wanted to say I was 58 when I was banded in Mexico and I only wish I had done it sooner. Everything has gone well and I am so happy with my surgeon and the follow up care I have had in MI. Would do it all over again.

I was 39 but wish I would have done it 15 years ago, best thing I ever done for myself. I am very happy with my band:thumbup:

Just turned 48 yrs, I would of thought of doing this much earlier, if I wasnt in a state of denial. Somehow, I would look in the mirror and think....Im not that big! When I saw a commerical for the lap-band, I looked it up on the internet, and still wondered could this be for me, even after all the failed diets, the tight clothes, and false excues! I am ready so very ready! Jan. 21st, that is this Wed. Thank you God, that I finally see things as thery are and getting some help!! Good luck to all of us.:wink2:

Banded at age 44. wish I did it sooner.

Got banded at 37, and I am happy with it. I have taken care of everyone else and it was time to take care of me for a change. Loving it.

Banded at 45, now 46 (recent birthday). I wish this had been available (and I had known about it) easily 20 years ago.

I've been fighting my weight since my early teens and if this had been available when I was much more active than now, I think I would not have gained so much weight and be much healthier than I am now.

That said, I'm thrilled to have my band and looking forward to being healthier for the rest of my 40's and beyond! :smile: