Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been reading other peoples messages on this website and decided to join today. I was banded on 9-9-08 in Des Moines by Dr. Cahalon. I was really surprised how much pain I was in after surgery. It took me a week and five days to actually feel better and I was able to take a walk. I had my first fill on Monday October 20th and my doctor put in 3ccs. We had to go down to x-ray b/c he wanted to be sure he was hitting the port(this was after sticking me with the needle two times). I still feel no restriction and am HUNGRY!!!!! I am working out 40 minutes a day and following the four goldren rules but feel that I am at a plateau as far as my weight loss goes. Any suggestions would be wonderful:redface:

Hi Lovebugs,

I was banded 10-21-08 in NY and i can not describe the amount of pain i am still in. I have read so many posts about people having the surgery on Friday and going back to work Monday. I assumed, that it is really not a big deal. And here I am 2 days after the surgery going crazy. I go out and walk twice a day, it is a struggle. I just can not wait when the pain is gone.

Good luck to you! You are not alone:)

Hey guy's but you have to remember everyone is different - I was banded on 9/24/08 and I did not have any pain. Remember you have had major surgery and you body does have to heal. Lovebug are you keeping a food journal? If so call your dietician and review everything with him/her. It could be you are not taking in enough calories/protein - but they would be able to show you the way if it is that. I have not had a fill yet - but I can barely take in 850 calories a day and that bothers me - but then I have to remember I'm only 30 days post-op and that will change.

I use www.myfitnesspal.com to journal all my intake and excerise - and then print it out daily to review - that has really helped me out alot.

One thing I have done is added a snack in the afternoon -- I'll eat a rice cake low fat with 1 or 2 TBS of PB Natural Skippy and that has really helped me out too with the feeling of hunger in the afternoons.

Just keep up the good work!

I was banded 10-13-08, and am just now able to sleep on my side. I find that the heating pad helps A LOT. I also have a elastic back splint that I used to use when lifting heavy things. I find that wearing that helps a lot too when I cinch it up fairly tight.

I am going back to work next week, and am worried about the pain. good luck!

I was banded on 3rd Sept 08. I had, stitch/cramp in the left side when I walked which was really bad for the first week impossible and then it hung around for another 3 weeks after that. It was only uncomfortable when walking, couldn't walk for more than 15 mins. BUT apart from that I felt great. I saw a lot of movies in the first 3 weeks.

I have been keeping a food journal since I got out of the hospital. You may be right I might not be getting in enough calories and my body is in starvation mode. I think it is a mental thing that if I get too many calories I will gain weight and not lose. What did you nutritionist think of you adding a snack. My nutritionist thinks that Snacks are forbidden...don't know what to think yet!

Trust me the pain will get better. I was getting a low grade fever one week out of surgery and thought there was something wrong but the doc. said that was normal b/c my body was healing. Try putting a heating pad on your stomach, it really helped me a lot. I remember the first time I was able to sleep on my side, I was so happy.

I remember the pain! It was bad for about two weeks after the operation, then went quite quickly.

You don't have to put up with pain. See your doctor for pain relief, especially if it affects your sleep, which of course is vital for your body to repair.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches