Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre/Post Surgery Observations

Thank you for sharing - they are some kick ass pics! I wish I had pics of MY band. I must ask my surgeon.... **Makes note to ask Dr at next visit**

And your run down of the first few days of banding were spot on (and funny to boot!)

I didn't get any pix either. I do have a nice pix of my liver though from when I had my gall bladder out. I show it to my mom when I want to gross her out.

Guest JoMama

ROFLMAO. Sweet Jesus! Bobalooey, this is by far one of the funniest yet most informative threads I have ever read, anywhere, ever! Your ongoing saga of the nicked nipple is a laugh and a half. Has it healed yet sweetie?

Glad you were amused. I'ts almost been two weeks since my surgery and my sense of humor is getting sarcastic and cynical as the swelling has subsided and has been replaced with "real" hunger. I'm on mushies now but it just ain't cuttin it, ya know! Heres hoping my first fill (scheduled for Jul 27) will kill some of these hunger pangs.

Had some baby food for the first time today. Man does that stuff really blow!

Force of habit has me opening the refrigerator about 100 times through the night too. I look in, realize I can't have anything in there, close the door, go back and do it again 10 minutes later. Seems the biggest dragon to slay through all of this is in my head, not my gut. I've no doubt now that I couldn't have done this on sheer will power and this band should help protect me from myself.

By the by, my nipple has healed nicely.

Seems the biggest dragon to slay through all of this is in my head, not my gut. I've no doubt now that I couldn't have done this on sheer will power and this band should help protect me from myself.

By the by, my nipple has healed nicely.

Yep, you got it! Once that sinks in it helps...you know who you are fighting. Glad the nipple is better, ouch! :)

Oh those pictures are awesome! I have my consult on Thursday I'm going to ask my doc if he will take pictures for me. LOL My 13 year old would hate it biggrin.gif She fusses because I tend to watch my plastic surgery shows are er type shoes while eating LOL. I told her I'm fine with everyone elses blood just not mine :).

Glad to hear the nipple is healing up well. You should consider the nipple piercing thing now, can't be much worse pain wise and it could be symbolic of your lapband surgery. lick.gif

Melissa

You are hilarious! I was laughing so loud that my 11 yr. old came in the computer room and said "MOM! Some people have to get up for school in the morning, can you please settle down"? OOPS! Bad Mommy, bad.

I'm sorry to hear about your nipple situation. That must of been painful.

Maybe we can start calling you Nickedmybooby instead of Bobalooey? ~just kidding around~:rolleyes:

Once again, thanks for the best laugh it made my night.

Guest JoMama

Bobalooey,

We haven't heard any wittiness from you lately, are you still alive and kicking? I'm scheduled to be banded next month by Dr. Spiegel in Houston and I was curious as to how you were doing with the weight loss and the legendary "nipple nick"?

Bobalooey,

We haven't heard any wittiness from you lately, are you still alive and kicking? I'm scheduled to be banded next month by Dr. Spiegel in Houston and I was curious as to how you were doing with the weight loss and the legendary "nipple nick"?

JoMama & Nancy. I'm still alive and kicking, thanks for asking. JoMama, you chose your surgeon wisely, and his support staff are all professional and will bend over backwards to make your procedure as easy as possible.

On the weight loss side, I'm closing in on 70 pounds lost since June 30, 2005 and I'm feeling great. I've started some good excercise regimen. I play golf twice a week and walk with a hand cart instead of riding the electric carts. That may not sound like a big deal, but it forces me to walk over 4 miles every round and I'm so busy golfing that I don't notice the walk.

The nipple, although now completely healed, scarred over where it was cut and the nipple now points north and watches me shave instead of watching me tie my shoes. I'm thinking about going back to have the other one nicked just so I can have a matched set again. At least half of me now looks like its always excited!

It hasn't been a cake walk though, I've had my share of depressions, PB's, anxiety attacks over what I could have for my next meal, etc. But I'm very happy I did this. I know to have lost this much weight on my own without an assist would have been another futile attempt to conquer the beastie. I'm confident that I can reach goal and I'm satisfied with the 3 - 4 pounds a week loss. I've been able to stop taking the f---ing Wellbutrin XL completely and I'm starting to be able to sleep withing the CPAP. I really have no complaints.