Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Don't like Protein Drinks!!!

I Don't like Protein Drinks!!!.I can't stand the smell or taste anymore:frown:.......

By day 9 post-op I was gagging on them, ......I couldnt get another drink down....

I am making sure I get alot of Protein in from food and hopefully that will be enough.

But can someone recommend some drinks/brands that dont smell or have an aftertaste, also please give me some ideas as far as hiding the taste.

Edited by NIKNIK69

I dont like them either, so I dont drink them.

its perfectly possible to get enough Protein from food, depending on whether you think you need 100 grams a day or not. If your goals are a bit lower, you can eat it for sure.

But try to eat it from healthy low fat sources, not high fat cheeses and deli meats etc.

Ok, do you like chocolate? If so, try the chocolate Hood milk, 8grms of Protein, 5 carbs, 5 fat. I am REALY picky on what I eat and drink, mainly a mind thing, but this is really good. Then go to target of GNC, get the whey Protein Powder, normally 15.99 a bag. One scoop is 28grms of protein, 120 calories. Then blend it up in a blender or magic bullet. Put a little FF whip creme, 1grm carbs for 1tbsp. Enjoy!

hi!

I also had alot of problems with the taste and smell of Protein drinks or powders. Lots of money went down the drain while searching for a "good" one that I never did find. I drink Slim Fast Low Carb which has 20grams of Protein in it. It took me a few days to get use to it because its thicker then Water so it was a little weird but I have been drinking it for almost a year now and I actually look forward to the time of day that I drink it. I would run it past your doctor first but if he is ok with it then in my opinion I think its a good alternative.

Hey there,

I totally understand what you are saying....I use unjury chocolate and it is so good....no Protein smell, no Vitamin smell...just smells like chocolate....they actually advertise on this website.....it is so good that I had 2 co-workers who don't even have the band have me order them some because they liked it so much....if you mix it with 1 cup of fat free milk, it is 180 calories and 28 grams of protein!

Hope that helps...good luck!

I am with you with being burnt out on them what foods are you eating and getting enough Protein. my date was oct 13 so mushy food..

I use Champion Nutrition's pure whey stack chocolate Protein and I love it. I have tried a few different Protein drinks but this is my favorite and I have it at least once/day, often 2 or 3 times. I am not burned out on it yet. My doctor is adamant about having 90 grams protein/day, so I try to make sure I get my Protein in no matter what.

Another brand I tried and loved is Syntha. It is a little more expensive but is really yummy...my favorite flavor is the chocolate Peanut Butter. It is richer than the Champion one I usually use. I use it for dessert, lol.

Having been in sports, I had to use Protein Drinks which generally were a pain and not very good tasting. A friend of mine in the nutrition industry has spent a couple of years developing a new Protein Drink that is easy to use & tastes good. You might want to give it a try. Gotein

Protein Drinks didn't go down easy for me either but I played around with them (3 weeks pre-op liquids) and have found something that works for me. First of all I find Trader Joes 35mg Protein Shakes to be the least offensive. I disolve a tablespoon of decaff coffee in a couple of ounces of hot Water, add 2ablespoons of sugar free amaretto, carmel, irish creme or hazel nut liquid coffee flavoring (Torini or other brands in the coffee section of most stores). Chill the coffe mix and add to choc protien drink, shake well and there you go. It aint Star Bucks but it ain't bad either. I now have no problems getting enough Protein by sippin on my pseudo Mochas.

we have the same surgery date

myoplex ready to drink shakes. I usually buy the 42 oz and drink half in the a.m. and half in pm. I like it because it's chocolatey and smooth to drink unlike powdered drinks, which are way too thick for me especially when my stomach gets swollen. I admit that I often get tired of drinking the same thing, only because the strawberry is way to sweet-tasting for me, but i get my Protein in and its much tolerable in comparison to other Proteins.< /p>