Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:):cursing::rolleyes2::cursing::thumbdown: I'm still in a pissy mood after my nutritionist visit last Wed. She and her nurse were very rude to me (I had to bring my autistic 2 year old because my sitter was in the ER with her dying sister-how inconsiderate of her, right?) and when I told her I'd eaten a small amount of potatoes with chicken broth (because I was freaking starving...I also had 2 soft scrambled eggs the first week and thank god...finally stopped the hunger), she snapped at me. While I know these things weren't on my diet the first week out, I did NOT know how incredibly hungry I would be and how sick of liquids I would become. She also was rude when I told her I walked almost everyday but that I adopted the Susan Powter philosophy which is just keep moving. (I burn over 500 cals a day cleaning house, cars, painting, gardening...I'm not exaggerating) She didn't like the fact I wasn't going to a gym . I, very coldly, informed her going to the gym was out with my son and that I would do the best I could.

Considering my weight loss (and the fact I never had to do the liquid pre-op...only had to lose 4 pounds the week before surgery) I thought I was doing pretty damn well.

For the record, my son dropped a magazine in their fountain before I could catch him. After that, he was fine after I gave him bottles to stack so I assure you he was very good, considering how he usually is. I just didn't want you to think my kid was bouncing off the walls and driving people crazy and that it could have been a reason for their attitude. I will walk out of a place before subjecting anyone to a bad "Liam" day.

I'm seriously thinking about not going back. They mandate I have to go for a year, force me to pay an additional 500 bucks out of pocket (after the 2500 before the surgery-more about that in a sec) and even though it's a 3 hour roundtrip drive, I'm treated like crap.

While I'm on a rant, I take issue with these Doctors forcing us to pay our non covered expenses up front. They file our insurance, calling the procedure 'medically necessary' then when they get paid, they turn around and force us to pay all upfront by saying it's 'an elective' procedure. Bullshit. It's either one or the other and I called them on it. When I have my back surgery later this month, do you think I'm forced to pay up front? NO. Do you know why they make up pay up front? BECAUSE THEY KNOW WE WILL. I don't have a problem with them, or ANY Dr. getting paid, but I don't like the games they play by screwing with the classification of the procedure.

The hospital made me drive up the day before surgery to pay my balance, although I had the cash and planned to bring it the next morning before my surgery (3 hr round trip, remember?). I was late getting it because my mom loaned it to me and had to take it out of her 401k. It wasn't like it was just sitting there in my account. I even offered to come in 30 minutes early and was told to either get it in the day before or don't show up.

Again, sorry for the rant. I just hate being treated badly by people I've forked over 3 grand to in 3 months (then burnt my face...take a look at my profile pics). Thanks for letting me vent.

Do you think I should look closer for fills? What about ditching the nutritionist?

Please be kind...I'm having a REALLY crappy week and I have never wanted a Chik Fil A more in my life.:thumbup:

Banded 10/1/2008

I reckon get them back. Give your son lots of sugar and red cordial and keep him up late the night before you go in next and then be sickly nice to the staff. Sounds like the staff need to pull their heads out of their arses, sorry to be so crude but I just can't handle people like that. Having a two year old is good exercise, I have no kids but when friends come over with kids i'm exhausted and you do heaps around your house. Does this person want you to join the Olympic Marathon team or something. Oh and make sure if you bring your son in next time to give him something very messy and sticky to eat while your there and don't wipe his hands. HEE HEE HEE

Wow what a horrible place and staff, I can't believe they have treated you this way, and I would have told that bitch to shut up.....Some of us don't' have the extra money for gym classes. I wish there was someplace better for you to go too. I can't imagine making you pay the day ahead. I am a bit confused it this self-pay or does your insurance pay for it all? Making you pay ahead sucks. I would write a letter of complaint to the head of the hospital with all the information of your treatment.

Just hang in there and your best revenge is to lose weight and when your finished tell the bitch off....LOL

Your a brave women and a strong one. You are 100% better than they are. Remember that.

Im sorry u had such a bad experience i would of knocked her out for sayin that shit but thats me...im goin thro the same thing with my doctor they had me pay $2,500 the day of surgery which is 500 deductible and 2000 co insurance i was fine with that and i paid it...well my insurance told me they shouldnt of did that to me because i wasnt responsible for that much i only owed 1,300...now im receiving bills from procedures i had the day of surgery sayin i owe money i called the billing dept and told the lady i already paid u guys 2500 im not payin anymore and i want a refund of 1,200 that im owed...when i had the surgery done they told me i wouldnt owe anything else now all this shit is happening

Gosh I'm so sorry for all you're going thru. I had one appt they gave me a little attitude about bringing my 2 yr old twins to. I told the lady front up, I'm a single mom, and no one I can find will baby sit my twins, that I can afford. So they're part of my journey, like it or lump it. Lifting on the disabled one has slowed my healing, but we knew that would happen. SO we've accounted for it. I bring things to keep my boys busy to appts, but they're pretty well behaved. Sounds like Liam is too. Is there anyone else you can go to for fills? or another nutricianist?

hugs

teri

What a rude bitch! I would swiftly remind that lady and anyone else who forgets their place that they work for you and without you and other patients like you they would not have a paycheck. I would also ask her if you are walking and burning off the same amount of calories walking that you would on a treadmill why does she care? Does she have some kind of deal worked out with the gym where they cut her in a small profit?

I would have put her in her place and quick...I had a similiar exp. and I nipped it in the bud FAST...I let them all know they are paid support staff in the end it is up to me what I do and do not do! Next time give them a healthy dose of atitude right back! Have a lovely day

OMG!!! I can't believe the treatment your are describing. As many others have stated here, you are a paying customer and deserve to be treated with dignity & respect. I highly encourage you to both put them in their place at the next visit & also write to the highest source you can at that facilitiy to make a written complaint. I know for me it took a lot to get to where I am today & to have to deal with this kind of additional burden would leave me wanting to run for Cold Stone (ice cream). Still, be strong, you make the choices for you & quite honestly.. to the @%ll with them!!! Give it right back at 'em!!!

Oh that story sounds too familar....I have a 2yo nephew w/ autism and even on a good day it is hard...and then it is sooo hurtful when people treat you like you have never tried to discipline your child. We were in a waiting room with my nephew (he was going for an EEG for seziures) and we were trying to entertain him...and I heard a lady saying "that boy needs a good ass whoopin" I lost it....told her off big time whilst spitting all over her face in doing so! With autism on the rise...people really need to educate themselves...or just forgo the ignorant comments!

So sorry about your day...I would look elsewhere. BIG HUGS

You should find a nutritionist and doctor to do your fills who lives closer to you. You can call your insurance company - they may have some suggestions or do a doctor search of nearby hospitals. Make sure your insurance will pay for it. THEN.... file a complaint with the hospital where the nutritionist works. Every hospital has a complaint procedure. If you are not happy with the response, file a complaint with the state medical board. Make sure your complaint outlines everything you are unhappy with. If people don't complain about things nothing ever changes. Why would it? So, good luck.

FINALLY..I was unable to log in for two days...I just assumed the moderators were sick of me :w00t:

Thanks for everything...I laughed my ass off at your responses...felt wonderful! I'm also taking your advice re: seeing if I can switch doctors.

Anytime any of you need to vent or a hug...I'll be here for you. Thanks for being here for me...love all of you!!!!!

I am so sorry that you have been have so many bad experiences with these people. I would find others to deal with if possible if I were you. It's hard enough to go through the dieting and life changes let alone having to deal with people who are supposed to be supporting you but instead making the whole ordeal more stressful. I say move on and don't look back. There are plenty of others out there willing to give good chair side manner and be more understanding to your needs. F em. Good luck with everything.

I am sorry that you went through all of this. It is uncalled for and the way you were treated needs to be addressed. I would tell each of the people involved that you did not appreciate the way you were treated and that you are extremely disappointed that as a members of the medical profession that they were not as understanding as they should have been in dealing with an autistic child. during my next visit. (Even though they are just hired help they had to go throught some type of training to do the job that they do.)

I wish you the best! Hopefully you will be able to find someone to do the fills closer to you!

My sister had broken her wrist and they made her come in the day before and check in, seems to be standard with some hospitals. They claim its to save them from problems the day of the surgery. It wasnt even elective surgery, they dont really care how far you live, not their problem I guess.

Since you already paid for your band, can you just walk away from them and do it on your own? Start looking for another fill doctor, unless fills are included free for a year or some deal like that.

I have free fills for a year, but its about 12 hours each way, so I found a fill doctor closer to home, it would cost me the amount of my fill to get there and back and a hotel room for sure. I called everyone in my area and it wasnt easy to find someone who takes mexican patients, but I found someone. Im driving 5 hours round trip now, so look around, you might find someone for fills and ditch the folks who arent helping.

Some doctors, nutritionists, nurses, etc. have this attitude like they are doing you a favor. You are paying them a LOT of money, for that 30 minutes or whatever, they work for you, not vice versa. Nip any kind of attitude in the bud, tell them if something they said is condescending or rude. They're just people, not super beings. And there are plenty out there, find one you like.

Life is too short to deal with someone else's BS.