Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first check up is not until 19 days post op????? Doesn't that seem like a long time? They have checked on me with phone calls and are moving me along with my food pretty quickly (I got to eat velvetta mashed potatos last night - oh my goodness these things ROCK! - I made them with skim milk and no butter so they only have about 125 calories/serving)

My incisions look amazing already! I am shocked at how small they are and how fast they are healing. They said that I can start excercising next week. I have already been walking - or should I stay - strolling about 20-30 minutes a night. I am really ready to start walking more - I have tons of energy late in the afternoon and I want to capitalize on it!!!!

What did they ask you in your post-op? Did they take your tape off of your incisions? I really need new tape! Please let me know what I am missing out on! :(

The only thing that happened was he decided that I was ready for Protein and got my weight. He also looked at my incisions and asked if I had hearburn, abdominal pain, fever ect ect. I lasted about 3 minutes and I was gone.

I see him again August 1st to see if I can have "mushies" (that will be 31 days post op). I wish I was advanced faster - but that's the way he works so I'm doing it his way. I only want to do this one time, and I don't want things to fall apart and then blame myself. I even stressed about how fast i ate Jello the other day after reading the dilitation blog.

: ) I'm really excited. I go back to work on Tuesday - it's a pretty physical job, but I think I can handle it - my boss (the only one who knows), will probably cover me if there is something that is too strenuous.

My first check up is not until 19 days post op????? Doesn't that seem like a long time?

Mine is even longer than that, it's almost a full month after. I have my first post op appt. on July 20. No calls or any contact from the dr. Weird. Guess I'm on my own. They gave me a very thick booklet and told me to follow that so I am.

Well,

That makes me feel a lot better! I guess every physician is just so different. I am making sure to Water everything down so much now!!! I am with you - no reason to go too fast and mess this up - NOT WORTH IT!!!!

I am so excited - my husband found a new EAS protien drink with 42 grams of protien - I was having such a hard time getting all of the protien that I was supposed to have!!!!

I am REALLY enjoying those coffee ones with the sugar free Syrup in the morning.

Is anyone else walking yet? I am limiting myself to the 20-30 minute "strolls", but hve really had a lot of energy - i just don't want to push myself!!!

Drinking to 30 mg shakes feels like holding myself back - I could have 4 or 5 a day - but I don't ). Is it hard for you to drink the shakes?

I just put them in my magic bullet with a little ice and Water - (I'm not as fond of the nectar ones).

Is anyone else walking yet? I am limiting myself to the 20-30 minute "strolls", but hve really had a lot of energy - i just don't want to push myself!!!

Hmm, yeah, I've been all over my treadmill. I'm not breaking any world records, but doing about a 20 min mile pace and going 45 min or so. I did 30 min just five days after surgery.

I asked my Dr as he was releasing me if it was okay and he said yes. He said running was not okay (I told him not to worry, I don't run anyway). He in fact wanted me to exercise, just nothing to jarring.

I would think walking at a pace that feels okay would be fine. Maybe call your doc's office on Monday and ask?

Here is another sugar-free flavored Syrup that is a bit cheaper and my local costplus world market carries it. http://www.torani.com/create/fpsugarfree.shtml

It is $5.99 for a 24 oz bottle and it comes in loads of flavors, they also make several sugar-free sauces for ice cream. I did the SF peppermint in a chocolate Atkins shake and it was yummy!! I am still experimenting for my liquid phase which starts on the 18th.~Mandy

That sounds so good - peppermint and chocolate. I need to find a place that sells the small containers (not the massive ones) in sugar free - anyone know of one?

I just wanted to share about how many family has been inspired. My niece is on a diet and has noticably lost weight (she' not very large - but she gained a few after graduating).

My sister and her husband are trecking to Europe, and they are both going on a modified diet like mine. Their daughter also is doing a Protein shake in the evening. She's an athlete and isn't doing a sport this summer, wants to take off about 5-10 lbs prior to school.

My sister is a great support to myself as well. I walk to her house every day, we socialize, talk about how it's going, and I walk home. It's like social weight loss. My sister can't diet alone - so this is a godsend for her - she just loves group diets : )

Anyhow - I'm pretty happy. I probably won't weight myself til August 1 - and I'm hoping to see *really* good things then. I miss food, but I'm not particularly hungry. Social eating situations get a bit sticky - I'm doing a housewarming for my son (he just got his first apartment) and I'm making food (oh my lord) and everyone will be eating but me. Gotta find a good excuse - haven't told my husbands family.

I'm Still on liquids and I had the greatest snapple. It was a Diet Peach Tea - that tasted so good. Seems like I pour myself the same drinks every day - a couple days in a rom my calorie count was *exactly* the same.

Anyone have any other really nummy drinks they enjoy?

I love those snapples - I also found those little crystal light packets that you take with you and put in a regular size bottle of Water - they also have one that is a Vitamin C supplement - it has other Vitamins too and is flavored like berries. I figure I can use all of the Vitamins that I can get.

I had a protien drink for lunch and Breakfast - 310 calories, 42g protien.

Then for dinner I had one cup of potato and leek Soup (blended).

I am not really losing the last few days. Ihave walked every day for at least 30-40 minutes. I know it probably isn't a big deal, but maybe the Soup I am buying has too much cream in it??

I can't figure it out. :)

I keep telling myself to chill - I haven't had a BM in a few days either.

Just disappointed.

How are you gals and guys doing and what are you eating?

I can't believe that I am actually really ready to start working out!!

ahh - I don't want to weigh myself - I figure I'll wait til August when I see the doctor. I haven't been walking as much as I should.

I also found those little Crystal Light things - I forgot I stuffed them in a drawer pre op so that I could have them later.

I made a Pasta salad for my son's housewarming bbq (had to ask hubby to taste to make sure it was seasoned right).

I made a gooseberry pie from the gooseberries in our garden for the bbq

I made french bread pizza - one with little pepperoni's and red sauce, the other with pesto, chicken, and bacon.

Then I made 3 loaves of banana bread.

I am smelling all of this, and I licked som pesto and tomatoe sauce off my finger and it tasted soooo good. Can I really last another 20 days without food?

My doctor says no milk, no sugar, no food for one month post op. And, then no milk and no sugar - preferable for the rest of your days. I'm giving this 6 months solid going by his directions - If I lose all my weight, I might moderate the milk. He's pretty darn strict - but that's ok.

My calories are about 300-500 every day right now. I have 60 grams of Protein and then a bunch of sugar free drinks, the calories don't add up really quickly if that's all you're having.

I'm losing, but I just *started* so right now, I won't be able to see any big changes til probably next week - since I'm so off.

What do you get to eat? (instructions for post op diet)

liquid Mylanta didn't do that much for me. I found that lying proped up on the couch with a heating pad behind my shoulders helped move out the gas. I thought I was going to die on day 3 & 4 after surgery but now I feel fantastic. I too told my husband that I've never belched and farted so much in my life and have never been more happy to do so either!

myomy - your Dr is very conservative huh????

I can have full liquids right now and some mushies like sugar-free pudding, applesauce and watered down mashed potatos. I move to full mushies week three and then some solids week four.

I have been sticking to the coffee EAS shakes morning and lunch, as the caffeine is helping keep the hunger under control a little, but then I have een getting hungry at night. I am not feeling any restiriction or swelling anymore at all except in the morning. All drinks in between are very low or no calorie - tea, Water, gatorade...

my gas is moving out with vengeance!!! I am also burping and farting a ton!!!! Sometimes I forget when I am going out in public that not everyone around me understands that I might just really need to belch!! My poor DH has been recruited many times now to assist me with a big pat on the back - lovely - but man it feels good to get it out!!!

How are everyone's incisions? I am shocked at how good mine look!!! They are so small and healing so quickly!

I vow to lay off the scales as soon as I see one more pound drop??? Is that fair :)

I have tried to follow the post-op diet to the letter but I have gotten soooo.. hungry that I have tried to eat "real" food and ended up vomiting :nervous I do not want anything to happen to my little tool and have since vowed to do nothing to endanger it.

Now... here is where I need help!

I have to be on a college campus in a little dorm room with a little refri and a microwave for the next five weeks. I have classes most of the day - usually from 9am-6pm. I am swimming most evenings - but I am RAVENOUS!!!

I try to eat some watered-down oatmeal and a Boost w/ protien in the mornings. It is during the days that I have problems - everyone around me can take a sandwich in their backpacks and be okay - or they go out to eat at Taco Bell. Me.... I am just flat hungry until I get to my room and heat up some broth and thicken it with some instant mashed potatoes....

Ideas are soooooooo... welcome!!!!