Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep it is getting better, going to try and go without pain medication today - I don't want to slow down my insides too much - give them a chance to recouperate. The Gas X is helping. Luckily I'm not to hungry, but food does look really good, and I can't really watch people eat easily.

Had to fix fences this morning. The horses got spooked in the paddock and kicked down the fences - I had to fix this morning (just an easy fix - not perfect but my husband is on vacation with a couple of the kids for a week so I have to deal with it as best I can while he's gone.

My stomach is starting to grumble really bad. I am kind of hungry even though I know I couldn't eat anything! My husband was eating a steak and I was pretty tempted to go and take a lick of it :) no really!

I went to central market where they have a lot of homeade Soups and found three of them that looked good to strain. chicken noodle, tortilla and vegtable. I brought them home and put them all through the strainer, so I ended up with the broth. It was really good, but I think the vagtable might be too spicy right now.

I am really confused about my "liquids" list. There is a stage one and two, but they both refer to the same list. Milk is on there (reduced fat), but I am not sure that I am supposed to have it either. That being said, I had about 1/2 cup of promise land reduced fat midnight chocolate milk. It was like heaven!!!

I found these EAS carmel coffee protien shakes that have a a little bit of caffiene that has given me some energy. What did your Dr.s say about the yogurt drinks the first week?

Can you tell that I am already bored with broth and fruit punch gatorade?

I took no pain meds last night or today. My port area gave me a little problem shen I rolled over a few times, but besides that I seem to be doing pretty well. Some of my belly swelling has gone down - only look about 6 months pregnant right now. My husband and I went to the Farmers Market yesterday - I was over lloking at something and he caught a glimpse of me - standing with my big swollen belly sticking out holding my back with one hand and my port site witht the other, he was cracking up - He said "your right, you do actually look pretty pregnant, take care of our little gas baby in there"

HAHA!! I totally avioded a lady that obviously was pregnant, afraid she was going to come up to me and ask me when I was due :)

How are you guys doing??? I want a hamburger and some baked Beans :(

That is funny! I am actually going down rather quickly. I am feeling really good too. I weighed myself and I am down 7 pounds! :( I am so happy.

I was told to have Water, crystal light, chicken broth, gatoraide, and my Protein shakes. Oh yeah and sugar free popsicles. It is all going well. If I look at food I feel sick, If I smell it I get sick, I dont want it! PERIOD! That is a good thing I guess.

Have you all weighed yourself? Let me know how you are doing.

Thanks,

Angie

Soonergirl, you are sooo funny!! I am 3 1/2 weeks post-op now (on pureed), but when I was on the Clear liquids and then the full liquids, I remember thinking, "Just give me something to chew on, I promise I'll split it out!!! LOL :laugh

It is very hard, but I went through a lot of sugar free popsicles and during the full liquids stage, I made my own smoothies and put my Protein powder in them. YUMMY!! Homemade smoothies have more calories than the Protein drinks so you have to be careful as to how much you drink, but they were great!

Tricia H

Well, I think that I am hungry because it seems that my stomach is healing pretty quickly. Everything goes down pretty easily, but I am not at all the type to "challenge" it!

I will just be really happy with some cream Soups. I guess that is only a few days away.

I have weighed myself - this morning I was down a total of 7 pounds - 4.5 since surgery, the rest pre-op. My belly had gone down quite a bit today though, just look fat again :( lol

I walked again all day today, I feel really good except this bloated feeling!

I wish that food didn't smell good to me! I got a scent from the BBQ joint and it was really painful!!! I told my husband I was ok with just the sauce! He didn't go for it :)

I know that I am not really hungry - I just miss the taste!

This has been a really useful thread over the holiday weekend! We have had some of our firiends call us to come out and do things, but I just didn't feel like it yet - especially being around food and beer! So, here's a cheers to the 4th of July weekends bansters - come on, raise your "cryst -al light" to us!

By the way, thanks for the funny comments - according to my DH, I am just a kranky starving b%#$& this weekend! At least now I know I am a - funny cranky starving b&%#$*!! WOOHOO

I just rechecked my post op diet list - it says that I can have skim and lactaid milk.

I was only on sugar free everything, but I was having a bit of nausea - so today, they told me to incorporate a few "regular" items.

They also moved me to cream and full liquids today. yeah!!!!!

I found these EAS carmel coffee protien shakes that have a a little bit of caffiene that has given me some energy. What did your Dr.s say about the yogurt drinks the first week?

I drink the EAS shakes alot even though I've been banded since March. I like the fact they give you energy Plus They are only 100 calories... very low in carbs but 15 grams of Protein per shake. Not enough for a meal but an inbetween pick me up or great in the mornings with some yogurt or fruit. The choclate fudge ones are my favorite.

I would think you could get some of the Yoplait smoothies already made ... they are over by the yogurt section. these are thin enough to go through a straw and would be a good source of Protein and Calcium.

Hope you continue to feel better each day!!!

oooh, stay away from V8 for a while. too acidic, and right now, your only concern is to heal. No Tomato anything for a while.

I don't know why no milk for you. I had chocolate milk in the hospital with my nightly meds. Doctor's orders, and if he says chocolate milk, do you think I'm going to argue?

do you know why there is no milk post op - has anyone had any?

I asked my doc specifically and from day one he said non-fat milk was fine. I was SO glad because that's the base of my Protein shakes and I was worried I would have to do without those. They are my main salvation!!!

I'm doing better as well. The Fourth was indeed hard with all the lovely smells coming from the neighbors yards. I went to a baseball game and EVERYTHING smelled good but when I actually looked at the food, it was like "bleah...no way". So that's good. My friend INSISTED we needed to get ice cream after the game and I didn't want to. I ended up buying a non-fat yogurt and not even eating it. It's still in my freezer. THAT IS A HUGE CHANGE FOR ME!!! I'm usually a little b*tch for ice cream!!

Also doing better. Back at work after a week and two days off. It feels SO weird to be back at work! Oh well, gotta do it if I'm going to pay off this surgery. Don't want them to come reposses my band!!

The bloat is gone, I lost 13 lbs REALLY fast and then my body seems to have put on the brakes, which is okay. Thirteen pounds in one week is pretty hard on a body.

Still have a bad burning next to my port and it hurts if I sit for too long (was in a bit of agony at the baseball game.....also when something good would happen and I'd yell real loud...OUCH).

Overall doing good. Having ZERO trouble getting liquids down, even thick liquids. I can see how I'm going to need a fill sooner rather than later!!

Yes I was told I could handle some milk in my Protein Shakes to add more Protein. 1% was what I was told. I have some recipes for some protein shakes if you guys would like to see them, it is what my nutritionist gave to me. Maybe it would help out. I havent tried any yet. I may start doing it.

Thanks - my doc said none, but I had this non fat milk fudgcycle - and it tasted sooooo good. It was a day I was having such a hard time getting things down, and that treat just made all the difference in the world for me.

Ok, here is are the recipes for the Protein shakes.

Make ice cubes using a Protein drink- if drink has 20 grams of protein and tray makes 10 ice cubes, then each ice cube has 2 grams of protein.

1. chocolate Peanut Butter Drink

crush 3 protein ice cubes in blender. Add 6oz. of low fat milk. Add 2 tbls. of reduced fat Peanut Butter. Add a scoop of high Protein powder. Blend

2. banana shake

Crush 3 protein ice cubes in blender. Add 6oz. of low fat milk. Add 1/2 ripe banana. Add scoop of high Protein Powder. Blend

3. Crush 3 protein ice cubes in blender. Add 6oz. of low fat milk, and 1/2 cup fat free ice cream or frozen yogurt. Add high protein powder. Blend.

Those are some of the recipes that I think sound good to me some of the others dont sound as good. But check them out and see if they may work for you.

Angie