Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can barely sip Water I feel so restricted. food smells good but I'm not even tempted. I've only had a bit of diet juice and Water.

I don't think I've gotten down 16 oz since I've been home - almost 24 hours.

I hope this isn't a bad thing - please someone tell me this is normal and that I will feel better.

My O My, try to take some ibuprofen - the children's liquid stuff if you have to. that seemed to help me with the swelling. I am 10 days post banding and am still swollen. I took between 400-800 mg at a time. I can now take a pill. At first, I could only take the liquid. The children's variety of Motrin (generic, it's less expensive, same meds) offers only 6 doses at 400 mg. Expensive, I know, but I needed it and you may also. Of course, consult with your doctor about it.

I am only 4'11" and it seems to still be swollen to a degree that I still feel like I have a baby head stuck in my ribs. I am serious. When the gases come on, I can look down and see a huge lump there just like when I was pregnant. Weird.

Anyway, best of luck to you. As I am sure that you already know, your body needs the liquid, so keep trying!

My doctor doesn't want me to take ibuprofen - but I've gotten about 8 oz of liquid and 6 oz of juice down so I'm doing ok today (better than I thought I would).

What is your regimen like now Wendy - all the doctors seem slightly different - so it's interesting to hear.

The gas seems to be settling down, thank goodness. That stuff was horrible. :D I am surviving though.

My husband took me and the three bondgirls to the mall so I could get my walking in. It really helped and it was so much nicer to window shop and look around than walking outside. It was a nice day out with the family. I am feeling much better! :)

Angie

btw, forgot to post this. I weighed myself at the mall and it says I have lost 5 pounds! Woo hoo! lol This is great. :D

Amen girls, I just had my first and I feel so much better.

Today has been so much better overall. I have been up all day with minimal pain and I have been able to drink so much more! I even got down 1/2 of a protien drink. We went and picked up a foster dog today!!

I hope my other band date buddies are feeling better as well - please let me know!!

How much did your physicians want you to walk post op? I don't think I had a specific amount but it might be helpful to have sort of a guidline.

My Dr. gave me a pretty strict guideline for walking

5 minutes the first hour

6 the second

keep adding every hour that I stay up until bed (don't go to bed until your regular bed time and no more than 1-2 hours of napping)

next day - pick up where you left off - for me it was 14 minutes

and then keep adding a minute every hour until you are up to 30 minutes of continuous walking.

Although I didn't follow that exactly today - I have been up walking almost all of the day. I feel much better!!!!

My O My,

I was banded 6-21-05 and I am still on and I quote from the dietician at the Dr's office "anything that can be taken through a straw" So I have been on broth with a little instant mashed potatoes for a thicker consistency. I have also been trying to choke down some Protein Drinks since I have noticed that I have been sluggish since I had not been getting enough Protein. I drink tons of Water - but it feels like it gets stuck once in a while.

I still have some swelling inside and was told to take ibuprofen to aid with the swelling. I would really make a phone call to the Dr about that.

Up until today, the gas had been horrendous. Mostly because it was up in my shoulder and so painful for me:cry Another problem is that I have to be on a college campus for the next six weeks 4 days a week away from my family and I think that they gave me the LAST room in the LAST dorm building on the FARTHEST side of campus from where I need to be so I have gotten some major walking in as well as lugging around a backpack that weighs like 40 pounds!

side note: I love to get rid of that heavy packpack - I wonder what it will be like when we are 40 pounds lighter! I can't wait!!!

I can barely sip Water I feel so restricted. food smells good but I'm not even tempted. I've only had a bit of diet juice and Water.

I had a terrible time for several days past my surgery then finally it all cleared up. I do recommend warm liquids as folks here on the board suggested that helps open things up. Try warm broth. That seemed to go down best when I was SO swollen.

I'll give the warm stuff a go. I've been doing better of course, but I can tell I'm not getting enough. I notice my taste buds have suddenly soured on v8 juice - I love that stuff. I pretty much don't enjoy most of what I'm drinking (even the water). I'm not sure what's up with that - but I assume that will pass as well.

They wanted me to take some phosphorus before I went home (hardest thing ever). It reminded me so much of go-lytely. Two Dixie Cups full - had to hold the nose and everything. I'm usually not such a baby - but boy - the taste thing has got to go!

My o My -

have you tried warm tea? I have been making warm peppermint tea with splenda and it tastes better than anything that I have tried so far. fruit punch gatoraide seems to be keeping me hydrated. I am still workin on broth - it is going down pretty well too!

I hope things start going down better!

Ladies, PLEASE PLEASE try to get as much liquids in as possible. Personally, I sipped continuously all day long. I know it's slow going and the bloat is miserable but YOU MUST remain hydrated. Dehydration will make you weak, dizzy, headachey, nauseated (which you absolutely DO NOT need) and some people have had to go to the ER for IV hydration if they did not get their liquids in. Please, sip constantly, find what works. Try warm liquids like apple juice or chai tea with a bit of milk for added Protein. It is wonderful and helps to get the bowels to moving also which will help with the bloating. Please do not let yourselves get dehydrated! This too shall pass! I promise! Walk, walk, walk, even if it's just inside the house... you'll be glad you did.

Well, I bought a couple Breyers popsicles - only 5 carbs and 25 calories - and they were awesome. I found it was funner to get my liquid in the form of Jellow and popsicles than just sipping.

I also (shame on me) bought those 'skinny cow' fudgecicles. They are 100 calories and 10 carbs plus a few Proteins. I'm not really supposed to have milk - so I wavered - and I won't do it much - but I did it once today.

I'm doing better today. I mowed my front yard - which is about an acre. Sometimes it was tough, but I got through it. Took a little walk, and took my daughter grocery shopping.

My husband and girls are gone so it's really quiet at home. I'm loving it, watching movies, internet and reading in my spare time. Plus a little light housekeeping and watching the animals.

Today is a good day - I'm not too hungry for food, but I'm beginning to worry that I will begin to get cravings. I don't know what I'll do about making my family dinner. Perhaps 'Dream Dinners' will help. I think I'll go there instead of doing a big grocery trip. Get a few meals, and then some stuff the kids can use for Breakfast and lunch.

What did you guys do about food preparation?

I am not doing much of nothing. My DH is taking care of all the cooking right now. Just to smell food right now is making me feel sick to my stomach. Pretty weird huh? Not sure whats up with that. But I cant even watch them eat. I have to go outside, but now that its the fourth and everyone is cooking outside it isnt helping either! lol I am going to shut myself up in my room with my boost! :D Funny! No, I will handle it fine. Each day is getting better.