Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't drink the whole thing!!!!

Do you have restriction? I think you're lucky that you GET protein; my doc said none for 1 week (they are all so different) Why are you having trouble, because you don't like it, or can't swallow, or something else?

Best bet are the IDS Protein shots. They come in a bullet shaped plastic container and are 3 and a half oz. Easy to fit in your new pouch and have 46g of Protein per shot. I found a place on the web where you can get them, if you order over 99 dollars worth, for 2.42 a piece. I use one every other day now but used to use them every day. I believe they're called American whey. They taste fine...like a thick, cough Syrup and I'd suggest keeping them cold.

Hope this helps!

Give it just a little more time, it takes a while for some to get their appetite back. Just get as much Protein in as you can handle and keep sipping on Water so you wont get dehydrated.

I found that it was easier to leave it in the fridge and take a sip here and there through out the day when I was postop. It took several weeks before I could drink a whole one before it got cold.

I'm 6 days post-op and I feel like I have hardly any restriction. I can pop open and drink an 11 oz can of Atkins Advantage without having to sip at all. I don't notice any change. I assumed because it was liquid it was just going straight through the pouch into the main portion of my stomach and that it was normal.

I also, assumed (or hoped) once I started on solids that the solids would sit in my pouch and fill me up so I didn't eat as much.

I'm 6 days post-op and I feel like I have hardly any restriction. I can pop open and drink an 11 oz can of Atkins Advantage without having to sip at all. I don't notice any change. I assumed because it was liquid it was just going straight through the pouch into the main portion of my stomach and that it was normal.

I also, assumed (or hoped) once I started on solids that the solids would sit in my pouch and fill me up so I didn't eat as much.

It depends on how much internal swelling you have post-op. It sounds like you were fortunate in that you did not have a lot of post-op swelling.

It may take one or more fills before solids will keep you satiated for long periods of time.

As Jodi said you must not have had much swelling, also most bands do not have any Fluid until your first fill.

I understand, I am 1 week post op and had to go into the hospital and get 4 liters of Fluid by IV because I got dehydrated. I can't seem to drink the 1 1/2 to 2 liters of fluid a day they require. I sip on something for 3 hours so I barely get 12 ounces a day in. I am trying to increase it but it is taking forever. I have also developed a rash all over that itches horribly. I go to my GP today to see what can be done for that. Not having a good time post op. Only good news is that I lost 14.8 lbs since surgery!:laugh:

I'm 6 days post-op and yesterday was the first day I was able to almost finish a can of the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control ready to drink shakes.

I think that was because I walked a whole lot this weekend and way too much yesterday. So, I was quite thirsty and almost finished it. Prior to that - since surgery, I would drink half for Breakfast & half for lunch or later in the day.

Take Care

Thanks guys. This helps alot. I can't get all down because I just get full and I am having a hard time even distinquishing hunger because I am sipping liquids all day, but I guess that's the point during the first week. I still have some discomfort also but I attribute that to the surprise hernia that had to be repaired also (although I was warned it was common to find these when they open you up, I was still surprised the I had one). I have lost 6 pounds in 5 days so I am pretty happy about that. On with the healing then.:laugh: