Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved!!!! WhooooHOOOoo!

I can't believe that my insurance has agreed to pay for my Tummy Tuck as they have termed it medically neccessary!!!

I was totally prepared to pay on my own someday and I applied just as a long shot.

I have lost 65lbs to date. I had my lap 10 months ago... so I am not even a year out. I have gone from a size 20 to a 12.

My doc said it was highly likely they would reject it the first time around!!!! So I am shocked and the happiest person alive right now!

Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY.:laugh::smile2:

well you go gurl!!!! my insurance company say they will cover tummy tucks & breast lifts but not arms , my arms are the ones i rather have done 1st so i guess i will pay out of pocket. i just got banded in may of this yr so im going to wait for 2yrs and see all what i need.

Hi:

Congratulations! Now, please do tell your secret to getting this covered by Blue Cross.

I have HMO Blue New England and would love to have a Tummy Tuck next year, but I am doubtful that it will be covered. I think that they sometimes cover a panniculectomy, but only if someone is having alot of skin problems under their belly.

Please tell us yours or your doctor's tricks to getting this covered.

Thanks.

Sue

Please let me know too. I have already had two instances of "skin issues" since surgery, but doc has me treating it, so I don't know if he will document each time or not.:smile2:

At this point.... I am thinking its pure luck!

My doc put that I have skin issues. Now, I have to admit... I never really have had anything bother me that powder doesn't fix. To be frankly honest, my skin hangs a bit, about 2 inches I'd say. Not the worst case, by far. That is why I thought for sure they would say no.

Also... in truth, I could stand to lose at least 20 more lbs. I thought they would make that a requirement before approval.

I am just shocked at the whole thing really. The approval was for skin removal and Tummy Tuck.< /p>

I don't know my docs secret... but if I ever find anything out, I'll be sure to post it!!!

I don't want the surgery until February, as I do plan to tone and lose a little more between now and then.

To clarify... I have no documentation of skin problems. Only the surgeons word that I am a sufferer.

According to the buzz around... if an insurance company approves weight loss surgery.... they generally will pay for reconstruction to a degree as well. They kind of go hand in hand.