Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Think Oprah has given up?

Let me tell you, I've seen Snowbird and she is beautiful, she's done a fantastic job with her weight loss!

Then it's B/A pics time!

Thanks for your post LIL and I agree Oprah always looks lovely. I mean who wouldn't with an unlimited wardrobe, makeup artist, hair stylist, etc.?

The question wasn't do you think Oprah is lovely? The question was do you think she's given up on weight loss? I decided to have WLS when I finally admitted to myself that I needed medical intervention.

To tell you the truth, i don't have any "after" pictures. I'm afraid I'll look at them and still see a fat girl.

And thanks, both of you. Hee hee . . . I'm normal; my scale tells me so!

Her show at least... I heard tonight that Oprah plans to "retire" from her show in 3 years.

Her show at least... I heard tonight that Oprah plans to "retire" from her show in 3 years.

Yeah, the story on the news recently was that she will end the show in 2011 (after her 25th year on the air). But she will not go away. Apparently she will be taking over the Discovery Health Network and changing the name to OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). I'm not sure what kind of programming they will have.

Didn't hear the Discovery Health network thing. I wonder if she will carryover her attitude on her new network and continue to bash weight loss surgery?

Didn't hear the Discovery Health network thing. I wonder if she will carryover her attitude on her new network and continue to bash weight loss surgery?

Maybe she'll use that as the platform for why she's getting one. Picture it -- "We, Oprah, have decided We will have WLS because after We received further documentary and medical information as part of our due diligence process in acquiring a Health Network, We discoverd WLS is the best method for permanent weight loss."

The funny thing is, I heard Oprah was going to retire a few years back and either last year or this year should have been her last.

As for weightloss, no I don't think she's given up on it, I think she's just doing her normal yo-yoing.

She shows dr. Oz on there so often that tells and shows what it's like to have fat around all of the organs. Its not a good thing and you can actually die from a fatty liver. You would think she would finally say "I can't do this on my own"

Oh well....

My mom has Hep C and they told her that she has to keep her weight down so that her liver isn't fatty or she will die sooner. For various reasons, she can't have WLS so you can imagine how hard this is for her. She basically goes on a diet 3 months out of every year just to take off the 10 - 25 lb. that creep up on her in spite of eating healthy and working out.

What a horrible way to live, IMO. I'd much rather deal with learning how to eat all over again than deal with that.

Well, it appears Oprah has given up, at least on the thin part. Now her goal is no longer to be thin but to be "fit, healthy and strong"

Now she's admitted that she has a food addiction and that she keeps falling off the wagon. You think she might at least say she gets why people have WLS since she understands the losing and gaining yo yo?

You think she might at least say she gets why people have WLS since she understands the losing and gaining yo yo?

First step is admitting you have a problem. IDK, though......It seems like WL people sometimes have that "eat their young" phenomenon where once they get where they want to be, they make it difficult (or at least are nonsupportive) to the newbies. Not so much on LapBandTalk (although there are a few that come to mind), but say....Star Jones, Kirstie Alley....I know quite a few where I work, some in my personal life, etc.

Oh yes, we can definitely be like reformed smokers!

People need to remember what it was like facing that whole journey, very daunting.

I just cant stand Oprah though. I wish she'd go away. And its one thing to struggle with your weight, consider the issues, that's why we're all on this forum, but why does she think the whole world wants to know or gives a flying feck about it? Poor meeeee, I'm sooo rich but I'm just like you!

Pah.

Lol.