Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Introduce Ourselves

Heather, thanks for checking on me. I am doing a bit better. Still more and more bruising coming through each day but Dr. said just take lots of tylenol. Going to see them on Wed. I am feeling better today though.

As for you.... GOOD LUCK tomorrow. You will do great. I bet you are excited.

Okay, I just got done reading everybody's introduction.

My name is Beth, and obviously I'm from Virginia. :unsure: I'm 43 and have been married for 15 years last month. I was thin my whole life and had a rockin' bod all through high school and then I hit my 20's. Early 20's I gained about 30 pounds, lost about 30 pounds, gained 20 pounds, and then ballooned over 100 pounds. When I got married at age 28, I was 230 pounds. My highest (that I know of) was 289, and that was where I started out last week (though I've been 289 before and lost 70 pounds previously).

Tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, and a number of fad diets. Everything works for a time. The diets worked well, but I didn't. Over time my portion sizes would go up and my choices would become more questionable.

I started my pre-op diet last Friday, and as of this morning I was down 10 pounds. My surgery date is on the 21st at 2:30 pm. I can hardly wait.

My pre-op diet has consisted of liquids consisting of high protein/low carbs. Have to keep carbs under 50g and get my Protein up as close to 100 as I can. So far not a problem as I've been getting about 125. Hopefully I can't get too much! lol

Anyway, congrats to those of you who recently joined the Band, and woo hoo for those of us who are coming up soon! I look forward to meeting up with y'all and eventually sharing PICTURES!! :)

I am new in this room but getting banded on 11/25. I am 52. I started the pre op diet today. I decided to do this back in August. It's been a long road to get here...but then you all know that. Good luck to everybody.

Racheal good luck tomorrow! It'll be great! Don't be nervous.

Thanks! You were right, it wasn't too bad at all. I am still a bit sore and have some discomfort from gas but it's so worth it. Today is the first day that I have started to even feel a little bit hungry...if only my appetite would always be this small!!!:cursing:

Hello Everyone.

I'm Cindy from North Dakota and I had my surgery on Nov. 12th. The worst part for me was spending the night in the hospital on a horribly uncomfortable bed. The first couple of days I felt like they left five pounds of sponges in my abdomen, but as the swelling went down, I started to feel pretty normal again. Luckily, I had very little gas pain. I had an upper GI the morning after and that sure seemed to clear my system out. LOL

I'm 56, married for 35 years, and have been heavy all my life, but it has never really been a problem for me. But, after having one total knee replacement, high blood pressure, and recently being diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic, I had to face the fact that I was never going to be able to deal with the weight on my own. It's amazing how long a person can go on thinking "After the New Year" and "After I come back from vacation", and "Next monday, for sure!". It is finally time to face reality.

I was on Optifast for two weeks pre-op and again for two weeks post-op. Next Tuesday I move to seven days of pureed meals (Trepuree) and then on to soft foods. I truly envy the people who were able to go low-carb. Oh well, at least the weight is coming off. I have an appt. with the Dr. on the 28th, but I don't go in for my first fill until the middle of January. How soon are the rest of the November's getting their first fill?

Hello Everyone.

I'm Cindy from North Dakota and I had my surgery on Nov. 12th. The worst part for me was spending the night in the hospital on a horribly uncomfortable bed. The first couple of days I felt like they left five pounds of sponges in my abdomen, but as the swelling went down, I started to feel pretty normal again. Luckily, I had very little gas pain. I had an upper GI the morning after and that sure seemed to clear my system out. LOL

I'm 56, married for 35 years, and have been heavy all my life, but it has never really been a problem for me. But, after having one total knee replacement, high blood pressure, and recently being diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic, I had to face the fact that I was never going to be able to deal with the weight on my own. It's amazing how long a person can go on thinking "After the New Year" and "After I come back from vacation", and "Next monday, for sure!". It is finally time to face reality.

I was on Optifast for two weeks pre-op and again for two weeks post-op. Next Tuesday I move to seven days of pureed meals (Trepuree) and then on to soft foods. I truly envy the people who were able to go low-carb. Oh well, at least the weight is coming off. I have an appt. with the Dr. on the 28th, but I don't go in for my first fill until the middle of January. How soon are the rest of the November's getting their first fill?

Hi CL! I was banded 11/5. I had two weeks of Full liquids, one week of Mushy/Puree (which I started yesterday) and then one week of Soft food before being let loose in the world!

My first fill is currently scheduled for Dec. 5th. :drool:

:thumbup:I was banded on Nov 10 and was on Clear Liquids for 1 week , now on full liquids and start mushies on Dec 3. My Dr wont give a fill for six weeks after being banded. And then they see how you are doing, if you neeed a fill. I feel great, not hungry, I think its head hunger when I do feel something. Then I drink water.:thumbup:

Hi!

I know it's December now already, but am I too late to join the Notorious Novembers? I just found you guys this past week or so.

My name is Rachel. I was banded on 11/4. I'm 33, mom of two, court reporter, glass bead maker, procrastinator, and a jokester.

I'm excited to meet so many people who had surgery in the same month as I did. I feel a little less lonely now, and I'm excited for all of us.

:smile2: