Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Introduce Ourselves

I was surprised at how easy the pre-op diet is. I have 2 shakes, tea, Water, chicken broth, SF Jello, tuna, then I am able to eat a small salad and a Protein. Since starting 4 days ago, I have lost 7 pounds! I am sure it is Water. I drink a ton and am in the bathroom round the clock!

I get to eat just meat... I can barely stand the smell of that chicken broth .:tongue2: I added Mrs Dash to it today and put my turkey in it...lol. I'm moving my desk today into the ladies room because I'm there ALLLLL DAYYY:rolleyes2: I am looking forward to the weight loss and only 3 more days till Surgery ...YAHHHOOO

I was surprised at how easy the pre-op diet is. I have 2 shakes, tea, Water, chicken broth, SF Jello, tuna, then I am able to eat a small salad and a Protein. Since starting 4 days ago, I have lost 7 pounds! I am sure it is Water. I drink a ton and am in the bathroom round the clock!

I stepped myself down from regular food to Clear Liquids by doing some Protein Shakes and full liquids because I knew I wouldn't be able to go to clear liquids cold turkey. I was surprised by how easy that was, too--I think the Protein does a LOT to help keep you full. Now that I'm on clear liquids only it's a LOT harder. But yes--I am in the bathroom even more than usual, and I was already there quite often! :tongue2:

Pre Op diet Day 2 ...I'M HUNGRY and I miss my veggies!!! I never thougth I would say I hate white meat.... I know i'm lucky to eat meat but at this point and time I would trade my turkey for a Protein shake:sad:

OMG...I would KILL to eat some meat! *lol* Well, not really, but you know what I mean! Still, I know that it's hard for all of us, no matter what pre-op diet our docs have us on. Thank GOD my surgery's on Monday! Just two more full days after this one to get through.

We can do it!

I add Benefiber to my shakes so that helps SOOOO much with keeping you feel full.

My Name is Amy. I am 34 yrs old and the mom of a 2 little boys (2 and 5). I have been married for 12 years to my best friend. I never struggled with weight growing up as I was very athletic and played most every sport imaginable. But in college when I got into my major and started working in the computer world I balloned. I have spent the last 14 years trying to undue it all. I lost my parents when I was 6 and I had lapband surgery because I want to make sure I am here for my kids and I don't want them to be embarrased of me because I am the "fat mom". I had the surgery this past week on 11/11/08 here in Atlanta, GA where I live. I am not doing so well now. It sounds like everyone went through the beginning without much pain so I am feeling a bit alone in all this because I am in terrible pain. I walk constantly and yet I can't even lift my left arm I am in so much pain. I have slept every night with a heating pad on my arm. My stomach is completely black where the port is and th epain medication they game me does nothing. Has anyone else gone through this type of pain? I just wonder if this was all a mistake.

Hello November Bandsters! My name is Racheal, and I live in South Carolina. I am scheduled to be banded on Tuesday, November 18th...and I am extremely nervous and excited all at the same time. As a child/teen, I was always about average size...until I turned 16. My cycle went crazy and I started gaining weight. 10 years later, the docs finally figure out I have PCOS. Anyone familiar with the syndrome/disease/nightmare will understand how happy I was to have a diagnosis and upset to find out what it was. I have been married to my wonderful dh for 13 years. We have 3 kiddos, 12, 5, and 17 months. PCOS really kicked my butt after my first child. I went from about 195 (heavy, but not awful) pre-pregnancy to about 220 during pregnancy to about 200 after pregnancy...to about 250 6 months after pregnancy. It was crazy that I gained so much weight after the baby! Years later, the docs explained about PCOS and why that happened (so unfair!), but at the time I merely became super depressed. My heighest weight is 258, and I am currently at 228. I have been doing Atkins for almost 2 weeks now as my pre-surgery diet. I have to say that I am happy it is Atkins instead of the liquid...my heart goes at to all you liquiders...be strong! Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and join this group. Because my doctor is 45-60 minutes away, I don't have a lot of access to their support groups so I am hoping to find that support online! Can't wait to get to know you all!

Amy--since I haven't been banded, I can't really tell if what you are doing is normal, but I say if you are that uncomfortable more than a week after surgery, call the doc! Maybe they can give you some advice on how to make it better.

My name is Trinitie. I am 34 years old and live in Minnesota. I have been married for 7 years to a wonderful man who is going through this whole thing with me too. His surgical date is November 28th. My surgical date is November 25th. We have three kids, 11, 3 and 18 months. They are fantastic. Our whole family is so supportive of us.

My husbands mom had Gastric 7 years ago and so did my mom.

My Name is Amy. I am 34 yrs old and the mom of a 2 little boys (2 and 5). I have been married for 12 years to my best friend. I never struggled with weight growing up as I was very athletic and played most every sport imaginable. But in college when I got into my major and started working in the computer world I balloned. I have spent the last 14 years trying to undue it all. I lost my parents when I was 6 and I had lapband surgery because I want to make sure I am here for my kids and I don't want them to be embarrased of me because I am the "fat mom". I had the surgery this past week on 11/11/08 here in Atlanta, GA where I live. I am not doing so well now. It sounds like everyone went through the beginning without much pain so I am feeling a bit alone in all this because I am in terrible pain. I walk constantly and yet I can't even lift my left arm I am in so much pain. I have slept every night with a heating pad on my arm. My stomach is completely black where the port is and th epain medication they game me does nothing. Has anyone else gone through this type of pain? I just wonder if this was all a mistake.

Amy sounds like you are having a really tough time.. Have you talked to your Dr. about the pain and the discoloration?

Hi Heather, I did call the Dr's office and they told me to just keep being active and if I didn't feel better to call them back tomorrow (monday).

Hi Heather, I did call the Dr's office and they told me to just keep being active and if I didn't feel better to call them back tomorrow (monday).

Checking in on you hoep your having a better day.

Rachel your being banded on the same date as me are you excited.:smile2:

Excited, nervous, anxious...yep, that's about it. I'm getting ready to go for my last pre-op visit--this one with the surgical nursing team...let's hope all goes well!

There is always room!!! Welcome Beth are you getting excited?:)

Omg, forgeddabout me! Yours is TOMORROW!! How excited are YOU? As much as me, I bet! :unsure: