Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3.10.08 friday morning weigh in.

Down 3 pounds from last week's weigh in. Excercise: none for past 5 days, as I've had strep throat & have been coughing my head off. Will start back hopefully in a couple of days when cough is better.

Everyone is reporting great results this week...keep it up!!

Gosh everyone has done so good this week!

I'm down 2 lbs this week, I haven't really been exercising and I need too! That's my goal this week to get at least 3 days in this week!

Just a pound and a half this week. Yesterday went into Boston to lunch with friends. Did very well with piece of chicken, some cheese and Tomato and a little lettuce (it was a sandwich without the bread.) After lunch I walked about 2 miles around town and enjoyed the lovely fall day. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Hey Shamrock Girl! We were up in Conway yesterday and the leaves have not even hit peak yet...I'm down closer to the seacoast and we have more color than up north has. How is it in your neck of the woods? Good job on the weight loss:) Moe

Hey Everyone! sorry I'm a little late posting. I've been gone for two weeks and no access to internet except on weekends:eek: Over the past few weeks I have been getting very hungry, which is not good at a catered training, but I think I did pretty well. I did 1/2 a sandwich instead of a whole one, no chips, when I would have had at least a bag. I did have a cookie, but I tried to look at it as a victory, because I cut way back. It's a lot easier when I'm not hungry.

I got my first fill on Wed the 1st and it's nice to be full again!! I went on liquids and mushies and when I weighed in on Friday I was down 4 lbs! WHOO HOO! I walked around the Fryeburg Fair, which has food-nasty food everywhere and did very well. I had some Soup for lunch and a tiny bit of apple crisp and was so excited that I couldn't finish it:) I'm finding that a bite or two of something really satisfies my cravings, which is so much better than before when I had to eat it all.

The only thing I have had any problems with is Pork and one time I ate too fast and the second time I cooked it too long and it was dry. I am curious to see how the fill (1cc)works now that I can go back to real food.

Good to be back and looking forward to getting caught up reading about everyone's progress:) Moe

Hey Everyone! sorry I'm a little late posting. I've been gone for two weeks and no access to internet except on weekends:eek: Over the past few weeks I have been getting very hungry, which is not good at a catered training, but I think I did pretty well. I did 1/2 a sandwich instead of a whole one, no chips, when I would have had at least a bag. I did have a cookie, but I tried to look at it as a victory, because I cut way back. It's a lot easier when I'm not hungry.

I got my first fill on Wed the 1st and it's nice to be full again!! I went on liquids and mushies and when I weighed in on Friday I was down 4 lbs! WHOO HOO! I walked around the Fryeburg Fair, which has food-nasty food everywhere and did very well. I had some Soup for lunch and a tiny bit of apple crisp and was so excited that I couldn't finish it:) I'm finding that a bite or two of something really satisfies my cravings, which is so much better than before when I had to eat it all.

The only thing I have had any problems with is Pork and one time I ate too fast and the second time I cooked it too long and it was dry. I am curious to see how the fill (1cc)works now that I can go back to real food.

Good to be back and looking forward to getting caught up reading about everyone's progress:) Moe

Welcome back, Moe! I'm so glad your fill is working for you! I get my first fill on Tuesday and I'm so looking forward to it! I'm getting hungry now and if I don't pay attention, I'm eating too fast and by the time I'm done, I'm STUFFED! Not good!

Congrats on the 4lbs lost!

I'm amazed, even hungry, how little food I'm still eating compared to before surgery! How a little amount of food satisfies me (when I'm paying attention, that is!) and how long it takes me to get hungry again!

Have a good weekend!

I stayed the same this week. I am not too discouraged I have my 2nd fill on Wed this coming week.

I have lost inches and another size, that is really motivating!

Glad to hear that others are doing so well!

Just a little behind this week. Sorry was traveling for work. I am a little tight with my second fill, so I been working on eating slower! Ouch it hurts when I don't. Good news is I have lost 3.5lbs this week.

It was great to see how everyone is doing! Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm down one pound this week. I have only lost 4 pounds in a month and I'm getting very discouraged. Had my first fill on the 18th and no change. I'm still hungry but I am trying to stay positive any loss is better than a gain right??

I'm down one pound this week. I have only lost 4 pounds in a month and I'm getting very discouraged. Had my first fill on the 18th and no change. I'm still hungry but I am trying to stay positive any loss is better than a gain right??

Shelby, I know that you are disappointed but YOU'VE LOST 4LBS THIS MONTH!!!! How exciting!! Most surgeons I hear about like an average of 1-2lbs per week. You're doing a really good job! You need to give yourself a pat on the back. I don't know about you but before surgery, no way could I lose 4lbs in a month! I'm proud of you and think you're doing great!

Also, if you're hungry, take a look at what you're eating and how long it's taking you. You might be eating too fast or things that don't fill you up. Start with your Protein and add a nice salad or pile of veggies for the bulk. I understand about being hungry. I go for my first fill on Tuesday, I'm hoping it helps. I'm also eating too fast and my bites are too big. I'm having a hard time slowing down and taking smaller bites. My surgeon actually doesn't allow anything but Protein the first 3 months but I've already added back some veggies after my protein b/c I miss them and I need the bulk. We'll see what happens after Tuesday.

Give yourself a break. :tt2:

Shelby,

How much Protein are you getting. I had a few weeks that were really rough and then I learned here at lapband that if you take your current weight and multiply it by .37 it equals the amount of protein you need. When I increased my protein I started to lose like crazy and was rarely hungry until my second fill. Now I am hardly ever hungry. Good luck and a four pound loss is still a loss :)

Shelby,

...if you take your current weight and multiply it by .37 it equals the amount of Protein you need. ...

Wow really? I'd never heard that, by that rule I'm only getting about 2/3 what I should be, thanks for the tip!

I am down about 4.5 lbs this week. I was so excited because in the 6 days after my fill I was losing weight about 1 lb a day. It finally slowed this weekend and now I will have to see. I do have some restriction and I get full quick!!!:) Great job to everyone for last weeks loss.

Hi guys,

long time no see! I am not weighing myself much anymore, and because I'd spent the last month eating crap and not exercising nearly as much as I used to (due to work commitments), I was sure I'd put on weight from the 3 kilos I lost early on after my fill.

But I went to see my Dr yesterday for fill #2 and I haven't gained any weight. So basically I've lost 3 kilos (6.6pounds) for the month between fills. He says he expects the average patient to lose about 3 kilos a month, so I'm actually right on track!

Total weight loss since that first phone call to the Dr in the first week of July: just a smidge under 27 pounds. :crying: