Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Hey everyone. Figured I would come on in and post. I'm officailly banded...(Dec 4th) Recovery has not been so bad...just the stupid Gas pain...I started walking the day of the surgery. Fiance' and I went out twice that night for 5 min walks. The next day was up to 4 5 min walks. Really gets the gas moving. I have been off pain meds now since Sat morning. Still battling some nausea off and on...so continuing to take that as needed. Incision pains are not that bad...when they get aggrivated I just put some ice on them and it fixes the problem. I haven't felt hungery really...but not really able to drink alot either right now...about 10oz a day. Anyways just figured I would let everyone know how I was doing. Best of luck to all the future bandsters and quick healing for all of us that have been banded. I am so glad I made this decision.

Hello December Bandsters!

I'm officially banded as of December 4. I think that I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I'm feeling fine. Not that tired, I haven't yet napped once. I requested no pain killers and haven't taken anything thus far. The most painful part is coughing, laughing and sneezing. Other than that, I feel pretty good. I'm on a clear liquid diet with a 48oz requirement per day, and I'm really not feeling all that hungry. The liquids are keeping me satisfied.

My only problem at this point is that I can't drive, otherwise I would probably be at work today. I must add a post-script that I did have a laproscopic kidney donation surgery 2 1/2 years ago, and so I kind of knew what to expect.

Those who suggested a pillow for the car ride home were dead on -- it helps a lot. As for the gas pains, I recommend having a friend/family rub or massage your back as a lot of the gas gets stuck under your shoulders. Moving your arms will help as well.

I hope this helps!

Gretchen :wink_smile:

Stewy, nice to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing:confused:. Sounds like things are going pretty well for you.

Gretchen, wow...what an amazing recovery. So happy that you are doing so well:smile2:. Im sure this was a piece of cake after the kidney transplant.

:thumbup:Hope everyones recovery is going well....Wishing you all the best!!:wink_smile:

Hi everyone! Sure is a blessing to know all this months banders are doing pretty well. Tomorrow is my filter placement day, Wed. is return my mom to the airport day, Thurs. is pre=op day, Fri. is Christmas with DD & DSIL, Sat.&Sun. are officially designated days of rest for surgery on Mon. My DH has designated this as "National Insanity Week"!! Protein Shakes aren't too bad once I got a gourmet formula: 1 pkg any flavor 'On the Go" (any brand) SF drink mix, 1 scoop unflavored dry Protein, 10-12 oz. Water, 1 oz. SF DaVince Syrup (I match to drink flavor) & 8+ ice cubes. Got me through a 3 day family reunion this past weekend with a consistant wt. loss. Ok all of us scheduled for 12/15...speak up & look forward ...Last count I think we're quads or quints!! MarilynC

Thanks so much for keeping us updated! Sounds like things are going really well for you! Keep up the awesome work!!:wink_smile:

My date is two weeks from today :-) I cant wait!!

December 30th!!! Yay! Just barely made it by the end of the year! Now I am praying that I don't get sick or anything.....

I had my gallbladder out last week. Nurses, doctor etc tell me it should be about the same. I am hoping, because my gb surgery was a breeze. No pain, no gas, nothing. I felt great afterwards. Just a few days of being really really tired. The incision sites are still a little sore, but no big deal.

I am a little concerned about the liquid diet tho. I have tried to skip a couple meals and drink a Protein Shake instead, and in about 2 hours I am starving. Stomach growling, gettin irritable, headache, starving!!!! I told my DH he better be patient with me during that, and if he dares to say "Well, your the one that wanted this", I might kill him. He laughed and promised he wouldn't say that!

Lord, I love that man!!!

Btw.. I love the title.... Holiday Hotties! That's great!:wink_smile:

Hi all! I'm Allison! I am new to the site, but so glad I found it! My surgery date is December 16! I am very excited but very nervous! Is there anything any of you wish you would of known before you were banded? I am really worried about the mental hungries? Have any of you had a problem with it?

Hi All, Congrats, Good Luck. Keeping busy is a good thing prior to t he surgery:biggrin: So National Insanity Week is normal ...

OK, anyone out there banded last week getting hungry??? I am!! Im even hungry right after I eat:mad2:...or should I say drink. I just want something to chew on:drool:. What "food stage" is everyone at. My doc said liquids a week or two. Well, another week of this and....HELP:scared2::)!!! Am I the only one experiencing this?????

Hang in there!

Did all of you who are hungry after the band almost right away have to do a preop diet? I'm day 9 of the liquid diet and not really hungry (surgery is the 11th). So maybe if you can stick it out for a few days following what your doctor said the hunger pains will subside?

If you did do a preop and all of a sudden you're hungrier again I'm gonna worry lol

Also I am really liking the Unjury.com shakes.. and the chicken Soup is great here in New England during this cold spell and they are pretty filling. (I don't work for them or anything) Just trying to help. This will all be worth it and you will get the band tightened and it will be a lot easier.

Edited by bethm

Thank you :tt1:

I didn't think that the hungry feeling would go away and was surprised the past day or so I've been ok. I was ready to climb a clocktower or be on cnn holding a mcdonalds hostage before that.

:tt1::lol::lol:HAHA....thats about how I feel right now. Watch out McDonalds...

:biggrin:That just made me smile!! Thx, I needed that:thumbup:

Well It looks like we will be newbies together. Are you as nervous as I am? Tomorrow is the BIG DAY..... Hope all goes well with you....Post soon!!

Hi Guys, I am through to the other side, thank god. Well done to kidney donor... i took all the pain meds i could get my hands on. I was done on Monday night (8th). I am hoping the pain will lessen today, its mostly when i move or try to lie down. Wind has not been too much of a problem, but i am hic-cupping/ burping a lot after liquids. Any ideas how to improve that?

mostly, i am just incredibly tired, dont want to eat or drink anything but am drinking Water to keep my mouth wet.

Good luck December bandsters.