Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Is it too soon to post here? I'm a single pre-op bandster in Florida. Nice to meet everyone!

Hi Trina,

Never too early to form friendships with others who will be traveling the same path as you, who will be supportive of you, who will cheer you on, be there to support you and who share the same dream as you.

Welcome to the group!

I see you are from Gainesville. I am over by Pensacola.

Hi trina4ufl : we live near each other...I live in O'Brien, FL a small rural town between Lake City & Live Oak to the south. My surgery is 12/15 in Ocala. Good luck on getting a Dec date. MarilynC :)

Edited by pmcfarm

Well, I think Indian Summer is over for Kansas City... Sunny but kinda cold and windy out there today. Long sleeve weather may have just begun.

Everybody who is new to the thread, please check out the poll set up to choose a name for us. As of this morning 18 had voted and there is a 3-way tie (you have to check it out to see which 3!)

I think we will give everyone until Monday morning to vote, then we will either post the top 3 for a final decision - OR - if there is a VERY clear winner we will just go with that name.

Those of us who are scheduled for Dec 4th - we have 28 days to go. Not time for nerves yet, but it is time to give thought to picking some aspect of the new way of eating (small bites, chew-chew-chew, no liquid w/meals, etc.) and beginning to practice those things that may be the most troublesome for you. I've had serious "last meal" syndrome for several weeks. I figure that's not all bad to say goodbye to some of those things I will miss - but have to watch out for carrying that too far. I've decided to follow the SoBeach plan - aiming for high Protein these next couple of weeks until I start my pre-op liquids.< /p>

What are the rest of you doing?

Good Morning everyone just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I did vote on name and looking forward to see what the final name will be. Isn't it great we have the chance to live a health life time?

JoAnn are you using you little siliverware I sure am.

Carol

I have not yet done the small plate/little silverware. I think it's a good idea, though. I'm also going to look for a small bowl - that will hold just a cup of food. Maybe I'll pick something up this weekend. Funny how we have to "trick" ourselves, but I'm all in favor of whatever works!!

Hi December Bandsters...soon to have a or 3 names...lol

Carol & Joann, Great thought, cause I have bought a couple of kids silverware (to make it fun) but have not used them yet, maybe now is the time! I have been using the smaller salad fork more.

Hey, even you are forerunners, I and a few others 2BBandsters, go within a week after! Will be looking for your endearing posts!:rolleyes2:

I have not yet done the small plate/little silverware. I think it's a good idea, though. I'm also going to look for a small bowl - that will hold just a cup of food. Maybe I'll pick something up this weekend. Funny how we have to "trick" ourselves, but I'm all in favor of whatever works!!

I bought the cutiest plates it has Giving Thanks on it but didn't get the bowls because there were to big. I'm having a time getting bowls and I don't want plastic.

Hi December Bandsters...soon to have a or 3 names...lol

Carol & Joann, Great thought, cause I have bought a couple of kids silverware (to make it fun) but have not used them yet, maybe now is the time! I have been using the smaller salad fork more.

Hey, even you are forerunners, I and a few others 2BBandsters, go within a week after! Will be looking for your endearing posts!:rolleyes2:[/quot

I have had my silverware before I even go apporved I think I started to look after I seen the surgeon the first time positive thing. lol Just got plates a few weeks back there a little big but there for Thankgiving. Going to get a few for all holidays and make it more festive that way.

Carol

PS Guess it would be nice if I use them with my silverware to. duh

Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the site, so where do I find the poll on names? Also, as far as the plates and silverware go, I bout baby silverware a while back, actually like 2 weeks after the initial meeting with the surgeon! I hadn't thought about getting plates, but after reading the previous posts, I may try to find some small plates and bowls so that maybe I won't feel so out of place with everyone else having full plates and me having like maybe 1/4 of a plate filled!

Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the site, so where do I find the poll on names? Also, as far as the plates and silverware go, I bout baby silverware a while back, actually like 2 weeks after the initial meeting with the surgeon! I hadn't thought about getting plates, but after reading the previous posts, I may try to find some small plates and bowls so that maybe I won't feel so out of place with everyone else having full plates and me having like maybe 1/4 of a plate filled!

Hi Jessica - First off you can find the poll at this post --> http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f284/lets-choose-name-poll-80367/ which you could also find in the December 2008 Bandsters forum area.

As for the silverware and plates I don't need to go far for those with my 13 month old already having those :rolleyes2: He's just going to have to learn to share with Daddy. hehe - But I am not sure I want to use his plates. They are a little cartoonie for an adult. LOL

Thanks Pete for helping me out! I found and voted for the name!

Ya know, I don't mind the cartoons. Makes me feel young and playful! In fact, my boyfriend and I went out and bought some spongebob, ironman and wall-e sets! Sad maybe but I'm excited about using them lol. However, I have to say I'm having a hard time with not guzzeling or chugging drinks. I am really hooked on caffeine and whether it's coffee, strong tea or soda when I get up in the morning, I have to have it. And the second I open up a bottle of Water, soda can, or tea without thinking I've downed over half of it! I'm working on it, but if I don't really think about it before I start, I goof and do it again. Anyone else having these problems?

Well I didn't get a chance to read all seven pages of this thread but wanted to add another December bander to it. Been quite a road to get here but my insurance package was submitted 11/4 and I received approval the next day!

I now have a 12/2 surgery date. Very excited but starting to get some nervous doubts which seems to be pretty normal but hey, it's a big step!

Well I didn't get a chance to read all seven pages of this thread but wanted to add another December bander to it. Been quite a road to get here but my insurance package was submitted 11/4 and I received approval the next day!

I now have a 12/2 surgery date. Very excited but starting to get some nervous doubts which seems to be pretty normal but hey, it's a big step!

Welcome, StartingOverNJ! I have not read back over the posts again, but I believe your date of Dec 2 puts you at the head of the class! If memory serves, I think we have one on Dec 3rd, three of us on Dec 4th, and a couple on the 5th, then many others... (Dec Posters, please correct me if I am wrong!) My date is Dec 4th (27 more days!). I alternate between excitement and nervousness, but I've been working at this since February, so I've had lots of time to research and learn. That has been very good for me, as I am one of those personalities that needs to do that. I actually made my decision quickly, but needed the reinforcement to know I was doing the right thing with the right surgeon and staff.

Please go to the Dec 2008 forum listing and find the Name Poll posted this week. We are asking everyone to vote on a name for the December bandsters. We hope to have a clear choice by Monday morning, so please vote soon.