Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shalee's October Overhaul

Shalee: Welcome to the flatlands! Within the week you will feel much much better, promise! The muscle repair is a killer, but that's what gives you nice flat tummy! May you heal quickly!

Hi Shalee,

Glad to hear you made it through the surgery!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Big Hugs and welcome to the flatlands Hot Mama :scared2::tt1:;)!

:thumbup::smile::blush:

Yipee Yahoo!!!!

I am glad it all went well - take the good drugs for as long as you need and get lots of rest.

Oh yeah - and don't forget the pictures!!! By the way, just how many drains do you have? :eek:

Jacquie

Thanks for the wishes everyone. The internet connection is crappy at this hotel. Also the Dr has me on strict bed rest for now. I have one yucky looking spot that he is watching very closely. its at the point where my vertical cut meets the horizonial cut. So we are staying down in the Dr's area till at least Thursday and heis seeimg me on a daily basis. My breast look BIG to me but he assures me they are just swollen.

And Yes the muscle reapir is very painful. I had a pain pump in but somehow got it tangled up in it and I it came apart last night. it was almost empty so not to bad.

OK back to bed for me untill my appt at 1:00

Thanks again everyone for the prayers and wishes.

Shalee: Sorry you lost your pain pump a little early. It is our friend. I was glad that I woke up with one. Okay it won't help to worry about your incision. You will cope no matter what. Right?! The pain is going to get better every day. That muscle repair is the pits, but that's what is going to help you keep that new flat tummy. By next week you're going to be able to get up and down by yourself, it will be one of the small miracles that is happening for you. I called my Tummy Tuck, "the painful miracle." I just got back from the docs today, and was told that I have to stay in bed for one more week because of a little spot on my back side and that I have to postpone my knee surgery for a month. So, believe me that I feel your frustraton. We'll just have to get on line together more. I wishing you lots of good healing!

Shalee, I have a little spot as well where a vertical and horizontal incision meet on my inner thigh that looks like a suture pulled loose. We steri stripped it today and it looks fine. I figure with as many sutures as we have there is bound to be a stubborn area or two. hang in there. You will be up and going until then. So glad you are doing so well!!

Congrats on making it through!!!! Here's hoping the trouble spot heals quickly and that your recovery is as short and pain free as possible. My best to you!!!!

just a quick hello and thanks for all the wishes and healing prayers. I am doing better, just sore as hell. I have a complication on my insision that dr is treating hoping it will get better and not turn into necrosis, so I m on complete bed rest with a special cream. we see him agasin tomorrow then we get to head home. my boobies are still swollen, but so far hubby likes them,,,hehe ok well back to bed for me

Thanks for the update. I hope you have some good movies or something to watch while you are recuperating. Obviously, hubby has found a new pasttime. ;o)

I've got a little necrosis going on to. Bed rest is pretty boring, but I guess we should take advantange of the situation, huh?! Enjoy the new bod, this too shall pass!

Shalee, I hope you are all settled in at home and feeling better. What is necrosis?

Hi everyone, just a quick check in. I am starting to feel better. It looks like my insicion is getting better, I go back tomorrow to the Dr for an official update. I think what I have is necrosis too, but last week dr said is wasn't, so I'm not sure. I am still opn complete bed rest and it really sucks. But I am following orders.

Thanks for all the well wishes.