Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shalee's October Overhaul

TOMORROW at 10AM and I will be scheduling if all goes right!!!!!!

I moved my yearly pap to next week so that I could have all the other tests run while they were sticking me for my thyroid! My hope is that they will have an opening in OCTOBER.....

TOMORROW at 10AM and I will be scheduling if all goes right!!!!!!

I moved my yearly pap to next week so that I could have all the other tests run while they were sticking me for my thyroid! My hope is that they will have an opening in OCTOBER.....

I also had to have a recent mammagram, and a physical. which consisted of them taking my weight, blood pressure, pulse, heart rate, you know the standard stuff. then Dr will write a letter of clearance. I don't think there will be a problem with labs, My 3 months new thyroid meds seem to be working. I feel alot better since taking them. He wants to wean me off my blood pressure meds but wants to wait untill after surgery.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an Oct date for you!:cool2:

Well today I recieved my letter of denial from my insurance co. They stated there was not enough documentation to suport them paying any portion of a Panni. Sigh, oh well I wasn't holding my breath on them helping out, but it sure as heck would have been nice.

Well it is officially 2 weeks from today!!! WOW this is something I have wanted for so very long, and to wake up this mornng, and realize I will be in the Or in 2 weeks!!!

This is really happening isn't it I told my husband. I'm not sure if it's excitment or fear that keeps me from falling asleep, then waking up all night this past week. And I am in a "nesting" stage, I have been cleaning, going thur cupboards, Painting, and more cleaning this week.

I hired a gardener to take care of my front yard, The back the kids will have to do. I am the gardened in my family, I love to mow, plant, all the upkeep, so it will be hard for me to not do any of this afterwards. But I have promised hubby that I wont do anything untill I am released to do so. When I had my hystectomy 2 yrs ago, I was out watering and pulling a few weeds the following week, he was sooo mad. He said he will lock me in the house if he has to.

WOW 2 weeks untill I can see my cookie again!! WOHOOO and I will have a belly button too. Mine has been in hiding for so long I'm not sure what to do when I see it.

I am just a great big bag of emotions these days.

2 weeks.......2 weeks.........2 weeks.......

Shalee - WOW 2 weeks is no time at all. I am so excited for you. I would love to have a belly button. Like you, mine has been in hiding for a very long time.

Good luck, here is wish time to fly for you!!!!!

Laura

I didn't sleep well this week either. I don't feel so scared as I am jsut picturing every step. WOndering what I will look like. Trying to imagine it. This is such a big deal. I am looking forward to recovering with you!!

Hey Shalee.

Congratulations on being the first November Nymph to make it to Flatlands. You and I were banded on the same day. I hope to be making the journey you are making sometime in the next year. Make sure to give us lots of pictures!!

I had to laugh when you said you were getting a gardener to take over the lawn chores while you recovered. Here in Montana, we have snow and 36 degrees for the high today. I am also the family gardener, but I think my duties are done until next year!

Best of luck!!!!!!

Hi Kelly,

Just checking in. You're getting so close! Woo Hoo!!!!

Goodness, you have everything organized down to the last detail don't you?!!!! I'm in awe and jealous :seeya:!

I'm still in Miami and am afraid to even imagine what my house looks like about now :):tongue::)!

Thanks Foofy, And you will be making the journey one day soon too.

I never imaagined I would be having this done so soon, but things just fell into place and the timing is perfect for us right now. So we said "why wait" I am getting nervous now, I just want it over.... I will post pix soon, scary it will be. yikes

10 days.....

Hi Kelly,

Just checking in. You're getting so close! Woo Hoo!!!!

Goodness, you have everything organized down to the last detail don't you?!!!! I'm in awe and jealous :eek:!

I'm still in Miami and am afraid to even imagine what my house looks like about now :thumbup::tongue::biggrin:!

Thanks Frangi,

I sure am trying to get everrything in order as much as possible before the big day. I know that my family will try thier best to keep it up, but you knw how that goes.:wink2:

Today was pre-op appt. WOW sign here, initial there, seemed like I had to do that 50 times. Talked to Dr again, I had him draw on me to give me an idea of where he will be cutting, OH MY!!! I was like WOW if you can get rid of all that you are truley an amazing Dr and I might just kiss you. We went over my concerns again and my 50 more questions. He might be doing a small cresent lift after all now. We had decided at my last Appt. that I didn't really need a lift, I am more deflated than anythng, but today we talked about a small cresent lift above the nipple possibly, he will know when he gets me on the table with the implants. Best part, No charge for this cresent lift. If he would have done the original anchor or lollipop breast lift it would have been $2000. So this is ok with me.

I alos reitterated my concerns with him moving my port, I have told him I can't afford for anyting to happen to my band/port. and I stay awake at night scared of a problem after PS with it. He said he will take every precaution not to cause a problem. He said he will have to move it to tighten my muscles. So I will just try and not stress over it too much.

I was given all my prescriptions, about 7 of them.:tt2: Picked out a bra thing to wear afterwards, signed some more papers and then we were off. I guess there's no turning back now.

So now I am home and looking in the mirror again at the marks he drew on me and trying to imagine me without that skin.

I just don't think I will be getting any sleep for the next 9 days.

Gym time......:cool2:

Shalee: It's so hard to imagine a flat stomach, but you are going to love it! I know how scary all the papers are to sign and understand the sleepless nights, but soon it will all be over and you'll be in the flatlands. I can't wait for the anxiety to end and the pain to begin!

Shalee,

I'm thinking of you and your upcoming surgery!!! How exciting.

Please take lots of measurements. I think you and I have the same apple shape and I want to get some data on the changes the surgery makes to the apple. My abdomen is bigger than my hips and I sure would like to see that change.

Go November Nymphs!

Hi Foofy, Yes I am an apple shape, a fat one around the middle!! I am planning on taking my measurments and pix on wednesday the night before surgery. I know my Dr takes pix of me when he marks me up. I also asked him for pix of what he removes from me too. ( Because I am weird like that and want to see what is gone) He said Sure no problemo.

6 more days,,, 6 more days..... Arrgghhh I can't take the waiting....

Now only 5 days. It is getting very close. I can't believe our days of waiting are almost over. I dreamed about my surgery all night last night. In my dream I saw myself post op, and I looked pretty hot. I just can't wait!!!